• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crash Bandicoot design spotted at Vicarious Visions office

Werehog.png

V_Ben

Banned
The weird craftwork aspect of the logo... Are we getting little big bandicoot? His platform has buttons on it, and the logo looks vaguely cardboard. Either that or we're getting a kind of crazy visual style.

fernoca

Ineteresting. Though I kinda wonder if it's one of the canned Crash Bandicoot games.

The poster to the right printed by the same printer and seems to be from a Guitar Hero of sorts (and they were working on a reboot before it was cancelled). [unless is from an already released GH game that I'm not aware of].

There's a third poster, too but only shows a foot and 2 characters.

Lijik

Definitely has a Fleischer Cartoon meets Vinyl toy aesthetic to it, i dig it.
Was the 3DS version of Skylanders any good? That one was supposed to be a more standard 3D platformer.

V_Ben

Banned
I would laugh if that crash was redesigned to be in PSABR and somehow got leaked in the picture. :p

It would not surprise me if this was the reason he isn't in all stars. But, it also wouldn't surprise me if he arrived in the game once this is announced.

fernoca

Was the 3DS version of Skylanders any good? That one was supposed to be a more standard 3D platformer.
Yeah. It was short, but played more like...Crash actually. Since it was a platformer and you usually followed a long path; couldn't rotate the camera neither. :p

ffdgh

No no no no God no.

They can go back to the tribal look or even better the original look if they must but don't use that ugly abomiation.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
They use Dell Precision T3400 or T3500. Next gen weak sauce confirmed.

Those PCs are basically equivalent to 2007 consumer desktops. And if you open those things up, I kid you not...the motherboard is 2/3 empty silicon. No wonder people are moving to Apple with Dell selling ancient CPUs at higher prices than a macbook air.

Depressing office.

Yep. They appear to be in a scrum meeting, which is fine. But the work environment is an introverts nightmare. No concentration to code, so open. Gotta call the misses? Everyone fucking hears.

noodalls

People wonder why games are so grey and drab, perhaps it's because that's the game designer's favourite colour.

Not much variation in T-shirt colour

SykoTech

Those arms. Just why?

As much as I (used to) love Crash, I'm glad both him and Spyro didn't make it into PlayStation All-Stars. Because it would have been one of these abominations rather than their original designs. This isn't quite as bad as Skylanders Spyro, but still...

Just use his Classic design. Or at the very least, his Twinsanity look.

Top Bottom