• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Driveclub gameplay

LOL

y5n8ZE.gif

that's just stupid.

Mahonay

Banned
And lame. Forza was a copy cat 2nd tier game a decade back. GT was the original king. In a decade things have changed. WWS studios have no confidence in them. Under Yoshida, WWS went from being innovative leaders to scared chickens.

Sony doesnt have any confidence in WWS any more. Sony EU comes out and says Destiny is their big 1st party title of holiday. Driveclub is credits Forza !!!.
iudgEIGWO4K9h.gif

Just saw the new video. I had no idea there was flipping and crash damage. My wallet can't handle this!

Also, since when was Forza a big threat to Sony? Doesn't GT outsell Forza by huge margins?

that's just stupid.

I absolutely agree, especially when the comment could backfire on you in a matter of a week. They could have chosen a less vitriolic comment...
Anyway, from the videos, the game gives me a serious GT3 vibe. It does remind me of that episode for some reason...

But others have made the same observation. It crossed my mind while watching certain daytime vids as well, but I wasn't going to post about it, but then I saw several others saying the same thing.

The way the lighting is achieved carries little weight for most people.

Pick a time of day you like the look of and stick with it.

Any racing game that has time of day change will include overcast afternoons with flat lighting.

AllenShrz

I think one "problem" and what makes the courses feel like corridors is that the width of the tracks is the same, is doesn't get more narrower or wider, is just the same.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So should I upload my shit to gamersyde now that Sony seems to be okay with it?

And lame. Forza was a copy cat 2nd tier game a decade back. GT was the original king. In a decade things have changed. WWS studios have no confidence in them. Under Yoshida, WWS went from being innovative leaders to scared chickens.

Sony doesnt have any confidence in WWS any more. Sony EU comes out and says Destiny is their big 1st party title of holiday. Driveclub is credits Forza !!!.

is-this-real-life.jpg

Anywhoo, I downloaded the Norway and Canada vids, put em up on the big screen aaaand my face melted

I agree, but Forza is not only a great series, it's well known, even among casual gamers. Being compared to that series automatically elevates Driveclub in the minds of these people, i.e., the kind of crowd that buys because of commercials, box art, etc.

It will only elevate Driveclub is the word of mouth is good. It could backfire if it is not.

Just like Destiny at the moment (although Destiny was already well known due to the intense marketing that preceded launch).

I agree, but Forza is not only a great series, it's well known, even among casual gamers. Being compared to that series automatically elevates Driveclub in the minds of these people, i.e., the kind of crowd that buys because of commercials, box art, etc.

Yep it's not like Sony going to say it's a GT killer since that there other IP.
So since this a new IP marketing trying to get any attention it can get .
Might not like it but understand why they doing it.

ShamePain

Banned
Just saw the new video. I had no idea there was flipping and crash damage. My wallet can't handle this!

Also, since when was Forza a big threat to Sony? Doesn't GT outsell Forza by huge margins?

Gt's mindshare is quickly diminishing, 5 year dev cycle doesn't help and neither will having ps2 cars and tracks in a PS4 game. Also GT7 is a long way away, in the meantime Xbox owners will have played FM5/6, FH2/3 on their nextgen console. Forza is a threat to Sony now that it occupies both sim and arcade territories, the positive feedback for FH2 has been overwhelming so far. Hopefully DC scores and sells well to establish the franchise. Sony just can't rely on Kaz alone with his questionable design choices and long dev cycles. Some might accuse MC of milking Forza with now yearly releases, but as long as the quality is maintained at the level they output now I see nothing wrong. FM and FH have enough difference to avoid the franchise fatigue that games like AC and CoD are now experiencing.

Hoje0308

Banned

I have to give you credit. With your post history you have gigantic balls coming into a Driveclub thread this close to release. I mean, it's not like you're a cheerleader in FH2 threads and an anti-Sony Debbie Downer every time DC catches your eye (or goggles, as the case may be).

nib95

Banned
Game still looks great but it's now obvious the IQ is not on the same level as we saw before in those gifs/pics.

The IQ is better than it's ever been in the past, it's just not as good as super sampled (obviously). The main thing is that IQ is still incredible, and issues that were plaguing the game previously (mainly power lines) have been vastly improved, as can be seen in the screenshots above.

Salex_

GT5 outsold Forza 1-4 combined and GT6 is the second best selling racing game (behind MK7) since GT5.

I don't know why they included that quote. It's pointless and will backfire even if it's 1 point less than FH2 on metacritic.

Rushy

Anyone fancy playing DRIVECLUB this Saturday at Evolution?

Well if you can make it to Cheshire (UK) then send me a PM and I'll see if I can get you an invite.

Top Bottom