• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Donkey Kong Country Returns Trailer!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Looks stellar, and I've never cared that much about the series.
Collision detecting seem a bit off tho?
Especially the Rambi platforming and hitting the brickwalls.
Hopefully it's just the video, but something felt off, a bit like DCK1 or even DKC2 every time you're riding the animals or doing the minecart platforming.

apana

Donkey Kong Country is really fun, that's why its a classic. Also at the people pointing out some of the flaws, well maybe your memory is hazy because you were a kid back then.

MisterHero

Anasui Kishibe said:
DKC one of the best games of all times?

christ guys, i'm the biggest Nintendo fanboy there is, but come on
i disrespectfully disagree *hitches up pants*

they are well made, even if there are some problems with precise gameplay

to me they are the same annoyances I hold towards the classic Sonic games but that doesn't stop people from enjoying them

You also have to remember the time they were made in. For games that looked, sounded and played as good on a 16-bit system when 32-bit systems (3D0, Jaguar, Saturn) were coming out, DKC was a huge deal.

MisterHero said:
i disrespectfully disagree *hitches up pants*

they are well made, even if there are some problems with precise gameplay

to me they are the same annoyances I hold towards the classic Sonic games but that doesn't stop people from enjoying them

You also have to remember the time they were made in. For games that looked, sounded and played as good on a 16-bit system when 32-bit systems (3D0, Jaguar, Saturn) were coming out, DKC was a huge deal.

I do remember when they came out, I was there with my jaw stuck in my toes
I never said they weren't well made. They were great games in fact. It's just that, technical marvels aside, gameplay was kindof simplistic, but I didn't give a rats because 1) I was 14 and 2) they looked GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

but best games ever made? Nah, sorry, but nao

Boney

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I consider myself pretty discerning but I'll agree that DKC2 is one of the better platformers I've ever played.
Yep. The original is pretty average with a few saving graces here and there, but the second one blows me away everytime I play it.

Top Bottom