• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Asylum Screens (End of Summer delay confirmed)

HUELEN10 said:
Maybe it will be an option in the final product?

Yes, because with all the things they're working on, they are going to dedicate UI and art time to making it so you can have Batman with or without pupils.

Tobor

The writing and voice acting look to be top notch, but the gameplay remains to be seen. I'm sure I'll end up buying it anyway.

Aske

Batman's voice really grounds the character. The visual interpretation is somewhat jarring, but Kevin Conroy makes it all work for me. Interesting to hear Mark Hamill taking a slightly different direction with the Joker - very in keeping with the character's design in the game.

From an atmosphere and story perspective I'm very interested, but I'm expecting clunky combat. Prove me wrong, Rocksteady!

Lettuce

icecream said:
Hearing those two voices together again = :D

The UE3-style shows through quite a bit though.

2 voices??, wasnt joker in BTAS voiced by Mark Hamill?, that didnt sound like him in the trailer

RobertM

Freedom = $1.05 said:
You, sir, are now required to keep that whore mouth of yours absolutely positively shut for the remainder of your stay here on the planet Earth.
Can I buy my freedom?

I didn't like the "There is no escape Joker" and "It's over Joker" lines, no energy at all.

As much as I like the look and style of this game, along with the concept of taking place inside the assylum, and also that Mark Hamill is returning as the Joker, I just can't get myself looking forward to it since it's... well, it's a Batman game. I haven't liked a Batman game since the NES.

Still, I'll give it props for the points I already pointed out.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Game looks nice. The part I like most about this game is they have the same people that did the voices for batman and joker from the 90's cartoon. Only thing I am not sure about this game is the controls.

so1337

"It's over, Joker."
"Over? Why, my dear delusional dark knight. It hasn't even begun."

Awesome aliteration. Awesome line.

kaskade

Man, I really want this game to be good. Everything about it looks pretty solid so far. Lets hope that the gameplay can hold up.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
~Devil Trigger~ said:
nice, though the Joker BTAS voice would've been better
facepalm

To be fair, though, Hamill does sound a little... different than in TAS.

Conroy was perfect, though. Never thought I'd hear him do Batman again. I'm tearing up a little bit here.

Callibretto said:
I think they shold take some creative freedom and add some white lense to cover his eyes.
currently, his eyes are really weird

I think it looks a bit better with no pupil

batmaneyeedit.jpg
Holy shit, he looks 10x better like that.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
^It would be better if he had solid white panels over his eyes with no shading. In that pic its like hes got white contact lenses.
Htown said:
facepalm

To be fair, though, Hamill does sound a little... different than in TAS.

Conroy was perfect, though. Never thought I'd hear him do Batman again. I'm tearing up a little bit here.

He voiced batman recently in the batman anime thingy that came out before TDK.

It was weird watching the trailer. Its the classic batman voices I know but the visuals do not gel with them at all. I wish the style was more cartoony. Maybe I just need to give it some more time.

Oh and buff gordon was hilarious. :lol

Penguin

That voice is like sweet sweet music to my ears.

Though Hamill does sound a bit different, I think the closest is when he says me drea delusional dark knight.

I will get or at least watch all the cutscenes. :D

f3niks

Callibretto said:
I think they shold take some creative freedom and add some white lense to cover his eyes.
currently, his eyes are really weird

I think it looks a bit better with no pupil

batmaneyeedit.jpg

Quick, someone email the devs this pic so that they can make this change.

Taurus

Interesting. This might be first good Batman game since NES' first Batman. It's been what, 20 years?

Oh, Batman's ears are long. Very long.

suaveric

This Joker does sound slightly different. Maybe Hamil made the voice a little bit darker to match this version of the Joker?

Hamill sounds like he has taken the pitch down a bit, I'm not sure the voice from the cartoon would cross-over too well given the change in art direction that's going on.

(Although I'm open to youtube vids dubbing the trailer to find out!)

Top Bottom