• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

okno

TheJollyCorner said:
some cool, secluded 'City of Lost Children'-style port town would be awesome!

I would explode with joy if this happened.

I'm really liking this teaser site business so far. I've got the itch to go back and play through Bioshock for a second time now. I'm so excited for this game, oh god.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
thirtytwoutside said:
... but I thought they got out of Rapture. If you chose the 'good' path, at least.

Well the fact that there's 2 endings basically negates the entire ending anyway. Besides that, I don't think either ending was written with a sequel in mind, so I'm choosing to ignore it. Though again they could just be called big sisters because it sounds cooler than big mommy, though I don't agree (that it sounds cooler or that that's the reason).

Redd

gollumsluvslave said:
bioshock2 image[/IMG]
Hmmm!

Very interesting!

A Big Sister = Little Sister attached to something?

I'm surprised this thread is so small. Bioshock one was my favorite next gen game until just recently. Can't wait for the sequel.

Neiteio

gollumsluvslave said:
gi_bioshock2.jpg
Bumping this glorious design to the new page.

I imagine this sucker will be all flippy and shit. Running up walls and across ceilings. Or at least, I get a Spider Splicer vibe from it. The viral site mentioned an incident where the Big Sister cut a hole in a window with great precision using that blade. So I'd expect swift, surgical strikes as opposed to the brute force of the Big Daddies.

Can't wait!

Undeux

I hate that the industry is so obsessed with making sequels. Why not take the same creativity that went into the first one and make a new IP with a new twist on the mechanics and ideas? Isn't that more or less what Bioshock was?

I'm going to buy it and probably love it, and I'm excited to play it, but I would've been much more excited if the original team decided to work on a completely new idea.

Borgnine

Undeux said:
I'm going to buy it and probably love it, and I'm excited to play it, but I would've been much more excited if the original team decided to work on a completely new idea.

Isn't this exactly what happened?

Tieno

First reaction to the big sister was a laugh. Looks contrived and a bit ridiculous. Will probably change when I see it in action.

Undeux said:
Supposedly that's exactly what Kevin Levine it up to now.

Borgnine

Awww... the little sister made little fishy drawings on the big sister's tank, isn't that cute?

DIE BITCH GIVE ME YOUR SLUG.

Borgnine said:
Awww... the little sister made little fishy drawings on the big sister's tank, isn't that cute?

DIE BITCH GIVE ME YOUR SLUG.
:lol So this is this month's issue of GameInformer? Will we be able to pick it up in stores this month?

Bernbaum

Wow, a lot can happen when one leaves to go to bed!

I love the idea of 'Big Sisters'- they're probably very likely grown-up little sisters from the first game. Now that I've seen the design on the Gameinformer cover, I'll need to see it in motion to be more convinced. I'm hoping the reasoning behind 'Big Sisters' is that the little sisters were so obsessed with their metallic guardians, they chose to become like them to protect a new generation. Does this mean something has happened to all the Big Daddies in the previous 7 years? I guess we'll wait and see.

EmCeeGramr said:
I can understand a newspaper not wanting to pay attention to a guy with a bunch of newspaper clippings, given that when our friend Mr. Lynch sent his clippings, the kidnapper(s) hadn't reached the other side of the Atlantic yet. But you'd expect that there'd be someone else wanting to investigate this.

The name of the person collecting the clippings is Mark Meltzer.

Dax01 said:
:lol So this is this month's issue of GameInformer? Will we be able to pick it up in stores this month?

No, April issue.

Orlics

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Why big "sister" and not big "mamma"? Just sounds better, or is that a conscious choice of words?

Because people would call the game racist if there was a "Big Mama."

Bernbaum

Dax01 said:
*is confused*
Says right on the barcode, April 2009. I haven't bought a print magazine in years, but they might release a few weeks early.

Here's hoping for a trailer before or at GDC by the end of this month.

Bernbaum said:
Says right on the barcode, April 2009. I haven't bought a print magazine in years, but they might release a few weeks early.

Here's hoping for a trailer before or at GDC by the end of this month.
I though magazine issues were also one month in advance of the month they were released in? The March issue of GI came out in February, right? So the April issue should come out this month, correct?

Borgnine

Dax01 said:
*is confused*

This is the way magazines work, it's not uncommon for a magazine's cover to have a month stamped on it that is actually several months away from the actual month is went on sale.

Wallach

Dax01 said:
I though magazine issues were also one month in advance of the month they were released in? The March issue of GI came out in February, right? So the April issue should come out this month, correct?

This is correct. This issue will go on sale sometime this month.

randomwab

Ohh god, why do I get the feeling from this image that this game is going to be a major rehash of the first game. Colour me worried. : /

Damn, I was hoping we wouldn't be going back to Rapture but instead fighting splicers on the mainland in Bioshock 2.

I'll take a wait and see approach...

Masked Man

I said wow
SO EXCITED. :D

(Also, I'm excited that one of the "sightings" posted on the viral site happened on my birthday, June 14th.) :lol

MNC

I wonder how old she is.

I wonder if she's hot.

Looks good enough for me. Can't wait for new info.

Danielsan

Love the Big Sister design and Bioshock without Rapture would not be Bioshock.
Hopefully the story is as good or better than the first and hopefully they amp up the horror.

Is anyone else reminded of IG-88 from Star Wars when they saw the gameinformer cover?

Oh and could someone do a photoshop of that cover with that creepy black lady from the other thread :lol

gollumsluvslave said:
http://gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/BBD90755-D289-429A-9B4C-A4322FB44313/17881/gi_bioshock2.jpg
Hmmm!

Very interesting!

A Big Sister = Little Sister attached to something?

:O can't wait :)

Slathe

Bernbaum said:
The name of the person collecting the clippings is Mark Meltzer.

Doesn't he ink up the letter with "to protect the innocent". I thought that was a reference indicating it was a pseudonym.

I'm also not convinced he is Jeremiah Lynch. Not sure if that is the prevailing theory, but it doesn't make all that much sense that he receives a letter and photos from Lynch and then makes his own notations on that if he is Lynch.

pringles

Francinium said:
Design isn't doing it for me either, worries me a bit.
I don't really like how the head looks, it's a bit too "robotic" looking, rather than looking like someone in a diving helmet.
I do however love everything else about the design.
Especially that it carries the Little Sister on it's back, I can see some interesting scenarios coming from that.

Spoo

Surprisingly sexy :D

(Mostly) kidding. I'm hyped; that's a great design and I can only imagine how freaky the game will be with 2-meter-tall big sisters moving about.

Hopefully the little sisters aren't confined to that cage...

edit: Take it back; thought that was a cage lol. It's prolly jus how they move them about in danger (as opposed to her hugging onto its neck; it lacks the width of a big daddy)

PS: I want to see MORE than two types of big sister goddamnit.

if it can cut through windows you just know it's gonna come in the rapture hallways from out in the fucking ocean.

Dogs jumping through windows didn't flood the fucking room. One enemy, two ways to die.

God's Beard said:
if it can cut through windows you just know it's gonna come in the rapture hallways from out in the fucking ocean.

Dogs jumping through windows didn't flood the fucking room. One enemy, two ways to die.
oh my goodness this would be incredible.

also, i forget the thing is TWO METERS TALL.

terrifying, and i think the exact direction they should be going in. can't wait.

EDIT:
What do we think they sound like? Since the Big Daddies had that whale sound thing going, I wonder what this could be? A high screech of some sort?

Red

Where did that thing come from? Who could have built it?

Not sold on the design. Looks like Voldo with a fish bowl on his head. The cage thing on its back interests me, though; wonder how that'll be involved in gameplay.

Top Bottom