• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

I ended up having a few beers and playing a number of solitaire games of Mage Knight this evening.

It is a load of fun. I don't know if it is because I watched a few videos before playing it but I didn't find it as inaccessible as a lot of people say it is (although I did make a couple of mistakes here and there, but I blame the alcohol). Puzzling out exactly what you can do with your hand is extremely rewarding and I have found, you really can often find ways of doing things you thought were just not possible. Remembering to use the skills you unlock can be hard though, hehe.

Very much looking forward to playing through the intro quest with my buddy on the weekend and trying a co-op game, but I can see myself digging this out to play solitaire very frequently.

So far I am really happy I picked it up. The game shop also just got in a copy of Archipelago, and I was so tempted to buy it but I know my usual group of friends will absolutely not be keen for that type of game.

I do enjoy solitaire gaming so between this and Robinson Crusoe and A Feast for Odin later this month I will be a very happy chap, I think.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
what are some good 2 player board games i can play with the girlfriend? preferably one you don't have to invest enormous amounts of time to learn or play.

My wife LOVES Suburbia, and I'm right there with her. Since there's almost no "screw you" going on, it never feels malicious and instead feels very organic. That's probably our most played 2p game. Others have already mentioned some of the other key games.

Draysoth

If anyone is in South Ontario, March 1st at Collective Arts Brewery Hamilton there is a Stratos play session (free) with the designer. 7-9 pm. Should be fun.

Palmer_v1

they were a fraction of this. like, divide by 4 of this :p

So, we're pretty happy with this. It's been in development for a while, and its one we were a bit afraid the art direction might scare some people off. It's what we wanted, but there is that "have we gone insane, and should we have made the game red and brown" moment.

I have to say, the kinda... garish? colors turned me off to it a bit. It's still an interesting theme, but I'd wait until I demo'd it, or had some reviews from people I know.

There's just so many games to play as it is. Do you worry at all that board gaming becoming more mainstream will also lead to more games to compete with?

chifanpoe

My wife LOVES Suburbia, and I'm right there with her. Since there's almost no "screw you" going on, it never feels malicious and instead feels very organic. That's probably our most played 2p game. Others have already mentioned some of the other key games.

Such an amazing game. I play this with my 10yo at least once a month for the past year.

I ended up having a few beers and playing a number of solitaire games of Mage Knight this evening.

It is a load of fun. I don't know if it is because I watched a few videos before playing it but I didn't find it as inaccessible as a lot of people say it is (although I did make a couple of mistakes here and there, but I blame the alcohol). Puzzling out exactly what you can do with your hand is extremely rewarding and I have found, you really can often find ways of doing things you thought were just not possible. Remembering to use the skills you unlock can be hard though, hehe.

Very much looking forward to playing through the intro quest with my buddy on the weekend and trying a co-op game, but I can see myself digging this out to play solitaire very frequently.

So far I am really happy I picked it up. The game shop also just got in a copy of Archipelago, and I was so tempted to buy it but I know my usual group of friends will absolutely not be keen for that type of game.

I do enjoy solitaire gaming so between this and Robinson Crusoe and A Feast for Odin later this month I will be a very happy chap, I think.

If you think you are familiar with the game already, you probably can do co-op Conquest with him. I taught my son and my in-law by jumping right in and it was much more fun for them. Mage Knight is great solo and also I think is excellent at 2-player. It's a lot of fun working together to take down the last city. (Though it mean more co-op assault rule to read up on). It's my favorite game because of the exact reasons you wrote. It's very satisfying to be able to figure out thing you can do with the hand of cards you have. As for those ability tokens, I try to keep them next to my discard pile so I don't forget about using them.

ultron87

I love playing Trains so much. It feels like Dominion, which I also like, but the board adds enough player interaction and differing strategies that there isn't just one solution for each set of cards.

It is kind of annoying if you aren't ready for it, but I also really like how managing waste works in the game, with you either having a strategy to manage it throughout or trying to time the end of the game with your deck becoming just a waste filled mess.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I love playing Trains so much. It feels like Dominion, which I also like, but the board adds enough player interaction and differing strategies that there isn't just one solution for each set of cards.

It is kind of annoying if you aren't ready for it, but I also really like how managing waste works in the game, with you either having a strategy to manage it throughout or trying to time the end of the game with your deck becoming just a waste filled mess.

Trains is awesome. People seriously underrate it either from a single play or no play but just thinking it looks boring.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm a total D&D 5e acolyte now. I joined a tabletop gamer's group that plays every Sunday. The blocks change every 6 weeks, so you can experience I different game or setting. I've enjoyed it.

I have 6 weeks of World of Darkness coming up, and then 6 weeks of Alternity. No idea about those games, but hey!

joelseph

You should play Clank! (if you haven't already.) Another really good deck-builder-on-a-board.

Then you should play Automobiles. Part of the AEG triology with Trains. It's a bag-builder.

ultron87

You should play Clank! (if you haven't already.) Another really good deck-builder-on-a-board.

Then you should play Automobiles. Part of the AEG triology with Trains. It's a bag-builder.

I've played a game of both of those actually.

I enjoyed Automobiles quite a bit.

I wasn't super thrilled by Clank. It felt like the game ended too quickly to really get my my deck into a place where it felt like something I'd uniquely built. Part of that is because someone got a real good combo that let them rush very very quickly through stuff. Also I'm not a huge fan of random buy rows. I'd try it again, but first play didn't sell me.

Experien

Played with people who had their own decks of Destiny for the first time last night, not sure if the game is for me. I just got demolished and I was lucky if I could do any damage. So many cards that seemed to generate shields every turn and able to take out characters in a single hit, just makes me think I should bow-out while I can get some money for the game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Played with people who had their own decks of Destiny for the first time last night, not sure if the game is for me. I just got demolished and I was lucky if I could do any damage. So many cards that seemed to generate shields every turn and able to take out characters in a single hit, just makes me think I should bow-out while I can get some money for the game.

Yeah, I mean if you're just playing one deck vs. another without any regard for the quality of the deck it probably won't be much fun unless somehow they're evenly matched. Same is true for pretty much any competitive LCG or CCG. As a fairly serious player with lots of supply, I just carry around several decks w/ me. So if someone is casual I'm happy to play their rando deck with a T2 or below jank deck I might have. Or if they want to play my Han/Rey I can give them Vader/Raider or some Jango deck. Works out pretty well usually.

EYEL1NER

Hopefully places start getting stock of Clank! in soon. I believe you are the one ITT that got me interested in it after seeing you mention it before. I had seen the name around but didn't have any clue what it was until I finally said "Okay, I've seen it enough times now. What is this game all about?" Man I want it.
I mean, I could buy a copy for like $65 from Amazon but no thanks. I'll see how much I like Super Motherload when it shows up tomorrow and maybe play it next week. I've seen more than a couple comparisons made in reviews between the two.

Experien

Yeah, I mean if you're just playing one deck vs. another without any regard for the quality of the deck it probably won't be much fun unless somehow they're evenly matched. Same is true for pretty much any competitive LCG or CCG. As a fairly serious player with lots of supply, I just carry around several decks w/ me. So if someone is casual I'm happy to play their rando deck with a T2 or below jank deck I might have. Or if they want to play my Han/Rey I can give them Vader/Raider or some Jango deck. Works out pretty well usually.

That is much more considerate than the guy I played. I had two decks "prepared" but it really felt like I shouldn't bother unless I have Jango and/or BAL whoever.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That is much more considerate than the guy I played. I had two decks "prepared" but it really felt like I shouldn't bother unless I have Jango and/or BAL whoever.

Ha yeah that's annoying. Although if someone insisted on matching up I wouldn't hate it and it would probably teach them a lesson about the importance of considering deck strength in casual play. :p

The Destiny community is pretty good but I do feel like it's not as friendly as the Netrunner community because it has lots of CCG people who (sorry) sometimes lean more to the asshole or at least not-thoughtful side. Even the various podcast and YT personalities aren't really particularly thoughtful or community-oriented, doing stuff like bitching about how some opponent lucked out in beating them. Not a dealbreaker (I mean the game itself is a 9/10 for me on BGG scale -- it would take A LOT to keep me away) but I do feel the game and community have a slightly saltier vibe than Netrunner did at least in the early days.

If you think you are familiar with the game already, you probably can do co-op Conquest with him. I taught my son and my in-law by jumping right in and it was much more fun for them. Mage Knight is great solo and also I think is excellent at 2-player. It's a lot of fun working together to take down the last city. (Though it mean more co-op assault rule to read up on). It's my favorite game because of the exact reasons you wrote. It's very satisfying to be able to figure out thing you can do with the hand of cards you have. As for those ability tokens, I try to keep them next to my discard pile so I don't forget about using them.

Thanks for the advice, mate. I am about to sit down and try a solo conquest now, will see how I go with that. I feel like I am already pretty comfortable with everything going on so I might try and start him off on conquest. I went through the rules for co-op city assaults and such earlier this morning.

I am really, really enjoying it so far.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
holy crap stooge are you guys gonna hit a million? I mean at this rate hahaha...

feel like that's both a good and bad thing b/c expectations will be sky-high but hey better than the alternative :D

holy crap stooge are you guys gonna hit a million? I mean at this rate hahaha...

feel like that's both a good and bad thing b/c expectations will be sky-high but hey better than the alternative :D

OMG, that's amazing. With quite a few hits already, stooge is such a boardgame Mogul now. Congrats stooge, you deserve this.

Lame name though, should've been called Billy and the Cloneasaurus.

Keasar

Anyone got any experience with Champions of Midgard? Saw a video review of the game by Dice Tower and Tom Vasel said it was like a Lords of Waterdeep (which is a fun game) but with theme (which sounds also fun), and there seems to be a Kickstarter going on for a expansion of the game, was considering that maybe I should throw some money at that for a copy if people consider it a good worker placement game.

EYEL1NER

After the success of Conan I figured they'd be a KS company going forward.
I'm not someone who has a problem with Kickstarter being used now as a storefront rather than a chance to develop projects that would otherwise never get off the ground. And I don't usually care when something comes along from a company that others feel should have the funds to cover it, like when a major publisher of board or video games puts up a title. But I don't know, I saw "Batman" and had an intense negative reaction to it, just like "Come on, really? With the next Batman movie struggling, is that going to get Kickstarted too?"
Actually, that might solve their director problems. Just put up a huge value stretch goal that says that in addition to getting a copy of the movie, that backer will be able to direct it. Or some campaigns get way too into letting the opinions of backers alter their projects (often times to the detriment of the project), maybe they can let it be directed by committee via the KS comments section.
Batman definitely seems too big to be on Kickstarter to me and it kind of devalues the IP a bit in my eyes. I'm also pretty sure already that I am not going to be interested in it; I was interested in Mythic Battles prior to the Pantheon Kickstarter running and that Kickstarter killed a lot of my interest in that. If it follows the Monolith formula, Batman's Kickstarter is probably going to cost $150 or somewhere there abouts for the 'complete' tier, have an additional couple hundred dollars worth of add-ons and stretch goal expansions, have tons of Kickstarter exclusives that will cause flippers to back it and instantly put up pre-order auctions on eBay for ludicrous amounts, and have more minis in it than I can count. And it'll make millions because the people who back minis games for the minis and don't care about the game behind it are going to back it after seeing one Batman mini (I actually think that the combination of "Batman" and "Monolith" could mean they could hit their goal as soon as they open the project without showing off a single mini sculpt. They could put up a blank placeholder page with tiers and amounts listed and shatter their target anyway).
I'm not one of the minis haters you see on BGG voting in polls that every game should have colored cubes or cardboard standees at most. And I haven't played Conan and am not trying to say that Monolith doesn't have good games behind all the minis. There is just a huge amount of people backing these KS miniature-heavy games whose hobby isn't really playing them all that much but more collecting/painting miniatures. It makes me wonder what will happen to KS games if a large portion of that population moves on or gets bored, or decides "I think I've got enough minis at this point."

Lupercal

Banned
I'm not someone who has a problem with Kickstarter being used now as a storefront rather than a chance to develop projects that would otherwise never get off the ground. And I don't usually care when something comes along from a company that others feel should have the funds to cover it, like when a major publisher of board or video games puts up a title. But I don't know, I saw "Batman" and had an intense negative reaction to it, just like "Come on, really? With the next Batman movie struggling, is that going to get Kickstarted too?"
Actually, that might solve their director problems. Just put up a huge value stretch goal that says that in addition to getting a copy of the movie, that backer will be able to direct it. Or some campaigns get way too into letting the opinions of backers alter their projects (often times to the detriment of the project), maybe they can let it be directed by committee via the KS comments section.
Batman definitely seems too big to be on Kickstarter to me and it kind of devalues the IP a bit in my eyes. I'm also pretty sure already that I am not going to be interested in it; I was interested in Mythic Battles prior to the Pantheon Kickstarter running and that Kickstarter killed a lot of my interest in that. If it follows the Monolith formula, Batman's Kickstarter is probably going to cost $150 or somewhere there abouts for the 'complete' tier, have an additional couple hundred dollars worth of add-ons and stretch goal expansions, have tons of Kickstarter exclusives that will cause flippers to back it and instantly put up pre-order auctions on eBay for ludicrous amounts, and have more minis in it than I can count. And it'll make millions because the people who back minis games for the minis and don't care about the game behind it are going to back it after seeing one Batman mini (I actually think that the combination of "Batman" and "Monolith" could mean they could hit their goal as soon as they open the project without showing off a single mini sculpt. They could put up a blank placeholder page with tiers and amounts listed and shatter their target anyway).
I'm not one of the minis haters you see on BGG voting in polls that every game should have colored cubes or cardboard standees at most. And I haven't played Conan and am not trying to say that Monolith doesn't have good games behind all the minis. There is just a huge amount of people backing these KS miniature-heavy games whose hobby isn't really playing them all that much but more collecting/painting miniatures. It makes me wonder what will happen to KS games if a large portion of that population moves on or gets bored, or decides "I think I've got enough minis at this point."

If someone was really smart, they'd make a game that allows you to use whatever mini's you want in it.
Kind of a Heroscape thing.

Mr E.

Anyone got any experience with Champions of Midgard? Saw a video review of the game by Dice Tower and Tom Vasel said it was like a Lords of Waterdeep (which is a fun game) but with theme (which sounds also fun), and there seems to be a Kickstarter going on for a expansion of the game, was considering that maybe I should throw some money at that for a copy if people consider it a good worker placement game.

I have not played it but to me it's more comparable to Stone Age than LoW. I don't see the comparison to LoW.

EYEL1NER

If someone was really smart, they'd make a game that allows you to use whatever mini's you want in it.
Mobile Frame Zero allows you to use whatever you want, I believe. I don't know much about it but a couple people I play X-Wing with play MFZ and they use a ton of Lego in their game. The three or so people I know who play it together love it. I asked once for a bit of info on it and can't recall much but I did mention that I didn't have any particular affinity for Lego and I was told I could use anything. I said I had several dozen inch-tall SD Gundam a Force figures and they said those would work. One of these days I might look into it further.

If you want to see a playthrough, there's an episode of Table Top on it. I bought it after watching the ep and seeing it on sale, but haven't had a chance to get it to the table yet.

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I'm a total D&D 5e acolyte now. I joined a tabletop gamer's group that plays every Sunday. The blocks change every 6 weeks, so you can experience I different game or setting. I've enjoyed it.

I have 6 weeks of World of Darkness coming up, and then 6 weeks of Alternity. No idea about those games, but hey!
I'm still a huge 4E fan, but 5e is pretty great and has done a great job of pulling new people in it seems!

World of Darkness is a pretty different play style, but some of my favorite games were WoD. Do you know what setting you are using? Standard humans, Vampires, Werewolves, etc?

Played a bunch of Carcassonne, Legendary: Marvel, Bloodborne the Card Game and Inis tonight. Was a lot of fun.

I'm not entirely sure my friend got all the rules right for Legendary because we smashed every game we played, but it was alright. Bloodborne is surprisingly good and light fun. Good way to kick off the night.

Experien

Played a bunch of Carcassonne, Legendary: Marvel, Bloodborne the Card Game and Inis tonight. Was a lot of fun.

I'm not entirely sure my friend got all the rules right for Legendary because we smashed every game we played, but it was alright. Bloodborne is surprisingly good and light fun. Good way to kick off the night.

Bloodborne is good and gets such a bad rap. Is it because people aren't understanding it is a push your luck game?

I am anxious to see what the expansion adds since I am a big fan of the game and want to see all the weapons/enemies.

I bought this on a hype that it's like Lords of Waterdeep (which at the time we played a lot of). Beside the similar looking board (places to go, point track, cards and tiles) and worker placement game, we found the game to be very difference from Lords of Waterdeep. Sadly while my daughter thought it was fun (since she was always winning), we didn't really enjoy it at all. The dice rolls to beat the monsters was fun at first but after a few times it became very annoying to lost the battle because of your poor rolls even if there is a way to mitigate the bad rolls it would cost you a resource and it the end it was not the game that we played very often.

I am also looking at the KS expansion to see if may be they would address some of the problem. I have some games that improve with expansions so this might be one of the games but I could just be throwing away money.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Base Legendary is too easy, which is why they made it semi-coop by default and not pure co-op (though there is a pure co-op mode). The expansion Masterminds and Scenarios really up the difficulty and let you play the game in its best mode, which is pure co-op (semi co-op for this game at least is just beyond silly).

There's a ton of games that do this already, they just aren't really marketed as there is no money to make with them. Typically they are rule sets done in a book and nothing more, since you are letting players use other miniatures, you are not making any money on the main selling point anymore. Theres a mecha based game for example which is essentially building mecha out of legos.

EYEL1NER

Super Motherload and Roll For It Deluxe just arrived. I broke open Roll For It Deluxe immediately and my wife, daughter, and I played a quick game. I won with 45pts, first to 40; my wife and daughter both got 19pts each. They both really enjoyed it. My daughter wanted to play another game of it as soon as we finished but my son was starting to get fussy. The game is compact and very portable, it has a small footprint, and the components look nice (they may just be simple cards and dice but the cards have pleasant artwork that reminds me of A Trip to the Moon or Bioshock's Rapture/Columbia). It's a super-simple push your luck game but I think that simplicity will make it go over really well with people who don't play modern designer games. It may not be a brain-burner in the strategy department but the limited decision making regarding where to commit dice to and whether to overcommit and hedge your bets on rolling the one thing you need with a remaining die is enough for what the game is: a light and fast filler title. It has a high play count too which is great because I've been trying to find more light filler titles that play more than 6 people and aren't social deduction games.
My only complaints would be minor ones: the price is too high (I was dumbfounded when I saw earlier that the MSRP is $38, I was waffling on the $27 Amazon price and only jumped in when they ran their promo coupon for $8 off a $50 purchase a few days ago), the dice are a bit too small (I knew they would be small but they are a tad bit smaller than I imagined), and there is no purple or pink set of dice. I believe one of the regular versions of Roll For It has a set of purple dice but my daughter was disappointed when I opened the game today and there was no purple dice, especially after I described the game to her this morning in preparation for its delivery and told her there would be some (I assumed that with that many dice in the game, one set would have to be purple or pink. But what do they say about assuming...?).

Super Motherload looks great. I've punched and sorted it all out and am now just waiting for a chance to play it. Between this and Santorini, I now have my eyes on Roxley Games.
One of these days I want to have a video game themed board game night, but not with licensed titles. Super Motherload would work as a Dig Dug-esque deckbuilder, Potion Explosion is the bubble popping homage, The Battle at Kemble's Cascade is a perfect top-down shooter, FITS had similarities in appearance to Tetris, Frag fits the classic TPS/FPS style arena shooter bill, BattleCON and Yomi are great representations of 2D fighting game, and then maybe by the time I get around to doing such a game night, I could have made my own custom components for PitchCar to replicate the custom Mario Kart or generic Kart Racer variants people have created. I'm sure I've got some other games too that would go great with such a game night.

zeeaykay

Gloomhaven just got delivered. My god. Even after reading impressione and podcasts about it, nothing can prepare you for its utterly massive amount of stuff. If you aren't prepared to be storing as you punch out I don't know how you'd ever be able to find stuff. And I say this as a positive.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Gloomhaven just got delivered. My god. Even after reading impressione and podcasts about it, nothing can prepare you for its utterly massive amount of stuff. If you aren't prepared to be storing as you punch out I don't know how you'd ever be able to find stuff. And I say this as a positive.

I still haven't played it - I've been playing One Deck Dungeon. I desperately want to put it on the table, though.

Keasar

I have not played it but to me it's more comparable to Stone Age than LoW. I don't see the comparison to LoW.

If you want to see a playthrough, there's an episode of Table Top on it. I bought it after watching the ep and seeing it on sale, but haven't had a chance to get it to the table yet.

I bought this on a hype that it's like Lords of Waterdeep (which at the time we played a lot of). Beside the similar looking board (places to go, point track, cards and tiles) and worker placement game, we found the game to be very difference from Lords of Waterdeep. Sadly while my daughter thought it was fun (since she was always winning), we didn't really enjoy it at all. The dice rolls to beat the monsters was fun at first but after a few times it became very annoying to lost the battle because of your poor rolls even if there is a way to mitigate the bad rolls it would cost you a resource and it the end it was not the game that we played very often.

I am also looking at the KS expansion to see if may be they would address some of the problem. I have some games that improve with expansions so this might be one of the games but I could just be throwing away money.

Hm, something to keep in mind then for later, really need a good worker placement game for the collection and don't know what to go for. Been thinking about Argent: The Consortium but it looks so really goddamn heavy (but it is a Level99 game that people seem to really like).

I know I am definitely in for a copy of Dinosaur Island and Monikers with the SUSD expansion.

Mr E.

Hm, something to keep in mind then for later, really need a good worker placement game for the collection and don't know what to go for. Been thinking about Argent: The Consortium but it looks so really goddamn heavy (but it is a Level99 game that people seem to really like).

I know I am definitely in for a copy of Dinosaur Island and Monikers with the SUSD expansion.

Viticulture is a really good one a bit heavier but it has a race feel to it. The victory conditions are based on the first to a set amount of points.

Snowdonia is very solid too.

How many players are you looking for?

Edit to add neither are anywhere near as heavy as Argent.

Experien

How is Elder Sign? How does it compare to the iOS version? I hear it is different but is it? Do I need the expansions to have fun?

Also, thinking about selling my Destiny set. Either to a friend or piece it out to online retailers and sell my unopened packs to people who want them. Not sure if CCGs are for me and constantly buying to have the best cards (for a few months) seems too much if I don't want to get into the theorycraft of it all.

KJ869

I would recomend looking bgg marketplace for crisis (only ever sold in ks shipped in Last autumn) by ludicreations. It is excellent workerplacemen/econony engine with a nice twist. If you only focus on money and resources and dont gather victory constantly the econony goes to crisis and if you dont stop it you all lose

Bloodborne is good and gets such a bad rap. Is it because people aren't understanding it is a push your luck game?

I am anxious to see what the expansion adds since I am a big fan of the game and want to see all the weapons/enemies.

It could be. It was the first time we played it and we basically picked up on the push your luck and the kind of, bluffing type stuff immediately. It is very light but it was a fun way to start the night. It will be interesting to see what is in the expansion!

Base Legendary is too easy, which is why they made it semi-coop by default and not pure co-op (though there is a pure co-op mode). The expansion Masterminds and Scenarios really up the difficulty and let you play the game in its best mode, which is pure co-op (semi co-op for this game at least is just beyond silly).

Glad to hear the expansions are harder. Something felt off about the whole game. We played two games, one against Red Skull and the other against Magneto. None of us ever took a wound and we would finish the game before building a really compelling deck. Looking forward to taking a crack at the expansions.

Same group of friends ended up cancelling their plans for tonight owing to the weather being horrible here today, so we are on again for another game tonight. Not sure what we will play yet but it should be fine.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How is Elder Sign? How does it compare to the iOS version? I hear it is different but is it? Do I need the expansions to have fun?

Also, thinking about selling my Destiny set. Either to a friend or piece it out to online retailers and sell my unopened packs to people who want them. Not sure if CCGs are for me and constantly buying to have the best cards (for a few months) seems too much if I don't want to get into the theorycraft of it all.

I like Elder Sign a lot but you absolutely have to get Gates of Arkham or Omens of Ice or it's just too easy. This thread outlines all the differences: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7783006#7783006

Used to be app was better but now with the two aforementioned expansions tabletop is firmly in the lead.

Damn, all we played tonight was Eldritch Horror. Nearly 5 hours for the one game that we ended up losing when Yog Sothoth arrived. It was a lot of fun, but it was also pretty rough. Really feel like I need to get expansions already, even in the one game tonight we were repeating investigation cards and encounter cards fairly rapidly. But it was still a good time.

Mage Knight and Inis tomorrow!
Despite another hangover..

chifanpoe

Mine showed up yesterday as well. Took me over 2 hours to punch, organize, and sleeve this monster. Girls picked out their characters and I am going to start painting them today. We ran through mission 1, one time before going to bed. Hit it again this morning for a practice play. The game is already a huge hit with them (and me).

B6lE7jc.jpg

Top Bottom