• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (SCEJA game) news announcement on the 21st!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
What we know already:

- Dragon Quest Heroes (release in March)
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (release in March)
- Final Fantasy XV (possible release in December 2015)
- Bloodborne (release in February)
- Falcom Y's series (release in 2015)
- Gundam PS4 (release in 2015)
- Metal Gear Solid V (release in 2015)
- Persona 5 (release in 2015)

Tales is coming to PS3 in January 2015

What other Japanese franchises are we looking at that could be announced?

What we know already:

What other Japanese franchises are we looking a that could be announced?

Monster Hunter?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Right after Bloodborne stage demo, Hidetaka Miyazaki came on stage and announce he'll be Directing Demon's Soul 2......megatonnn..

UrbanRats

Jesus Christ, please let it NOT be Crash Bandicoot.
That horrid mascot needs to disappear from the collective consciousness.

Gestault

It wasn't announced, it was just teased with no platform/s.

The trailer for the new entry from Keiichiro Toyama's Team Gravity during last year's TGS sizzle reel for Vita titles seemed somewhat more specific. It technically doesn't say "Gravity Dash 2," but since the different regional titles would have complicated that, I think the footage shown was a fair hint.

iJY2U88DbJojj.gif

Elios83

The trailer for the new entry from Keiichiro Toyama's Team Gravity during last year's TGS sizzle reel for Vita titles seemed somewhat more specific. It technically doesn't say "Gravity Dash 2," but since the different regional titles would have complicated that, I think the footage shown was a fair hint.

iJY2U88DbJojj.gif

Yeah I know ;) I just meant that there hasn't been any formal announcement for a sequel.
Let's say they just teased it.
I'd really like to see it announced as soon as possible, but considering the comments and what different sources are saying (game possibly releasing relatively soon, already playable, might move hardware in Japan during the holiday season), clearly it's not GR.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Then what about a remake to DQ8 or DQ9 for the PS4? The final signal of what many think may happen (mainline DQ returning to PS).

Maybe DQ8? I'm puzzled. What could be announced for this holiday season, be ready and shipped, that could make Japanese consumers jump on the PS4 bandwagon.

It must be a tentpole franchise but which one as most of them have already been announced. hmmmmm

let's figure out what dev has been quiet but may have came up from the dark since ps4 reveal.

Watch it be Armored Core or Ace Combat

What we know already:

What other Japanese franchises are we looking at that could be announced?

no Persona 5 in 2015?

Maybe DQ8? I'm puzzled. What could be announced for this holiday season, be ready and shipped, that could make Japanese consumers jump on the PS4 bandwagon.

It must be a tentpole franchise but which one as most of them have already been announced. hmmmmm

They could easily have a remaster of DQ8 ready to go for this holiday. If it's something that's supposed to get people to go out and buy the PS4 during the holiday season, then something on that scale is what you'd first think of.

LtOrange

I now have it in my head that there is a possibility of Dragon Quest or Monster Hunter making a return to Playstation. GAF, you are not good for my health.

Anko

Guys, like mao2 said, the dengeki announcement is not necessarily for a game.

Firstly, it's an announcement by "dengeki playstation"

Secondly, like mao2 said, 特別企画 can mean anything they decide to do to celebrate their own 20th anniversary. It doesn't have to be a game. Someone is taking it to definitely mean a game when it is likely not when it's worded like that. Besides, the announcement will likely have something to do with the dengeki brand.

It seems to me the rumoured one in the op is unrelated to the one in the dengeki stream.

One thing I never understood is why Capcom has not made a Monster Hunter game with Sony for the PS4 (and PS3 earlier). It seems like such an obvious success, you really have to wonder what they're thinking. I'd put money on 750K PS4s sold the month it would release.

Elios83

Guys, like mao2 said, the dengeki announcement is not necessarily for a game.

Firstly, it's an announcement by "dengeki playstation"

Secondly, like mao2 said, 特別企画 can mean anything they decide to do to celebrate their own 20th anniversary. It doesn't have to be a game. Someone is taking it to definitely mean a game when it is likely not when it's worded like that. Besides, the announcement will likely have something to do with the dengeki brand.

It seems to me the rumoured one in the op is unrelated to the one in the dengeki stream.

Yes it seems like those are not related things but a game announcement of some sort is still coming based on other sources (including the SCEJA CEO, IGN, and the PS4 coming soon section release schedule).

wapplew

One thing I never understood is why Capcom has not made a Monster Hunter game with Sony for the PS4 (and PS3 earlier). It seems like such an obvious success, you really have to wonder what they're thinking. I'd put money on 750K PS4s sold the month it would release.

Because making it HD cost a whole lot, make them unable to milk the game in cheaper form factor.
Also it only sell well on handheld.

Imouto

Banned

I would put money on 100k. MonHan isn't popular on home console. It wasn't on the PS2. It didn't help the WiiU. I don't think it will help the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom