• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball game in development

Eylos

Banned
yes, i really enjoyed xenoverse, i agree with the battle system needs to be improved, and also the world needs to be bigger, those four town parts are to small

I'd totally be up for another Xenoverse, I mean they did leave a small cliffhanger at the end so why not?

Problem I can see is that every DBZ game you tend to "relive" the entire series from Raditz to Buu, and beyond. Maybe they're waiting for Super to expand to like 80 episodes before a second game.

Then again, they could have more issues where the time stream keeps getting messed up. Would make for some interesting what if stories. Like what would happen if Android 16 was awoken instead of 17 and 18 and has his sights on Goku who's suffering from the heart virus.

Actually, yeah, what could they even introduce for Xenoverse 2? They've already 'done' DBZ with the previous game, and it's too early to really be touching on the story of Super.

Retread DBZ main saga's
DBGT Main Saga's
Movies
DB Super tournament and champa/vados stuff
DLC in conjunction with super story arcs for a arc or 2
Expanded roster
More CAC options and transformations
"Locked" transformations
What if and Heroes content
Destructable enviroments

Plenty of room for a sequel

I wonder if Sean is bored with playing Goku, or does he still enjoy doing to this day. What has it been, like 20 years?

I'm pretty sure Masako Nozawa would have bored by now considering shes been the voice of goku for over 30 years and has done many specials, video games, and other appearances as goku,

Slaythe

Retread DBZ main saga's
DBGT Main Saga's
Movies
DB Super tournament and champa/vados stuff
DLC in conjunction with super story arcs for a arc or 2
Expanded roster
More CAC options and transformations
"Locked" transformations
What if and Heroes content
Destructable enviroments

Plenty of room for a sequel

Good gameplay and a roster that isn't 95% useless online would be a good start, don't you think ?

Good gameplay and a roster that isn't 95% useless online would be a good start, don't you think ?

The gameplay is subjective and I could give 2 shits about playing it online. The connected Hub world was okay but I'm playing dragonball games to mess around with characters from that world in that world.

If i wanted to play a online fighter I'd go with a company who have a history of that like Capcom.

It's preference based.

Personally? No I don't think that would be a good start. Nice for some but pointless for me.

Xenoverse wasn't a bad playing game by any standard. Sure you could abuse it but that's entirely on yothe indiviual.

Piers

The gameplay is subjective and I could give 2 shits about playing it online. The connected Hub world was okay but I'm playing dragonball games to mess around with characters from that world in that world.

If i wanted to play a online fighter I'd go with a company who have a history of that like Capcom.

It's preference based.

Personally? No I don't think that would be a good start. Nice for some but pointless for me.

Xenoverse wasn't a bad playing game by any standard. Sure you could abuse it but that's entirely on yothe indiviual.

You're right -- the problem is that part of the game's intent is to mingle with other individuals.
Ever since the customisable movesets on the OC was known, people anticipated cheap spamming online and...well, there we have it.

I never even touched online PVP because of what an obvious unbalanced wreck it would be, but even on co-op missions it's basically players wanting to get it over with ASAP by whipping out Electric Fields over and over.

Top Bottom