• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball game in development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X58PrXM82Bs
https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/4emo4v/dbs_english_dub_new_game_and_kai_buu_saga_english/

When asked by an audience member if he had heard any news on a Xenoverse 2 game yet, Sean answered with:
I do think there is going to be…I can’t confirm it yet but Chris (Sabat, the producer of the Dragon Ball Z dub) called me and said there’s gonna be a game coming out, I’m thinking there’s going to be some DLC or maybe another Xenoverse game I wouldn’t be surprised. Xenoverse was so successful the publishing company would be stupid not to make another one just for the sake of the money.”

Sean then expanded on this answer about Xenoverse 2 to talk about Dragon Ball Super:

“I think that’s coming and I think Dragon Ball Super should happen this year. We don’t have a contract yet but Chris called me the other day and said I think this might be happening soon. Funimation has been working hard since late last year to go to Japan and secure… Just because we have Z doesn’t mean the Japanese are gonna go OK you can have Super. It’s the whole process of lawyers meeting and talking about money and shows and whose gonna air it and what money they get for it and they have to work all that out before they call the cast members and say here’s a contract. But my guess and this is totally speculative, I’m hoping we’ll have something out in July and at the very worst case scenario August or September for school. Definitely before Christmas I’m hoping because I need a job.”

We also got more information on the completion of the redub for the Buu Saga in Dragon Ball Kai, which still has no official confirmation of being in production despite many voice actors letting it be known they have been working on the project for a while, including this recent reveal from Sean Schemmel:

“We were just recording something for Dragon Ball Kai maybe about 10 months ago… I’m not supposed to tell you this but we got done recording Resurrection F last year and everyone recorded on the Buu Saga but me, and I just wrapped up recording the Buu saga probably about 6 weeks ago, so I’m done. It’s done it’s gonna get released. Everyone else has recorded they have to mix it and print it and whatever but you will get the Buu saga at some point…it’s gonna happen.”
So... Probably Xenoverse 2, Super Funimation dub, and Dragon Ball Kai Buu saga dub soon.

I made a similar thread in January but this is the first "official" talk of a Xenoverse 2 (or new Dragon Ball game that requires new voice acting, as they don't re-record for mobile titles as far as I'm aware) we've heard.

For those not in the know, this is the English voice of Goku, and his friend who called him up about the game is the English voice for Vegeta.

What do you guys want to see in Xenoverse 2? Besides the obvious addition of Dragon Ball Super characters.

More playable creatable races, and combat closer to BT3 please.

Takao

Banned
No offense, but there's like 0 information there. Sean seems to be second guessing himself after every sentence. "Maybe there's some new game thing, I dunno. There's usually a new game."

Not only that, they haven't bothered with English VO for the 3DS Dragon Ball game(s) in the west. Only subs.

An RPG is going to have more VO than a fighter. Who knows if Project Fusion remains 3DS exclusive in the west too. Ganbarion's last 3DS RPG didn't.

B_Bech

I think you forgot the prefix SHOCKING NEWS.

I feel like one of these comes out every year. (Not complaining)

Jmille99

I'd be down for a Xenoverse sequel. That game took me by surprise. Most fun I had with a DB game since...Budokai 3?

Project Fusion has an official name now but I can't remember what it is. Would like to see that get proper US VO though since it seems like a fun concept for a title.

But I think Xenoverse 2: Super Xenoverse is going to be a thing eventually. They're probably waiting for a bit more DBS to air though because at this point, Super recapped Battle of Gods and Revival of F and is still currenly in it's first entirely new story arc (universe vs universe tournament) and we don't really know what's coming next.

I imagine they're going to wait another story arc or two under their belt before doing a Super-based game. Unless Xenoverse 2 expands into covering the original Dragonball as well as Z.

Takao

Banned
Project Fusion has an official name now but I can't remember what it is. Would like to see that get proper US VO though since it seems like a fun concept for a title.

It's just Dragon Ball Fusions now, which means its SEO is screwed.

I wonder if Sean is bored with playing Goku, or does he still enjoy doing to this day. What has it been, like 20 years?

A little more than 15. The video games and movies are probably short recording sessions. The end of Kai and Super would be the big stuff.

Krammy

All in for Xenoverse 2. I was so excited for the return of Dimps with Xenoverse, and it did not disappoint! Give me more of that.
bg0zXfc.gif

How good is Xenoverse? Been getting back into Dragon Ball games lately with Extreme Butoden.

That said, I'm shocked at how much they've bungled the marketing for Super. At the very least there should be a simulcast; it's freaking Dragon Ball!

I love how honest Sean is when he's interviewed.

Indeed. Met him at Otakon last year and couldn't have been happier with how our discussion went.

How good is Xenoverse? Been getting back into Dragon Ball games lately with Extreme Butoden.

The game is alright, but if you're even a slight fan of Dragon Ball the fan service is top notch. It's some pretty good dumb fun, although it can get repetitive.

I'm pretty excited to see if they make any major improvements to Xenozerse 2 if this ends up being it.

Xenoverse did pretty great on all paltfroms right, Steam figures are good for it I seem to remember.

Fake Edit:
Famitsu said:
Japan – 230,000 units
Asia – 60,000 units
America – 1.78 million units
Europe – 1.05 million units

It has to be getting a sequel. The only reason I think its taking so long is they are taking on the feedback.

Mod's have added lots of life to the game. http://xenoversemods.com/ and new youtube videos are upload daily by the community with new mods.

It's doing pretty well with changes in super being modded into the game at a fairly steady pace.

TreIII

What do you guys want to see in Xenoverse 2? Besides the obvious addition of Dragon Ball Super characters.

More playable creatable races, and combat closer to BT3 please.

Besides more races, since after all, even Dragon Ball Fusions has added the non-descript multi-colored aliens and Kaio-shins, I just really hope that Dimps can soup up the combat some more. I think they have a good foundation to build up with, but just want to see it pushed a bit more to make the combat a bit more rewarding.

Oh, and anything they can do to deal with anything that involves RNG-based triggering would also be appreciated.

I'm in. Just make the whole experience more polished. The controls were ok, but I think we've seen games execute the flying traversal and aiming with a lot more finesse over the years.

Also, can we NOT load between areas in the home base like it's last gen.

Xenoverse did pretty great on all paltfroms right, Steam figures are good for it I seem to remember.

Fake Edit:

It has to be getting a sequel. The only reason I think its taking so long is they are taking on the feedback.

Mod's have added lots of life to the game. http://xenoversemods.com/ and new youtube videos are upload daily by the community with new mods.

It's doing pretty well with changes in super being modded into the game at a fairly steady pace.

jesus christ

Piers

Actually, yeah, what could they even introduce for Xenoverse 2? They've already 'done' DBZ with the previous game, and it's too early to really be touching on the story of Super.

Aside from loosing the RNG aspects and tightening the balance, as people said, I hope they at least implement proper Super Saiyan hairstyles. It's pretty odd how that hadn't happened in Xenoverse.

jesus christ

He finally found that fourth chaos emerald, did he?

L Thammy

Actually, yeah, what could they even introduce for Xenoverse 2? They've already 'done' DBZ with the previous game, and it's too early to really be touching on the story of Super.

Aside from loosing the RNG aspects and tightening the balance, as people said, I hope they at least implement proper Super Saiyan hairstyles. It's pretty odd how that hadn't happened in Xenoverse.

They can do the story of GT and how it was removed from the timeline

Red Hood

Banned
Another one? I feels like it's being annualised. There hasn't been a good DBZ game since Tenkaichi 2. Burst Limit came close but there were way too few characters.

Revven

Aside from loosing the RNG aspects and tightening the balance, as people said, I hope they at least implement proper Super Saiyan hairstyles. It's pretty odd how that hadn't happened in Xenoverse.?

It's not that odd, for each base hairstyle they'd then have to create a second model for the super saiyan hair. And whatever physics that hair may or may not need. On top of starting from scratch with a new engine and having to create all the content they did, I'm not surprised they went the "cheap" route on that and just opted not to create the extra hair models for the two super saiyan forms. Oh and this is excluding the female hairstyles as well.

That kind of thing struck me as more of a sequel-job because it'd be attached to expanding the customization and what not.

Another one? I feels like it's being annualised. There hasn't been a good DBZ game since Tenkaichi 2. Burst Limit came close but there were way too few characters.

They skipped a year at one point for a major console release and if this thing isn't coming this year the only Dragon Ball game will be on a handheld for 2016. In fact, I'm 99% sure if XV2 is announced soon (or at E3) it's a 2017 game but of course that really depends on when they actually started working on it.

NeonZ

It's not that odd, for each base hairstyle they'd then have to create a second model for the super saiyan hair. And whatever physics that hair may or may not need. On top of starting from scratch with a new engine and having to create all the content they did, I'm not surprised they went the "cheap" route on that and just opted not to create the extra hair models for the two super saiyan forms. Oh and this is excluding the female hairstyles as well.

That kind of thing struck me as more of a sequel-job because it'd be attached to expanding the customization and what not.

They could have just recycled some of the spiked hair styles as SSJ modes for the smoother hairstyles (with the spiked styles not changing, like how Vegeta's and Buu Saga Gohan's hair stays almost the same).

Can we get something like burst limit combat? Man I played the hell out of that game, even with the Vegeta and Broly spammers. That was fun.

KingBroly

Banned
Maybe they're localizing/porting Dragon Ball Heroes for consoles/PC? Or mobile.

I don't really know what Dragon Ball Heroes is, all I know is that it's kinda nuts

TreIII

Maybe they're localizing/porting Dragon Ball Heroes for consoles/PC? Or mobile.

I don't really know what Dragon Ball Heroes is, all I know is that it's kinda nuts

It's a cinematic "card fighting game", with some limited action prompts.

There actually have been two ports released on the 3DS, with the latter getting free updates periodically to keep up with some of the new stuff added.

Since the card game itself has no reach outside of Japan, I doubt Bamco will ever think about localizing the ports.

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
Hope it takes more from Dragonball online and adds a real open world with better quests. Also, please make RNGesus kinder and more giving

Top Bottom