• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dante's Inferno Preview, Screenshots

RavenFox

Banned
It's a new ip. These are early screens. Dead Space was frowned upon at first. I'll give this game hope and hope for the best. I'll be waiting for improvements EA.

RavenFox said:
It's a new ip. These are early screens. Dead Space was frowned upon at first. I'll give this game hope and hope for the best. I'll be waiting for improvements EA.
But the reason Dead Space was frowned upon (well, by me, at least) was because of the stupidity surrounding its reveal (Game Informer's cover story talking about how the game was being made by "a renegade team at EA" and all that jazz). Once they started showing more of the game, it started looking better and better. Inferno, to me at least, continues to reinforce that it's a tonal and design abortion, and the fact that it doesn't look so great doesn't help matters either.

Kydd BlaZe

RavenFox said:
I wouldnt say that Dead Space was frowned upon in the least, in regards to the way it looked at its reveal. The game had always showed a bit of promise. Much of the hate came from the fact that no one had confidence in EA to put out a quality title.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
EA should listen to its best artists, if it can figure who they are to begin with, in order to get input from them before showing a new IP.

I don't blame the people working on Dante though, this is a result of management. Don't be too hard on the team, EA should know better.

I AM JOHN! said:
But the reason Dead Space was frowned upon (well, by me, at least) was because of the stupidity surrounding its reveal (Game Informer's cover story talking about how the game was being made by "a renegade team at EA" and all that jazz). Once they started showing more of the game, it started looking better and better. Inferno, to me at least, continues to reinforce that it's a tonal and design abortion, and the fact that it doesn't look so great doesn't help matters either.

Wasn't it only near the game release that Dead Space and the 1up Team started to hype the game (Matt, on the 1up show, for example)?

I guess hands on a near final build of this will be a better example of what to expect.

sol_bad

I AM JOHN! said:

At first I had no interest in Dead Space .... and I never had any idea about that Game Informer reveal. I just wasn't interested because it was EA attempting to do survival horror.
But you know what? I learnt my lesson because Dead Space ended up being my GOTY last year.The dev studio has earned my respect and I eagerly anticipate Dante's Inferno. For starters we still don't know how this game animates and the article seems to praise that side of things. Just like Dead Rising didn't look great in screenshots, Dante's Inferno doesn't look great in screenshots.

I am betting Dante's Inferno will look great in motion.

Epcott

Whaaaaaa?

Dante had a long gold scythe in the book? I'm only up to Inferno V, and all he's really done is weep, feel sorry for others and annoy Virgil with dumb questions.

If he's this bad ass in the book as he is in the pictures, I'll press on! :lol

Epcott said:
Whaaaaaa?

Dante had a long gold scythe in the book? I'm only up to Inferno V, and all he's really done is weep, feel sorry for others and annoy Virgil with dumb questions.

If he's this bad ass in the book as he is in the pictures, I'll press on! :lol

Oh god, here we go again.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
It's going to look better than that, right? I'm still hopeful about this game. I poo poo'd Dead Space until it came out, and now I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

codecow

I AM JOHN! said:

BTW I am totally renegade (this opinion not approved by EA and represents my own personal thinking).

Dead Space really caught my attention with the *Twinkle trailer (or was it Twilight?) - anyway, I agree that the only reason Dead Space was remotely frowned upon was because the majority of people were unsure of EA and it's competency in delivering a quality horror title. I absolutely can't get over the fact that this game is a rip of God of War - I won't discredit it completely, but the fact that Dante has a similar tattoo/scar as Kratos really irks me...

JDSN

Banned
I can see how our creative gaming journalists will review this "Abandon all your hope, ye who buy this thing"

Zachack

Spiegel said:
200942418517_2.jpg
When I was young I probably entertained, at some point, the thought "Does Dirk the Daring eventually go to Heaven or Hell if he can't rescue Princess Daphne from the clutches of Singe the Dragon?"

Now I know.

Hmm, is it just me, or have these action games struggled to have the same visual impact they had last gen? Even GoW3 doesn't look too impressive to me at the moment.

I'm sure this will shape up by the time it gets closer to release though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Poimandres said:
Hmm, is it just me, or have these action games struggled to have the same visual impact they had last gen? Even GoW3 doesn't look too impressive to me at the moment.

I'm sure this will shape up by the time it gets closer to release though.

Gotta make sacrifices to have 60 fps locked.

KTallguy

Banned
Character design is really boring.

It's like the complete antithesis of Bayonetta.

Not that I think Bayonetta's designs are a gift from god, they're like, super busy.
These characters are just ... there.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't get it. Why did they bother using Dante's Inferno at all? They could have just made up their own gothic universe that didn't completely insult and enrage literature nerds.

Sinatar said:
Gotta make sacrifices to have 60 fps locked.

True enough!

This is one genre where those extra frames really make a difference. Actually, the fact that they are aiming for 60fps here gives me hope that the development team has their priorities sorted.

codecow

lupinko said:
Dead Space Extraction isn't even made by EA Redwood. :lol

It's made by Eurocom. =P

You should check your facts, there are quite a few folks from EA Redwood working on it as well.

Flachmatuch said:
Sorry but this only gets worse with every new bit of information. Just because these assholes keep pushing out their shit (and bad looking shit to that) doesn't mean that this thing is somehow becoming less disgusting. At least the Fallujah idiocy was cancelled though.
well . . . that is their job, right?

Littleberu said:
Oh god, here we go again.

More shitty screenshots and eurogamer specials will not magically turn this abomination into something not completely offensive.

RavenFox said:

I think the "IP" is about 700 years old.

Looking more God of War than Dead Space which I'm personally not really into. I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt until its released.

Almost 4 years later and a launch 360 game(Kameo) still has the best textures. WTF!
I'm just looking at the ground textures. Ouch!
Could still be a decent game. As a 360 only gamer I'll keep an eye on it.

FFChris

RavenFox said:

Gaf didn't like it initially because of PR trying to relate it to the book, then the crappy character design. Now the hivemind is set, and every thread made on this game up until release will contain the same hate as this one does.

Personally, I don't think it looks as bad as everyone is making out.

Top Bottom