• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DriveClub build shows improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What the hell?! Is this in-game???

drive-club-c4-(00146)_0.jpg
Man, that would be amazing if in game simply due to the excellent image quality. Forza 5 is a jaggy mess in the end and I'm really hoping the same fate does not befall Drive Club.

riceandpea

Neo Member
It will be the custom Channel 4 ident.

For those not from the UK, Channel 4 runs idents where the camera pans around and the scenery will begin to form the number '4' and Sony has done some custom ones.

Here is a picture of DC's
http://www.thedrum.com/uploads/drum.../additional_media/drive-club-c4-(00146)_0.jpg

And KZ's
http://www.thedrum.com/uploads/drum_basic_article/122300/main_images/killzone-C4-(00077)_0.jpg

Awesome. I always liked those Channel 4 idents (I have NO idea why) but these are pretty cool and unique way of drawing attention to PS4 (and games in general imo)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Both done in-engine apparently. Whether realtime or in-game, or specially rendered for TV, don't know. I'd guess at bullshots though, don't expect the IQ to be at that level in the game

riceandpea

Neo Member
Man, that would be amazing if in game simply due to the excellent image quality. Forza 5 is a jaggy mess in the end and I'm really hoping the same fate does not befall Drive Club.

Glad it's not just me who was irked by that. Felt a bit cruel thinking 'ugh' cause it is a silky smooth game at times, in races and that. But that lack of anti-aliasing just spoilt it for me. Not the game, mind, just those lovely visuals.

riceandpea

Neo Member
Killzone's looks believably in-game/engine to me, but DriveClub is exceptional - if it ends up that is in-engine then we're in for a treat.

I expect that was a 'specially created 'track' though.

viveks86

Killzone's looks believably in-game/engine to me, but DriveClub is exceptional - if it ends up that is in-engine then we're in for a treat.

I expect that was a 'specially created 'track' though.

Both done in-engine apparently. Whether realtime or in-game, or specially rendered for TV, don't know.

KZ is definitely in-game. I have screenshots from my play through that look exactly like that. But DC looks way too good!

LCfiner

I think there’s a 1% chance that they use such an aggressive DoF on the main parts of the dash in game - but I’d love to see it around edges of the front pillars and roof. Probably from a replay some enhanced in engine render

benzy

I think there’s a 1% chance that they use such an aggressive DoF on the main parts of the dash in game - but I’d love to see it around edges of the front pillars and roof. Probably from a replay some enhanced in engine render

Most likely replay. It was there in the reveal trailer too.

DriveClub_2013_05-16-13_006.jpg

Mobius 1

I say bullshot, It look almost real life.

And what the hell is that floating rock?

EDIT: I see it now, it's number 4.

I don't blame you, but the Killzone shot is legit, as I can post one for you from my PS4 that will look like that, or better.

So, this is a good indicative of how Driveclub really looks like.

Yeah it looks great and realistic in terms of how you drive but at the same time makes it completely useless as you can't shift your focus like you would in real life to look at the rear-view mirror etc!

viveks86

I don't blame you, but the Killzone shot is legit, as I can post one for you from my PS4 that will look like that, or better.

So, this is a good indicative of how Driveclub really looks like.

Yeah I'm thinking it's from a replay/photo mode. Notice the depth of field blur on the dash and rear view mirrors. Wouldn't make sense to have that in-game since you can't see the cars clearly. Must be an added visual layer when you aren't actually racing.

farisr

But will it hit 60 fps? I really really really hope the delay can make that happen. Also...

WTF? Is that a floating rock?

Yes, it's there for the ad. Look at the full picture closely, it will make a 4 when it lines up with the flag and other things in the environment.

Yes, it's there for the ad. Look at the full picture closely, it will make a 4 when it lines up with the flag and other things in the environment.
It's slightly more obvious to spot on the full ident, because they've done an audio effect timed perfectly with when the pieces of the '4' line up.

GHG

Dear Rushy,

Please tell the team at DriveClub that if this is in-game and it currently looks this good running at 30fps, nobody will really care about 60fps. Please do not sacrifice any of this visual fidelity goodness to appease the individuals whining about 60fps since they likely wont buy the game anyway since this is targeting the sim-cade segment of the racing market and they will be too busy messing around with games like iRacing and Assetto Corsa. They clearly don't appreciate what you guys are trying to achieve with DriveClub.

Thanks and regards,

The NeoGAF DriveClub fans.

x

Mascot

Dear Rushy,

Please tell the team at DriveClub that if this is in-game and it currently looks this good running at 30fps, nobody will really care about 60fps. Please do not sacrifice any of this visual fidelity goodness to appease the individuals whining about 60fps since they likely wont buy the game anyway since this is targeting the sim-cade segment of the racing market and they will be too busy messing around with games like iRacing and Assetto Corsa. They clearly don't appreciate what you guys are trying to achieve with DriveClub.

Thanks and regards,

The NeoGAF DriveClub fans.

x

Jesus Christ...

Jesus Christ...

Oh man. That is funny. I don't care one way or another but I won't stand for terrible pop-in or jaggies. Framerate be damned srry people graphics whore here with a beast PC and I cannot stand pop-in and jaggies. Worst thing in gaming ever besides horrible framerate of course. 30FPS solid is not horrible to me just meh.

LakeEarth

How many times am I going to say "wow it looks way better" for this game? It looks way better from the last time I said it looks way better from the last time I said it looks way better. It just keeps happening. Hope we get a release date soon.

watchdog

lol, it took me a while to see the 4 in that gif.

This game is really shaping up nicely. I'm really liking the natural looking lighting they have going on. Very impressive.

i-Lo

30fps is a compromise.

Indeed. The question is whether the buyer has a problem with it. If they do then they should respond with their wallet.

However, I have said it before: no one batted an eye when Motorstorm was made to be 30fps.

Indeed. The question is whether the buyer has a problem with it. If they do then they should respond with their wallet.

However, I have said it before: no one batted an eye when Motorstorm was made to be 30fps.

Though 60fps could enhance the overall experience, I've had no problems with all three Motorstorm games and this ain't no simulation like GT or Forza where 60fps is mandatory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom