• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (PS4, Miyazaki, From) details from Famitsu's preview and interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

So why did Project Beast look quite fantastical and medieval-y? (Demon Souls, Skyrim-esque visuals, but super clean).

Bloodborne looked a lot more modern.

E3 Trailer was showing a city while the leaked footage was more urban. Same artstyle on both though.

duckroll

So why did Project Beast look quite fantastical and medieval-y? (Demon Souls, Skyrim-esque visuals, but super clean).

The setting is inspired by the Victorian era. Gothic architecture, strange and twisted horrors, etc. It's not modern.

Huh? Project Beast always looked like a gothic victorian fantasy game. Guns were there, we saw the torch zombies.

Dio

Banned
"Targeting" 30fps? I'm not gonna complain cause it's not 60, but at least make it rock solid 30 D:

・1080p/30fpsになる予定 doesn't really mean 'targeting', that's just translation liberties.

b9xTqN2.gif

Ridley327

Just different parts of the world. Not all of it is set in the city itself, even in the CG trailer itself when the adventurer is exploring the catacombs at the end.

_hekk05

Banned
- There will be no map display in the game

I can see a lot of people getting hopelessly lost or forget where they were after a bit of hiatus.

Certainly does make the game more exploratory though.

Stefan™;115694567 said:
Sad panda

You use that phrase. I don't think you know what it means.
duckroll should know lol

culafia

I am extremely hyped for this as I should be, but as I think about it, I wonder how much like a Souls game this is going to be. Don't get me wrong -- Im guessing the 20 seconds of footage resembles what the final game will look like. On the other hand, there's probably a good reason mechanically and story-wise that this game doesn't carry anything remotely close to the Souls name. It could be a Harvest Moon situation with Namco owning anything related to Souls, but IDK if that's wholly true thanks to Demon's.

vg260

30 fps is not surprising, but disappointing. "Targeting 30" is worrying. It implies it could run lower.

I am extremely hyped for this as I should be, but as I think about it, I wonder how much like a Souls game this is going to be. Don't get me wrong -- Im guessing the 20 seconds of footage resembles what the final game will look like. On the other hand, there's probably a good reason mechanically and story-wise that this game doesn't carry anything remotely close to the Souls name. It could be a Harvest Moon situation with Namco owning anything related to Souls, but IDK if that's wholly true thanks to Demon's.
Demon's Souls is a Sony IP. They just aren't using it.

Personally I'm excited for the next world Miyazaki has to offer, specially since Drangleic was so underwhelming compared to Boletaria and Lordran.

duckroll

No details on the setting ? :(

I didn't think I needed to repeat it, since it was already here: http://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/bloodborne-ps4

Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.

I guess not everyone has seen it though, I'll add it to the OP.

Sounds good!

I find it funny that people are shocked the game is 30fps... it's not like this is M's first game. From/he generally targets 30fps on consoles, so this is just more of the same. 60fps would be nice, but it's a strange thing to have expected.

Gbraga

・1080p/30fpsになる予定 doesn't really mean 'targeting', that's just translation liberties.

Oh, ok, that's better then.

Not that I expect it will be absolutely rock solid going by their track record, but saying they're "targeting" 30 doesn't inspire much confidence. Just saying it will be 30 is better, even if it does drop.

Bought a PS4 for this, can't wait.

Pricken

Looks and sounds incredible! The blog also mentions that in the 19th century, Victorian-inspired city, people have turned into beasts after being inflicted by a "disease of the beasts". The playable character is one of the hunters that hunt these beasts.

HeelPower

If it's locked 30 I'm okay with it. Sacrificing 60FPS for 30 to have insane graphics is fine by me.

The game will definitely be insanely gorgeous.It seems your character will forever remain ugly though..lol

Unless there is a way to temporarily remove the bloodborne thing from your body(reverse hollowing)

Karthaugh

Thank god it isn't 60FPS. The added difficulty on pc made it brutal :p

On topic, I don't think I'm gonna last 'till then, heart was going mad at the E3 vid. Too much hype for my old bones. Can't wait to see what they do with the online portion, hopefully there will be some improvements in the combat section too (in regards to that "tactical" comment)

I'm ok with 30fps. Optimization is not From Software's strength and this is the first game they develop for new gen, so give them a break guys.

Portugeezer

30 fps is not surprising, but disappointing. "Targeting 30" is worrying. It implies it could run lower.

It's in development. People really need to calm down when they say they're targeting 30fps, all that means is that it will be a 30fps game, don't expect 60.

I am more worried when devs say they are targeting 60fps, because many have not managed a smooth 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom