• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Easily Removed Tattoo Ink

TindalosPup

I'm not sure how many people here are tattoo enthusiasts, like myself, but I was watching the news today and came across this. Apparently this company has created a "safer" tattoo ink that can be zapped off in a single session if you change your mind.

INQUE’s breakthrough technology offers healthier, safer tattoos that can be easily removed or changed without the pain of traditional tattoo removal through a patented one-session process called BLANQUEing™.

“We are disrupting the 10,000-year-old tattoo industry through scientific and business innovation, delivering ink technology that is safer, healthier, and more adaptable,” said Robb Osinski, executive chairman, INQUE Holdings, LLC. “Brilliant INQUE is changing the way we think about tattoos, providing vibrant, colorful – and permanent – body art, that at the same time, can easily be turned off through BLANQUEing to meet an individual’s evolving wants or needs. Unlike traditional medical ID medallions that can fall off, break, or get lost, INQUEAlert is an ideal solution, which is always there and observable when medical needs arise.”

After more than a decade of research, INQUE’s world-class scientists have developed healthier, safer, vibrant inks that are free of the harmful chemicals and heavy metals commonly found in conventional tattoo inks. INQUE is ready for market after successfully passing cytotoxicity and skin sensitivity tests. Additionally, INQUE tattoos can be permanently turned off, “BLANQUEd,” a patented de-colorization process without the time, cost and pain of conventional tattoo removal.

I have 8 tattoos (edit: recounted after I posted, forgot one), all I did myself, only one of them I'd like to have removed, a Pikachu that lost his adorable chubbiness and who's lines bled when I lost some of my own chub, looks like he's been battling a meth addiction for a few years. This idea revolutionizes the industry and might get some who are iffy about tattoos to give it a(n expensive) shot for the sake of trying.

This has actually gotten me looking into tattooing again, a career path I abandoned when I thought I didn't have it in me to stab another with a needle a million times a minute (my sadistic side has surfaced after years of bottling up).

If you have tattoos I'd like to know how you feel about it?

If you don't have any, does this change the game for you? What would your optionally invisible ink be?

Last edited:

decisions

This would be great if it works as intended.

Whoever could create risk-free tattoos that are permanent but easily removed upon choice to do so would have taken hold of one of the most desired physical products of our time (probably only behind a hair loss cure) make TONS of money.

DESTROYA

Or you can just use these and just wash them off the next day...lol

bY3yeK4.jpg

TindalosPup

This would be great if it works as intended.

Whoever could create risk-free tattoos that are permanent but easily removed upon choice to do so would have taken hold of one of the most desired physical products of our time (probably only behind a hair loss cure) make TONS of money.

The news footage showed it in action. I couldn't find the story with video online, but from what I saw it works damn near flawlessly. The colors turned into slightly darkened skin, which fades as the body absorbs the laser busted microscopic ink capsules that give pigment.

They won't be offering it up for sale to regular tat shops just yet, but they plan to. They'll be opening special boutiques offering it before general tattoo retail release, starting in Boston and branching out to other major cities in big states.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Depends how easy it is to replicate the blanking process. Can imagine pranksters removing hundreds of dollars of someone else's painfully gained tattoos for lol's.

bronk

Banned
I have a half sleeve and a few others here and there. I find this news to be pretty darn cool. Id for sure get way more tattoos and use that ink.

TindalosPup

Depends how easy it is to replicate the blanking process. Can imagine pranksters removing hundreds of dollars of someone else's painfully gained tattoos for lol's.

I can see people doing this
I have a half sleeve and a few others here and there. I find this news to be pretty darn cool. Id for sure get way more tattoos and use that ink.

Same thinking here

I wonder how well reapplication would be

Thinking about it, if reapplication is just as successful it'd be like you can change your tattoos irl like in video games (albeit at a ridiculous cost)

Top Bottom