• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 launches on January 2017 (JP) - New Trailer

wamberz1

This dude is enormous

r5AXXoP.jpg

He's so fucking dead

Rich!

Hopefully western release includes steam :O.

Also, did they change monokumas voice? sounds different

Original monokuma VA is in her 80s and has advanced dementia. She had to retire.

New VA is tarako. She's a really good fit imo...the intro to last week's DR3 Future episode sold me on her as VA. The upupupupupupupu is sufficiently good.

In any case, it would be very hard to be worse than the horrendous USA monokuma, dear god.

selo

Good ol' Kuma's old VA has dementia and has such has had to retire. :(

Original monokuma VA is in her 80s and has advanced dementia. She had to retire.

New VA is tarako. She's a really good fit imo...the intro to last week's DR3 Future episode sold me on her as VA. The upupupupupupupu is sufficiently good.

In any case, it would be very hard to be worse than the horrendous USA monokuma, dear god.

OOHhh, I had not heard of that, that's pretty sad for the lady :(

Opa-Pa

Neat. I'm not in a hurry for new DR content since I'm enjoying the current anime, I really don't think this will take as long as UDG to get localized tho, those were special cases where NISA was catching up with the series so they had to make them staggered releases to not overwhelm their audience. I'm expecting it to take as long as your average mainline Disgaea I guess.

Female main protagonist is a pleasant surprise too, I hope that along with this being a soft reboot it means the series will "grow up" a bit and leave out of place fan servicey scenes behind.

Looks good! To compliment the female MC, Im guessing the robot guy will be the other 'main' character.

That'd be a pretty cool duo, I'm all for it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So they showed Danganronpa V3 in a montage between some VR games. Any official confirmations that this game will be PS VR compatible?

Hektor

Åesop;216868630 said:
So they showed Danganronpa V3 in a montage between some VR games. Any official confirmations that this game will be PS VR compatible?

Don't know what montage you're talking about, but they're currently working on a Danganronpa VR project called, well, Danganronpa VR. Could that might have been it?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know what montage you're talking about, but they're currently working on a Danganronpa VR project called, well, Danganronpa VR. Could that might have been it?

It was a montage during Sony's TGS conference. Maybe that was just the VR project..

Åesop;216868630 said:

I think the Danganronpa VR game they showed is just a "tech demo"(think Batman/Star Wars experiences that is coming out) thing. Because it seems to feature characters from the first game.

Razmos

Witch girl is the best.

I'm not really getting Ultimate ------- from any of their designs though, I wonder if it's different this time.

Witch girl is the best.

I'm not really getting Ultimate ------- from any of their designs though, I wonder if it's different this time.

Wasn't this new high school (speculation/3rd party info?)
a high school for criminals? I feel like we'll get to know the students for their crime. "Ultimate Arsonist" or something, for example.

Personally, I think the designs of this cast are by far the weakest of the 1, 2, V3 games. I'm not seeing very many awesome stand-outs like Gundam or Sakura.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm liking this game's designs the most actually.

I hope the shirtless girl and the short dude with the face live.

I'm liking this game's designs the most actually.

Same. The character in the pink Mad Max: Fury Road outfit, the maid with the spiderweb design on her dress, the cyborg, and the soldier (far left in the cast image from Famitsu) are my some of my favorite Danganronpa designs. I wasn't a very big fan of the designs 2 or 3 had to offer, apart from Nagito's, but V3's are already pretty promising.

famitsu confirms that ultimate talents are intact for this game btw

i'll try to sweep through and see if there's any other standout info when i get the chance

Namikaze

I honestly don't like any of the new character designs besides the darker skinned girl. Everyone else looks extremely similar the characters from the first three games with different hair/outfits. I'm sure some of them will grow on me during the course of the game, though.

I wonder if we can expect anything new on this by the end of the Danganronpa 3 anime? New footage would be cool.
Do we usually know about localization before or after the release in Japan?
Considering this releases on January, and all major gaming expos have come and gone (if I am not mistaken) I don't see any localization info to come before Japan launch. But I expect NISA to be faster this time around, as they don't have to spread the releases anymore, or maybe Spike Chunsoft themselves would handle the localization if a Steam port happens - I don't see them the American office tackling the platform holders right now.

so the "monokumas" are a group of 5 robots who call themselves monokuma's children and are helping out with managing the killing game. their leader, and the only one revealed so far, is monotarou, the red and white monokuma wearing a scarf.

I wonder if we can expect anything new on this by the end of the Danganronpa 3 anime? New footage would be cool.

Considering this releases on January, and all major gaming expos have come and gone (if I am not mistaken) I don't see any localization info to come before Japan launch. But I expect NISA to be faster this time around, as they don't have to spread the releases anymore, or maybe Spike Chunsoft themselves would handle the localization if a Steam port happens - I don't see them the American office tackling the platform holders right now.

NISA did mention in their last newsletter, they will be at Tokyo Game Show and they will have some announcements to make.

I feel this is quite too soon for them but hey, gotta have hope!

I just love all of these designs. While less distinctive compared to the outfits of DR1 and DR2, I do like that they are a bit more grounded- goes well with the darker visual one of the game if you ask me.

Also spooky that that short beanie dude has full-on black eyes... (First for a DR character, no?)

If ultimates are still in, maybe its based on the crime.

Ultimate Murderer, Ultimate Arsonist, Ultimate Thief...hell even Ultimate Rapist but Kodaka would have to be extremely careful on that one after Ultra Despair Girls for it to not suck

famitsu confirms that ultimate talents are intact for this game btw

i'll try to sweep through and see if there's any other standout info when i get the chance

Nice. I wasn't 100% sure as it's not HPA, but I think the Talents are a neat thing for all the characters to have. We know they're in a Prison School, so I wonder if they'll be a bit darker this time around.

A Steam port is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point. Only question is whether or not it'll be simultaneous with the ps4/vita versions.

As for the speed at which they do this, I'm still expecting 7-12 months. They've always stressed how long it took them to do the DR games, and I don't expect this to be much different than UDG. Would love it if they did have a quicker turnaround time.

NISA did mention in their last newsletter, they will be at Tokyo Game Show and they will have some announcements to make.

I feel this is quite too soon for them but hey, gotta have hope!

They announced God Wars, but nothing else yet. I would love an announcement now, but I'm sort of expecting them to wait until their February press conference.

Top Bottom