• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Costumes, Stage and Music Packs coming to SFV on 9/26

Derenden

Neo Member
Dat Bison shiiiit

giphy.gif

More like
tumblr_nrq3bosS9a1rawb5do1_500.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Really, Chun has an additional 3 costumes? Is this a troll or do they really make the money off the girls, particularly Chun li?

I mean, of course they make money off the girls, but I almost never see Chuns online so it's surprising she gets dozens of new outfits every week. Maybe the purchase rate among Chun players is extremely high.

I hope there's a Steam sale soon. I've been wanting to grab some of that DLC.

Individual DLC items have never, to my knowledge, been discounted in any way.

Allforce

I mean, of course they make money off the girls, but I almost never see Chuns online so it's surprising she gets dozens of new outfits every week. Maybe the purchase rate among Chun players is extremely high.

Individual DLC items have never, to my knowledge, been discounted in any way.

The 2016 Summer Outfits are on sale now for 9 bucks (normally 12). They reduced the Battle Outfit pack to like 15 bucks a few weeks ago during a weekly sale (that's when I bought it). I think all the Season 1 Battle Outfits are now permanently 2.99 instead of 3.99.

So there's precedent but I don't think they've ever dropped any individual premium costumes in price individually outside of the this Summer Outfit pack that just happened last week. So maybe more are coming.

kikiribu

DOTA gives 110 characters away for free and that's working pretty great for Valve.
Fighting game characters are crazy expensive to make. For example, a single Skullgirls character costs $200,000-250,000 to make. You think that’s a lot? Well, I think there were some rumors that Street Fighter 4 characters cost over $1,000,000 to make? SF5 should be more considering the increase in quality (if that’s how that works).

If anyone has official numbers that’d be nice.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Oops. I meant the game itself not the extra DLC.
Ah that's a different story. You should be able to pick up the 2017 Deluxe edition (game plus both season passes) for under $60.

Although if you've waited this long you might want to wait until the end of the year to see if they announce a new retail package that includes more content for the same or less money.

Gren

Can't buy the music packs with FM it seems? I'm gonna pass until they give us the option to select tracks on a stage-by-stage basis. I'm already conflicted between certain character & stage OSTs as it it is.

With Urien's costume they actually did what I always thought they should've; to accessorize the brothers a bit. They could even keep the thong, the cape and sandals provide a nice enough contrast.

Raitaro

That Gill costume kinda kills my interest in SFV going forward in terms of it getting a follow-up cinematic story mode. I was hoping they'd use the rumored Super release to give us chapter 2 that would bring the timeline up to SFIII and Alex' conflict with Gill. As some have pointed out, previous hommage costumes in older games usually meant that the character being hommaged will not get added, so that would suck for me I guess.

Assuming that Urien's 3S stage is next (as per X-Kira's datamining), I kinda have high expectations for that after seeing Cammy's SSFII stage done justice.

I actually came to complain about yet another SFII remake stage being added (even if it is a nice looking one) until I saw this posted. Pray tell, did any other stages get datamined and are those also not from SFII?

I'd really love to see some more stages from all three versions of SFIII, personally. That or more original stages for the newcomers like Menat.

MrCarter

Geez what have they done to Chun with those costumes lol.

I like her look in MvC:I now more than SFV.

What? MvCi Chun is one of the worst Chun Li models I have seen. Even after they fixed the hatchet job they did on her face her body still looks out of proportion. Yuck.

Ryce

That Gill costume kinda kills my interest in SFV going forward in terms of it getting a follow-up cinematic story mode. I was hoping they'd use the rumored Super release to give us chapter 2 that would bring the timeline up to SFIII and Alex' conflict with Gill. As some have pointed out, previous hommage costumes in older games usually meant that the character being hommaged will not get added, so that would suck for me I guess.
It was always pretty unrealistic to expect another story mode. It would be ridiculously expensive and time/resource consuming, and there'd likely be little payoff on Capcom's end.

jonathanp

I've been out the loop on the DLC model for this game...

So is all this stuff purchasable with Fight Money or I'd have to shell out cash for something?

Blueblur1

SFV Chun-Li is clearly better than MvCI Chun-Li. It’s not even close.

And the models in SFV are fantastic. They’re not 100% perfect; they’ve got small issues here and there but they still are great. They’re a big improvement over SFIV’s models.

The models in the game are generally great - except for the giant hands and feet on the girls. I think Laura (in particular) would look a lot better, if they were smaller.

Ryce

The Interpol costume is nice, but those Akiman vacation and sleepwear costumes shouldn't exist. The super redundant vacation costume barely looks different from her previous swimsuit, and nobody in the history of humankind has ever worn sleepwear even remotely resembling that abomination. I'd have rather seen two more Halloween costumes, like black cat Menat and Sasquatch Abigail.

Renkax

Isn't there rumors of a Arcade version of this game coming with fixed graphics ? Been out of the loop 😢

Ryce

This is a really minor nitpick, but it would make more sense if the poison in F.A.N.G's syringes was purple.

Top Bottom