• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Costumes, Stage and Music Packs coming to SFV on 9/26

Piccoro

Cammy's stage was truly one of the best stages in II. Awesome music as well.

It sucks that there's SFV maintenance tomorrow, so Europe will only see this new stuff on the 27th.

Chun in Crocs, ewwww.

And that beach costume looks mighty similar to the last one.

Excited for Cammy's stage though, love that stage.

Cammy's SF4 DLC costumes is one of my all time faves.

44e6b7bc67a28025c93cda09104f0498.jpg

I hope there's a button combo to remove the hat

TheOGB

Banned
Going back to that concept art for Akiman's costumes, I kinda wish we got the one up front, but I do really like the Interpol look

Menat must be pretty popular if shes already getting a premium costume a month after release. Dat book!
Menat being DLC bait was preordained. From the moment they showed her Battle Alt it was known.

I remember when Kolin was character. Than Menat showed up stole her thunder with her lewdness.
Kolin had a boring design anyways
She has a lovely winter coat and hat, how dare you

Kolin already got an extra costume on day.

She got the default 3 (regular, story, battle) + an extra (nostalgia).

Non-DLC characters like Birdie, Dhalsim, and Fang just NOW got their 4th costume.

Oh yeah, I tend to forget about the first released nostalgia costumes, seeing that the first ones actually announced came out much later for whatever reason.

MrCarter

WHAT an update! One of the best ones yet in terms of variety. FANG gets a DLC costume? Background music picks AND Cammy’s SF2 stage! Good work Capcom.

Laiza

Seriously, is there some kind of company-wide mandate that Cammy always bare her ass and crotch whenever possible?

I don't get it, man.

mas8705

Can't help but laugh at the Gill outfit. Not that it doesn't look good, but rather how it is almost like a way to say "He isn't going to be playable! So here's Urien doing his best Gill Impression instead!" It was also nice for Capcom to give the Gill outfit a bit more clothing too (although I wouldn't be shocked if it too can be burnt away and leaving Gill in his regular attire instead).

The Other thing I find hilarious is the "Tenacious D" tribute to the Devil. Honestly thought that was actually going to be for Necalli until I was the belt buckle and realized it was Bison.

JayEH

Hopefully these chun costumes in sfv can help fun marvel character dlc as well. Those are definitely going to be a seller. Three at once LOL!

Doll Cammy and Winter Cammy I'll probably buy. I need to see youtube videos to evaluate sex appeal levels first.
School uniform stuff is akin to boring casual wear to me. A lot of people must like that style.
Satan Bison is going to be exciting to see in game. Birdie, Urien and FANG all look great.
Chuns swimsuit doesnt look anywhere near as good as the slave-Leia one she currently has. Flip flops are always going to look ugly/low class. Crocs are bad too. If there is a variant of the Chun sleepwear outfit, it might be ok. It looks very strange right now.
Cammys SF2 stage is my favorite from the old games. Very happy to see that made it to SFV. I think Capcom will do a nice job on it.

Halloween costumes look pretty good. I like the Birdie Leatherface-lookin' one, especially.

The Cammy Bison Doll costume looks pretty good, too.

Ed's new costume looks straight out of Persona, lmao.

All these school costumes look decent but they bore me to tears. The character selection for the Halloween costumes kinda seems like they're releasing the ones they didn't finish in time for last year...

Regardless, what appears to be a remake of Cammy's stage should be cool. And the music packs should be very cool too - provided they don't cause additional load times like in Tekken. =P

BlizzKrut

Banned
Urien's awesome, glad other characters are getting some costumes too, Chun-Li getting a shitload of costumes is just a meme now.

I can't wait to see the stage though, surprised they didn't show it in the blog post.

Urien's awesome, glad other characters are getting some costumes too, Chun-Li getting a shitload of costumes is just a meme now.

I can't wait to see the stage though, surprised they didn't show it in the blog post.
That's the biggest headscrather. I'm sure it would look stunning in UE4

Seiniyta

I really wonder if at this point it wouldn't be more lucrative to make SFV's base game completely free and have it just be monetized through the costumes/characters/music packs/stages

LakeEarth

Cool that Dhalsim, FANG and Birdie finally got a new costume. Now Balrog is left of season 1 characters without any new costumes since their launch.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I really wonder if at this point it wouldn't be more lucrative to make SFV's base game completely free and have it just be monetized through the costumes/characters/music packs/stages
The base game is 16 characters. A lot of people could enjoy that forever without spending a cent. Might be too generous for a F2P model.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
They'd rework the base game to make sense for f2p. I doubt they'd release it f2p and keep the base roster free.
I could definitely see this happening down the road. However if the Super SFV rumours are true, Capcom aren't ready to give up the traditional retail model just yet.

Top Bottom