• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodofWine

Isn't there a (reasonably) low limit on members in a club? We are definitely going to need to have GAF A/B/C Teams. Tryouts and such are going to be a must. Also, weekly challenges to move into the A Team would be damn cool.

Yea, its like 12 (dont quote me there)...12 of you bastards that will have wheels...

:/

LCfiner

My point was just that they shouldn't have said this is what they were going to target. I thought that was a bit of misdirection. We'll see if they hit it, but it really doesn't look like they're trying based on their improvements prioritization.

Personally I think the game looks incredible, but you know.

Back when they first said they were targeting 60, I thought that it was pretty much in the bag that they would get it. After all, I thought, why would they make that proclamation if they weren’t 99% sure they could reach it? Failing to make that framerate after public saying they were aiming of it would be bad PR.

welp, I’d say that it’s pretty much a longshot they get that now, considering their current public statements. I think the game looks gorgeous, but I still think they would have been better served not talking up 60fps if it wasn’t a sure thing.

viveks86

Looking good, any word on the number of tracks in the full version?

Nope. Track list so far:

Canada - Oliver's Landing
Chile - Salar de Surire
India - Bandipur National Park
Scotland (UK) - Kyle (is this the same track as the older one, which we thought was Kinloch?)
Norway - Sentraltind
Antigua - ?

Did I miss any?

It's a shame this game won't have performance tuning.
Unless this delay will allow for it...
Is that kind of thing something that can be added later?

Socky

Nope. Track list so far:

Canada - Oliver's Landing
Chile - Salar de Surire
India - Bandipur National Park
Scotland (UK) - Kyle (is this the same track as the older one, which we thought was Kinloch?)
Norway - Sentraltind
Antigua - ?

Did I miss any?

Can't think of any. They're still missing two continents though (the A's) so hopefully there will be several (lots?) more tracks to see. There's still no indication if there are multiple routes through the locations right? That would be great, and surely cheaper and easier to do than entirely new locations.

BTW - is there another, non-UK Scotland I don't know about? /pedantic

viveks86

Can't think of any. They're still missing two continents though (the A's) so hopefully there will be several (lots?) more tracks to see. There's still no indication if there are multiple routes through the locations right? That would be great, and surely cheaper and easier to do than entirely new locations.

BTW - is there another, non-UK Scotland I don't know about? /pedantic

Agreed. No hints of multiple routes yet, though I remember seeing a race where one of the side roads was barricaded. Could be an alternate track.

And no, there isn't a non-UK Scotland. ;) I wish to see a London city track, though.

ViciousDS

Banned
NNNNUUUUUHHHHH

damn these small teases, can't wait for full fledge race from the new build....it really looks like the Delay is going to be worth it!

viveks86

Touche!

I'm not all that bothered about urban tracks personally. I really like how Evo are finding places that are visually spectacular but also off the beaten track in terms of the usual racing locations.

Yeah I agree. Won't be disappointed if there aren't any city tracks, but a rainy London was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the reveal. :)

I do understand the need for city tracks, but they often times the least impressive tracks or areas in a racing game. Need for Speed Most Wanted looked best once you reached the countryside. And because of the focus on the city I don't think it ever looked as amazing as Hot Pursuit. With that said, this gives me another chance to bring up my DLC wish for DRIVECLUB, which is for them to include Atlantic Road

the-atlantic-road-spe9kjvz.jpg

atlantic_road_740c3jo9.jpg

Just imagine racing through there during a thunderstorm.

nib95

Banned
Loving the new clips. The game has come such a long way. Just looks and sounds stunning now. Best looking racer to have ever graced any system I think.

Side note, I don't know why people keep stating that the game is only closer to the initial reveal trailer/gameplay. Imo it's an improvement over the original inception trailer in numerous ways, it was even before these most recent clips. The newest builds look even more polished than when I was comparing in my post below (at the time of the new night time transition gameplay demo).

Quick comparison reveal to now. Couldn't find better quality pics, but take away the AA differences (which have now been improved considerably over this old Gamescom build) and I don't see how anyone could say it looks like a downgrade from the reveal...at least in actual gameplay angles anyway.

If anything, several things have been improved. Lighting, cockpit shaders and materials, reflections in windows, dirt from window wiper edges, road side markings, foliage quality, rock surfaces etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

photo-11.jpg

image_driveclub-23128-2662_0003.jpg

image_driveclub-23128-2662_0002.jpg

image_driveclub-23128-2662_0005.jpg

image_driveclub-23125-2662_0005.jpg

viveks86

Loving the new clips. The game has come such a long way. Just looks and sounds stunning now. Best looking racer to have ever graced any system I think.

Side note, I don't know why people keep stating that the game is only closer to the initial reveal trailer/gameplay. Imo it's an improvement over the original inception trailer in numerous ways, it was even before these most recent clips. The newest builds look even more polished than when I was comparing in my post below (at the time of the new night time transition gameplay demo).

Welcome back nib!!! Missed you! :)

I'm gonna b ehonest, as much as a framerate nazi as I can be at times, I'll take whatever framerate this is running at. Looks smooth as fuck (and visually so much better too!)

I do understand the need for city tracks, but they often times the least impressive tracks or areas in a racing game. Need for Speed Most Wanted looked best once you reached the countryside. And because of the focus on the city I don't think it ever looked as amazing as Hot Pursuit. With that said, this gives me another chance to bring up my DLC wish for DRIVECLUB, which is for them to include Atlantic Road

This needs to happen. Listen to this man rushy

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Tired of these Vine-length clips already. Game looks great, let us appreciate for just a tad longer than 5-10 seconds at a time, please.

Stunning, this game is gonna benefit so much from the delay. They shouldn't have made the E3 demo which left a bad impression, the game was just not ready back them. Now we're seeing their vision coming to life.
And if they can add dynamic weather :O
Agreed. Good post

Ishan

i quadruple this request ... i so want this track in driveclub

Vire

Holy shit, I've never seen this place. Absolutely incredible.

Would love to see this.

Gotta agree that road looks amazing.

benzy

http://abload.de/img/the-atlantic-road-spe9kjvz.jpg

http://abload.de/img/atlantic_road_740c3jo9.jpg

NFS usually isn't the go-to game for great cities though. =P

PGR on the other hand... nothing but impressively rendered cities, with great layouts too.

pgr4zk9d.gif

pgr4486qzf.gif

~~Hasan~~

PGR 4 is just incredible looking.

agreed. to me DC is like a spiritual successor to PGR i never had. which is why i am supporting this game by buying it. i do not like sim games like GT or Forza. its boring to do sim just a lap over lap over lap. i want to go wild.

last thing i need to worry about is how is my gear condition after i finish a race or should i fix my enternet tires >_>

Vire

agreed. to me DC is like a spiritual successor to PGR i never had. which is why i am supporting this game by buying it. i do not like sim games like GT or Forza. its boring to do just a lap over lap over lap. i want to go wild.

last thing i need to worry about is how is my gear condition after i finish a race or should i fix my enternet tires >_>

It's pretty much exactly why I am hyped for Drive Club.

Carrying the mantle where PGR left off. Horizon was fun, but it wasn't the same.

Kane1345

Ok seriously this is an amazing idea. Rushy, please! :)

Kane1345

I was just thinking about an episode of Top Gear I saw a while back where they found the greatest road in the world in Romania. I was thinking what a great race track that would be. I found the footage on YouTube, what do you guys think?

http://youtu.be/PhSanuvCrOA?t=4m46s

EDIT: Aren't some of the old PGR crew working on Driveclub?

YES O_O

omg i need that.

Perfectly fine with 30 fps. Wasn't Forza Horizon 30? And PGR?

PGR was 60fps. Its sequels are all 30fps though. But they'd all have been better at 60fps :p

Anyway, I'm not seeing much city racing in Driveclub so I'm not sure they warrant too many direct comparisons in that regard. What I am seeing is some beautiful environments that look a treat to race through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom