• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

Corgi

Banned
been wondering why this thread keeps being in the front page... now I know.

I shouldn't be here during work... hmmmm.

Eolz

Really liking her more with her japanese voice, but that's not really surprising.
Also, I remember the SK collaboration being teased as just a costume exchange in both games (like Kasumi=Asuka, Marie=Mirai, Rachel=Daidoji, etc).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also, I remember the SK collaboration being teased as just a costume exchange in both games (like Kasumi=Asuka, Marie=Mirai, Rachel=Daidoji, etc).

I thought they told us we need to look at the "focus" of both games to figure out the collaboration. I didn't know the teased anything in more detail.

No way, not Griffon. I hope another manufacturer gets the license.

I got the one for Kasumi and it looks amazing, but its the first statuette ive ever bought so I dont know much about them. I want to get the Katsuragi one from Senran Kagura coming out in February too. I think that one is also by Griffon.

How come she has some of Brad Wang's moves.

Shes a Mokujin style character.

I thought they told us we need to look at the "focus" of both games to figure out the collaboration. I didn't know the teased anything in more detail.

If Tom Lee is at Winter Brawl again ill ask him about it. I got a picture with him when I went to Summer Jam when they announced Last Round for PS4.

antibolo

Banned
The 3D fighting games sure are working hard at alienating their western audiences these days.

If Virtua Fighter were still an active franchise, I wonder what kind of cutesy girl they would add to their roster today.

Last Round will actually be the last version of DoA5, right?

Like, there won't be a DoA5 Sudden Death

I have vanilla from when it first came out, and Plus when it was free on PS+

raven777

That would be better. The only problem with her is this mokujin fighting style...

I don't know why everyone is saying she is mokujin....she is not.

She has few movesets from each different characters in her own. As far as I know, Mokujin copies one character completely each round, but Honoka is not like that. She is more like Dural from VF from the look of it.

I bought 5, 5U and no longer having a PS3 (or a PS4) my only option would be to get Last Round on PC.

And to be honest, I don't know if I want to buy it a 3rd time. Luckily at least Last Round is a patch on PS3/360 (at least I think it was.)

from the character description it seems she has her original moves as well with original stance.

Oh, I guess I missed that.

She has few movesets from each different characters in her own. As far as I know, Mokujin copies one character completely each round, but Honoka is not like that. She is more like Dural from VF from the look of it.

That's who I was thinking of. I haven't played VF in a long time. Mokujin was the only "same moveset" kind of character in my mind so I used that. Dural is for sure closer.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Hayashi said that they want to move onto the next stage after LR is done. I can only assume this is the last iteration

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I got the one for Kasumi and it looks amazing, but its the first statuette ive ever bought so I dont know much about them. I want to get the Katsuragi one from Senran Kagura coming out in February too. I think that one is also by Griffon.

Griffon has a reputation and they're generally not as high quality as a lot of other manufacturers for the same price. Oftentimes their prototypes don't measure up to the final products.

In my opinion, you're better off getting something like PHAT's Katsuragi:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144273

If Tom Lee is at Winter Brawl again ill ask him about it. I got a picture with him when I went to Summer Jam when they announced Last Round for PS4.

I'd definitely like clarification on it if possible.

Eolz

Hayashi said that they want to move onto the next stage after LR is done. I can only assume this is the last iteration

Yeah, it looks like it's mainly there to make the fanbase transition to newer consoles (and attract new players) before finally showing a new engine and new features in DOA6 (and other games before that).

Griffon has a reputation and they're generally not as high quality as a lot of other manufacturers for the same price. Oftentimes their prototypes don't measure up to the final products.

In my opinion, you're better off getting something like PHAT's Katsuragi:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144273

I'd definitely like clarification on it if possible.

I was looking at that one as well. Shes my favorite character from SK so far. Shinovi Versus was my first game in the SK series but I bought the manga and the series on Blu-ray. Ill probably just end up getting them all eventually, but they're so much money..

JordanN

Banned

After they introduced the new character, the proportions look weird to me.

For example, either Kasumi now looks like a giant, or Honoka is incredibly tiny.

irNulYDKPxuh5.png

I bought 5, 5U and no longer having a PS3 (or a PS4) my only option would be to get Last Round on PC.

And to be honest, I don't know if I want to buy it a 3rd time. Luckily at least Last Round is a patch on PS3/360 (at least I think it was.)

Oh, I guess I missed that.

That's who I was thinking of. I haven't played VF in a long time. Mokujin was the only "same moveset" kind of character in my mind so I used that. Dural is for sure closer.
Ogre (also from Tekken) would have been a good comparison.

antibolo

Banned

Or Double in Skullgirls.

The 3D fighting games sure are working hard at alienating their western audiences these days.

If Virtua Fighter were still an active franchise, I wonder what kind of cutesy girl they would add to their roster today.

Eileen is VF's "cutesy" girl. And she's awesome.

StayDead

Considering the reception here has been good and mostly good in other threads most of the time I'd say they're doing the opposite.

Durante

Setsuka, Taki, and Sophitia's playstyle are still in the game. Hwang was cut in SC4. Yun Seong and Seung-Mina weren't popular. Zasalamel and Talim didn't fit into the game with the changes that were made to the game engine.
That may well be the case, but I still won't buy any SC which doesn't have either Seung-Mina or Talim. They are the only characters I ever used.

/OT whining

BasilZero

apparently everything alienates the west...even pandering to the west alienates the west.
I am alienated by this alienation.

alienate errday

Story of the interwebz :(

I can't believe they are still planning to release more Dlc even after this game is released if what they say about the PS3 and Xbox 360 limitations is true.

I say bring it on!

Story of the interwebz :(

I can't believe they are still planning to release more Dlc even after this game is released if what they say about the PS3 and Xbox 360 limitations is true.

I say bring it on!

It's a smart move if you think about it. Notifying their player base now that there are technical limitations with PS3 / Xbox surely means no cross-gen Dead or Alive 6 / Xtreme Beach 3.

XTREME BEACH 3..... DESIGNED ON PS4..... MY NOSE IS ALREADY BLEEDING... :l

current western sensitivies in gaming media at least

you can bet kotaku will put their best men on this case

I wonder if this is just about cute character or sexy characters. Because the ultimate reward in MK9 was unlocking a costume for Mileena that's just a couple of straps to cover her.

Razzorn34

I wonder if this is just about cute character or sexy characters. Because the ultimate reward in MK9 was unlocking a costume for Mileena that's just a couple of straps to cover her.

It's more about anything cute or anime looking, than just anything sexy. There is still a social stigma around the mannerisms and artstyle, that many people just won't let go of.

Wow to new character Honoka, they never fail to deliver the eye candy. Still haven't gotten to DOA5 in any form as I've been waiting to see when best to jump in with the constant iterations. Will be finally catching up with Last Round I assume...after I decide on which platform (almost did on Black Friday, but still haven't committed to Xbox One or PS4).

It's more about anything cute or anime looking, than just anything sexy. There is still a social stigma around the mannerisms and artstyle, that many people just won't let go of.

It just doesn't really make sense when you consider that Tekken 3 is still the best selling 3D fighter ever and it's the game that introduced Tekken's first "cutesy" character, Xiaoyu. So it's not even like it's some new concept to fighters.

I thought that was supposed to a be a joke.

Mileena is like the pin-up girl of the MK series...until you remember that she's a monster with 3-inch-long fangs.

That may have been it. But my point was that if it was about sexy looks to the characters then MK was no stranger to that. Even if you exclude Mileena's alt, you still have Skarlet and basically any other female character in the game.

ShinMaruku

Is that me or does she also have the biggest posterior besides the biggest chest?
WOW the perfect girl! :p
Nyo Tengu's aka mrs Kstoute has the biggest ass by far, she has an ass.

Lots of miss info on Hokona she has her style mixed with other characters making her a tag beast.

Top Bottom