• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crash Bandicoot design spotted at Vicarious Visions office

NSMB is tired beyond belief. Rayman was a nice addition, both on console, Vita, and even the iPad game. More entries from other people, even Crash, would be welcomed. Agreed about Banjo. Microsoft has neglected him in a terrible terrible way.

Well, they re-released the first two games, and then made a new game that was exactly what Rare wanted to make and was fucking awesome, if for totally different reasons than the originals. That's pretty respectful, really- better than what Perfect Dark and Conker got.

They could have mined out the series to some z-tier developer and made tons of naff Banjo sequels.

Fox Mulder

I dream of Sony saying "fuck it" and buying back the rights. This kinda puts a bullet in that dream once again.

well it seemed like something was up when Sony couldn't get Crash for their smash brothers clone. Activision uses Spyro for skylanders and Crash seemed like an obvious addition at some point too. I doubt they'd just release another Crash game out of nowhere first.

If there is a new one coming, he should look as close to this as possible:
Sbva7.jpg

Or maybe without the goggles, just oldschool Japanese Crash:
dpHvl.jpg

And this one is pretty great because he looks demented
IG2WW.jpg

But really, there's no coming back from this. I haven't played any of the games since #2, and looking at some of these later games makes me puke.

There's also DKCR, Kirby and eventually a new 3D Mario.

I'm down for all that except for Kirby. Those games do nothing for me.

Now I wish Sony would give the first Crash trilogy the HD remake treatment, and I despise HD remakes. Ditto for Kart.

KAL2006

Banned
I wonder if a proper Crash game would sell. Why doesn't Activition go for a sequel that gets back the old fans. Call it Crash Bandicoot 4 and make it like the original trilogy.

Tizoc

^Not everyone owns a 360 though @3@

I wonder if a proper Crash game would sell. Why doesn't Activition go for a sequel that gets back the old fans. Call it Crash Bandicoot 4 and make it like the original trilogy.

In this current gen, I find these types of games work well as digital downloads.

Reversed

Now he has a golden buckle and Mickey Mouse gloves.

Me like. :) I was missing that artistic freedom we had from Naughty Dog.

Kayo-kun

Crash Bandicoot was my first game on PSX and my favourite franchise back when I just got the platform. That cancelled Crash game looked decent, I wish I'll be able to play one more great Crash game like 1-3 in my lifetime. Oh I even loved CTR.

jonno394

Epic 70's moustache and haircut.

This Crash looks like he could have his own obnoxious yet entertaining TV show.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Are we sure this is a new design and not just a previously existing special poster design?
Yeah, VV has made like five Crash games before, and that rock art is from a cancelled game. I'm unconvinced this is something new, rather than something that has been there from years.

AFAIK Vicarious Visions is purely a Skylanders support studio, leading side projects for web and iOS.

I wish VV could make another game in the vein of their Spyro/Spider-Man/Wolverine portable games, those were pretty good for what they were. Decent side-scrolling action games, kinda like a low-rent Dust.

Maybe do that with Skylanders? Hell, it'd be more interesting than the console games.

Tagg9

Definitely looks like Skylanders style. Still, I don't really care what style it is as long as we get more Crash Bandicoot.

What I would give for a CTR hd remake with online...

I would kill you and many more people for it. I spent so much time playing CTR as a kid.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Looks shit.

Why did the ever fuck with the oringial design? It was perfect.

I wish they would stop raping my childhood.

Top Bottom