• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Board Gaming |OT2| On Tables, Off Topic

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Go to add AH:LCG to my CSI wishlist for the reprint:

tkBRf2s.png

Men6gIp.png

Not sure on how much FFG is printing.. But AH:LCG is constantly sold out online and in stores. A couple months back every store in the area had at least 10-15 copies on the shelves (after two restocks since being sold out at xmas).. So we are talking probably 150+ copies in the area.. and now we are back to no one having any core sets and missing about 3/4 of the mythos packs.

game has to be FFGs most successful LCG of all time at this point..

Gurrry

Getting into that Dragonball Super TCG. Stock is hard to find, but I got a few packs at target and someone from my LGS gave me some cards to help.

This game is really great. Its like a mix-mash of Magic, Pokemon, Yugioh, Hearthstone and more.

If you like the anime, check out the game. Im regularly playing it on TTS so if you see me, hop on in!

Neverfade

Not sure on how much FFG is printing.. But AH:LCG is constantly sold out online and in stores. A couple months back every store in the area had at least 10-15 copies on the shelves (after two restocks since being sold out at xmas).. So we are talking probably 150+ copies in the area.. and now we are back to no one having any core sets and missing about 3/4 of the mythos packs.

game has to be FFGs most successful LCG of all time at this point..

I'm aware of all that. I've also been shopping at CSI long enough to know that games with much smaller print runs have been in super high demand and had a 2 per limit many times. Given the nature of this game particularly, I think that should apply here as well.

XShagrath

I'm aware of all that. I've also been shopping at CSI long enough to know that games with much smaller print runs have been in super high demand and had a 2 per limit many times. Given the nature of this game particularly, I think that should apply here as well.
I'm sure you could call or email them and see if they would make an exception. It actually appears to be one per order, as I was able to place two orders back to back for core sets during a restock a few months back. I have the luxury of doing an in-store pick-up, and they didn't give me any flak, even with one of their head guys pulling my orders.

Do we have a tabletop design thread? Only ones I can find that are decent are reddit and boardgamegeek

been cobbling up basics of gameflow for a card game, but combat is giving me a headache.

Also, any thoughts on 51st State? never heard of it till now, and it sounds interesting.

KJ869

Do we have a tabletop design thread? Only ones I can find that are decent are reddit and boardgamegeek

been cobbling up basics of gameflow for a card game, but combat is giving me a headache.
Might not be a bad idea to start one. Im sure theres plenty of people who have projects in their drawers

Neverfade

Also, any thoughts on 51st State? never heard of it till now, and it sounds interesting.

I have Imperial Settlers which is virtually the same game with a different skin. I like it a good deal.

Do note that the newest version of 51st State in the Master Set box is a tweaked version of the old 51st State game, which I think is.... not good.

Phthisis

I have Imperial Settlers which is virtually the same game with a different skin. I like it a good deal.

Do note that the newest version of 51st State in the Master Set box is a tweaked version of the old 51st State game, which I think is.... not good.

They're just different. New 51st State is essentially Imperial Settlers. Old 51st State is more like Race for the Galaxy.

fenners

They're just different. New 51st State is essentially Imperial Settlers. Old 51st State is more like Race for the Galaxy.

What? That's what I said.

Old 51st State is a bad attempt at a 'build a tableaux game' like Race. It's got horrible flow, horrible icons & just downright rules that didn't think through the flow of the game. They overhauled it dramatically in imperial Settlers & the new "master set". Don't buy the original game - it's Bad.

yayaba

Any other Pathfinder: ACG fans in here? I know the game gets a terrible rep online but for some reason I just can't stop playing it. I jumped into Mummy's Mask to start since I heard Rise was too easy, Skull unpopular, and Wrath too hard. So far I'm loving it, taking a party of 3. On the 2nd Adventure Deck now so still got a ways to go.

For some reason I'm able to look past the semi-simplistic, on-rails gameplay and still have way too much fun flipping cards from locations, playing cards to help my characters out, and rolling a handful of dice to see if my checks pass.

It's a vastly simpler game than my other solo game of choice, LOTR but I think sometimes I just want to play a more mindless game and Pathfinder so far scratches that itch.

You should start it. I've got a design I've been thinking about and slowly piecing together for a couple years. Sometimes an idea will hit me and I'll go running with it, but when I hit a wall it stops me on my tracks.

Picked up a copy of the base rory's story cubes today at work. Plan to use them with my autistic cousin next time he visits seems like a good activty/game for him.

You should start it. I've got a design I've been thinking about and slowly piecing together for a couple years. Sometimes an idea will hit me and I'll go running with it, but when I hit a wall it stops me on my tracks.

Once things slow down for me sometime next week I'll throw a OT together.

I like the help from r/tabletopgamedesign/ but I'd rather talk with a more regular group of designers, regardless of experience.

Something like the Indie Game Dev thread on GAF but for tabletop would be great. Been doing mostly video game dev work, but want to dive more into tabletop.

Backed argent...
Ow.. what's the next thing in kickstarter tabletop game?
I missed gloomhaven and I feel like an idiot yet, so I backed founder of gloomhaven without a second thought...
I missed massive darkness as well, ffs ;_; no more missed kickstarter!

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Backed argent...
I missed gloomhaven and I feel like an idiot yet, so I backed founder of gloomhaven without a second thought...

Argent is a great game. Wildly varied and replayable worker placement. I don't think there are any big name KS up as of now.

XShagrath

Backed argent...

7th Continent is doing its second printing KS in late September, if that interests you.

KJ869

Blizzard

Banned
nusfjord_contentwmjzu.png

Uwe Rosenberg's latest game is another economy worker placement game. The box art looks gorgeous. Information is only available in German right now, but it sounds like from Google Translate that some sort of share gambling mechanism will be involved in addition to worker mechanics.

If a native speaker would like to translate the second screenshot I'd love to hear more.

http://lookout-spiele.de/2017/08/27/die-neuen-2017-nusfjord/?fref=gc

Finally got a chance to try mtg arena of the planeswalker and while its a fun game, there is zero reason not to play with the both expansions since the base game is waaaay too light on content. I also feel in a 2 player game that map is far too big for what turns into a 7 on 7 battle without vp locations on the map to fight over like battlelore. Maybe the later scenarios have them but I only tried the base game.

Barsinister

Banned
Just finished my first game of Wasteland Express Delivery Service. The game felt a little long despite how little actions/achievements one needs to do. My daughter and I ended up playing over two evenings. The end game was very close, I ended up winning one turn ahead of her. She really likes the new Mad Max movie, so this went over really well with her.

I know someone here worked on this, so great job! I rated it a seven over on BGG.

Ohnonono

nusfjord_contentwmjzu.png

Uwe Rosenberg's latest game is another economy worker placement game. The box art looks gorgeous. Information is only available in German right now, but it sounds like from Google Translate that some sort of share gambling mechanism will be involved in addition to worker mechanics.

If a native speaker would like to translate the second screenshot I'd love to hear more.

http://lookout-spiele.de/2017/08/27/die-neuen-2017-nusfjord/?fref=gc

But he already made A Feast For Odin... The best game ever...

I kid... sorta.

Neverfade

Well, I kinda went whole hog in on AH:LCG. Guess I'll have to mosey on over to that thread and pick up the hot tips.

In related news, CSI has their Path to Carcosa page, updated as recently as this morning, showing a Thursday release but on FFGs page it's still showing on the boat. Is that typical of their LCGs?

sneaky77

Well, I kinda went whole hog in on AH:LCG. Guess I'll have to mosey on over to that thread and pick up the hot tips.

In related news, CSI has their Path to Carcosa page, updated as recently as this morning, showing a Thursday release but on FFGs page it's still showing on the boat. Is that typical of their LCGs?

CSI would have the estimated date, so it may not always be 100% accurate

Experien

I wonder if they are delaying AHLCG a bit because Star Wars stuff comes out this Thursday. Or maybe they will do an avalanche of stuff.

sneaky77

Right. The question is why they would estimate Thursday when the official site still says on the boat. It's not like CSI is some struggling mom and pop kept out of the loop.

Nah, cardhaus had it all in stock. Still should have a few.

Placeholder original estimate from ffg that will be updated when the boat arrives? I dunno man.

Blizzard

Banned
Dinosaur Island is so popular that someone stole their print and play copy on Thursday night of Gencon. What a dick move.

It also sounds like expansion(s) are already planned.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Dinosaur Island is so popular that someone stole their print and play copy on Thursday night of Gencon. What a dick move.

It also sounds like expansion(s) are already planned.

Yea we signed up to play and when we went over there we heard about the theft lol

Top Bottom