• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny TV commercial

Ascenion

Sony really pushing Destiny to make it seem it's PS4 only (at least I think that's how the average Joe would perceive it)

I dunno about that. I'd assume Destiny => Bungie => Halo => Xbox. It might be perceived as PS only at first but given how savvy with things the average Joe has become a quick Google search (or God forbid Bing) will tell otherwise.

El_Chino

I dunno about that. I'd assume Destiny => Bungie => Halo => Xbox. It might be perceived as PS only at first but given how savvy with things the average Joe has become a quick Google search (or God forbid Bing) will tell otherwise.
True, you could always Google of course but some people just take things at face value.

Loxley

Crazy soon to be having ads for this game.

But Sony and Bungie sure are happy to broadcast this as a PS4 game first and foremost.

To the point that where I would have to think that they'll likely have some sort of Destiny + PS4 bundle when the game launches. If and when that happens, that's when I'll be picking one up.

NastyBook

That advert was rubbish. Sony's marketing of 3rd party games is not good.
Considering that most high profile third party games get more than enough advertising done for them from their publishers, should it really matter? Should Sony step their game up when it comes to advertising titles like Call of Duty?

It seems veeery early to be advertising Destiny.

If they're trying to push the game, everyone will have forgotten about it by the time it comes out.

If they're trying to push the system... advertising a game that won't be out for several more months is a bit misleading, no? Plus, it's a cross-gen game, you don't need a PS4 to play it... I guess that can be said for a lot of things, but I still don't really get it. :/

Considering that most high profile third party games get more than enough advertising done for them from their publishers, should it really matter? Should Sony step their game up when it comes to advertising titles like Call of Duty?

It matters to some degree. If it didn't matter then they wouldn't bother doing it.

I means it's a new IP and they're running adverts showing you that you can share videos. A great feature you can use for a game you know nothing about. Don't really see the point in that.

Mikey Jr.

Give me DAT BETA.

I gotta say, all this 2014 shit is pretty sweet. Infamous, watch dogs, destiny, batman, witcher.

My God, if these are the only games coming out, then I'll be a happy camper.

People sure love to get riled up.

It's a good enough trailer, suprised they didn't play up more of the space angle considering the broadcast time.

RdN

Activision is in bed with Sony for Destiny much like it's in bed with Microsoft for Call of Duty.

That's well known for a long time.

For Bungie, this works extremely well. The Xbox audience is already pretty familiar with their games and style, so it makes sense for the big marketing push to go to Sony's console.

The only thing that I've noticed, being an active member of Bungie.net, is that Xbox owners are really disappointed on the exclusive content for the PS3/4. There's a sense of betrayal, which I can somewhat understand, but Bungie seems oblivious to it, since it won't affect sales.

Activision is in bed with Sony for Destiny much like it's in bed with Microsoft for Call of Duty.

For Bungie, this works extremely well. The Xbox audience is already pretty familiar with their games and style, so it makes sense for the big marketing push to go to Sony's console.

The only thing that I've noticed, being an active member of Bungie.net, is that Xbox owners are really disappointed on the exclusive content for the PS3/4. There's a sense of betrayal, which I can somewhat understand, but Bungie seems oblivious to it, since it won't affect sales.
I'm pretty sure that DLC will be something unimportant.

Pop

I'll be doing a lot of sharing when I'm playing Destiny, that's for sure. Great little ads Sony has been putting out showcasing the social side of gaming with friends.

Sony knows Destiny will move many of units come September. Destiny will be best showcased on the Ps4.

RdN

I'm pretty sure that DLC will be something unimportant.

This exclusive content usually is, but that's not really the point that people are arguing about at B.net. They fell like they deserved the exclusive content for supporting Bungie all this years.

This exclusive content usually is, but that's not really the point that people are arguing about at B.net. They fell like they deserved the exclusive content for supporting Bungie all this years.

Yeah, I get what they're saying. I've been a Bungie fan since the first Halo and I too feel it's a little bit unfair for Xbox owners. But like I said, must be unimportant.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Hah, and no real bothers given I bet. It's nice to see PS getting some of this "exclusive content" that Xbox owners have been so enjoying in the last gen.

EL CUCO

KNl3YSa.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What the HELL is with the music. Terrible choice, even if it fits the sharing theme.

I wonder what the reaction would be if they announced they were making a PS4 exclusive. The betrayal comment is interesting though because Insomniac, long time PlayStation only developer, is making an Xbox One exclusive. Though that was met with apathy for the most part because of their recent output being worse than their earlier stuff.

Amir0x

Banned
its a marketing deal and has nothing to do with MS. MS already has Destiny sales on lockdown because of Bungie's ties to Halo. I'll be shocked if the Playstation consoles have better Destiny sales then the Xbox consoles.

Well I know at least one person now who is going to very surprised when they see September NPD (I mean we'll even put aside that PS4 Destiny pre-orders currently significantly surpass Xbox One Destiny pre-orders, anything can change)!

Mrbob

These sharing ads are just a way to get word out these games are coming to PS4. You'll get your super serious ads closer to release.

Not sure what you want Bungie to do. Break their agreement with Sony because some Xbox fans feel bad?

after watching it now I get it.

Its a PS4 ad with destiny footage.

So not really a Destiny commercial because the thone of the commercial does not fit the game AT ALL.

Also very low res.

Still after Dark Souls 2 my most hyped 3rd party game of the year

Amir0x

Banned
Not sure what you want Bungie to do. Break their agreement with Sony because some Xbox fans feel bad?

Plus, by all accounts it was Microsoft who drove Bungie away. Blame Microsoft for why Bungie had to start looking elsewhere for partners.

Tobor

its a marketing deal and has nothing to do with MS. MS already has Destiny sales on lockdown because of Bungie's ties to Halo. I'll be shocked if the Playstation consoles have better Destiny sales then the Xbox consoles.

Hahaha. Destiny will sell more on PS4 than Xbone, it's a stone cold lock.

The userbase disparity alone makes it a certainty, and Sony's marketing of the game as a pseudo exclusive is the icing on the cake.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
that commercial is a product unveiling for most people. im surprised that they didnt reach for something a little more epic.

Ascenion

Hahaha. Destiny will sell more on PS4 than Xbone, it's a stone cold lock.

The userbase disparity alone makes it a certainty, and Sony's marketing of the game as a pseudo exclusive is the icing on the cake.
I agree that the PS4 version will outsell the X1 version, but he said consoles and I agree with him that Xbox 360 and One combined will outsell PS3 and 4.

i-Lo

I really hope destiny will run a lot better on ps4. It most likely will from what we have seen of other games.

I just hope it runs stably at 30fps at least.

Also, just may be, the xbone version will edge it out if it runs at a lower resolution. Plus, it may also have AF.

Is this game coming out on PC at launch?

Chettlar

Banned

Isn't it timed exclusive? Thought we had a thread on that.

Well I know at least one person now who is going to very surprised when they see September NPD (I mean we'll even put aside that PS4 Destiny pre-orders currently significantly surpass Xbox One Destiny pre-orders, anything can change)!

do you by chance have a link? even if your source is twitter or something...

Top Bottom