• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM Scores - March 07

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
jetjevons said:
I think LP:EC is going to be one of those love it or hate it things like Dead Rising.

Agreed. The Dead Rising demo never grabbed me and neither did the game. The LP demos grabbed me so I expect so will the game.

Im I would be quite surprised if ms paid money for a DR sequel...it aint going to attract people to the system...just a purchase for those who have it...it doesnt seem the sort of game to pay and exclusive for

peace

Wow, that Hotel Dusk game looks awesome- I love games like that (I got a slight Indigo Prophecy vibe from it). Why haven't I heard anything about it?

Zoinks! Who the hell gave Hotel Dusk a 10???

I expected those WarioWare scores, although I was hoping Lost Planet would score a little higher.

Sallokin

I'm really excited to see Hotel Dusk get some love. I hope it's the year's first sleeper hit a la Trauma Center/Phoenix Wright.

It's a shame that the improvements made in Rogue Galaxy didn't pump it's score well above the average territory. Still picking it up though :D

theBishop

Banned
Probationsmack said:
First of all- subjectivity
Second- I agree to a certain extent. EGM has a knack for always giving inflated scores to sequels in revered/popular franchises (zelda, final fantasy, gta, metal gear) despite thier quality.

Ever since the press groupthink started to shift to PSP being a disappointing system with "no good games (TM)", EGM's scores on PSP games definitely slacked.

Kafel said:
What does that mean ?

Sucker punch(developer of the sly cooper franchise) is instead working on something not sly cooper. Could imply also that sly cooper is bieng handled be another developer.

duffey

I... can't believe Hotel Dusk managed to get a 10. I'm way interested in the game anyway but god, if it really is that good, I'll be happy for a very long time.

Sucker punch is working on an adventure game or maybe action adventure. They have kept the project under wraps for at least 2 years. It might be PS3 exclusive depending on their relationship with Sony

theBishop said:
Ever since the press groupthink started to shift to PSP being a disappointing system with "no good games (TM)", EGM's scores on PSP games definitely slacked.

If I'm not mistaken syphon filter and daxter got the 6ish to 7ish treatment from egm, which according to their scale is still above average. The problem is when you read the text in their reviews they use the limited space they have to voice their complaints about the game instead of establishing a more complete critique. They could definitely learn a thing of four from edge.

theBishop

Banned
duffey said:
I... can't believe Hotel Dusk managed to get a 10. I'm way interested in the game anyway but god, if it really is that good, I'll be happy for a very long time.

yep, this is one game that has me considering buying a DS.

Rlan

Wasn't Super Swing Golf meant to be good?

And as much as everything I've seen of previous MGS games looked awesome - I just can't see how MGS:pO prevails. All the videos make the game look stupidly clunky and just plain not fun.

As for Sucker Punch, I feel they're in a bit of a tight spot. They *LOVE* their physics and all that crazy shit, so they'd want to get in on the PS3, but at the same time, I bet they've brainstormed some fantastic ideas for the Wii remote. Will Uncle Sony have enough candy to keep Sucker Punch near it?

Drakken

Holy crap; Hotel Dusk two 8s and a 10?

*mouth agape*

*Neversoft will develop the next Guitar Hreo

OK, either this guy is lying about all this info, or EGM's rumor guy really stinks. Neversoft developing the next GH title just does not make sense.

Rlan said:

And as much as everything I've seen of previous MGS games looked awesome - I just can't see how MGS:pO prevails. All the videos make the game look stupidly clunky and just plain not fun.

Its a metal gear game without cards. Thats worth 7 points right there automatically from egm. GTA and halo gets 8 right off the bat. The zelda name is worth 8.5 alone.

Probationsmack said:
If I'm not mistaken syphon filter and daxter got the 6ish to 7ish treatment from egm, which according to their scale is still above average. The problem is when you read the text in their reviews they use the limited space they have to voice their complaints about the game instead of establishing a more complete critique. They could definitely learn a thing of four from edge.
You should reread the reviews. I don't remember reading any meaningful dislikes by the reviewers in either article.

Matix

Hotel Dusk: 8.0, 8.0, 10

Awesome, I guess it lived up to the hype (looked incredible since E3-06).

*Microsoft paid capcom alot for Dead Rising 2 exclusive.
*Neversoft will develop the next Guitar Hreo
*Sly 4 won't be sucker punches new PS3 game
*Square Enix whipping up new PSP titles because of it's "success"
*PS3 exclusives pushed back or going to 360 for more money
*Capcom bringing games to PlayStation Network, including remake of Street Fighter 2
*Unreal Tournament 2007 heading to 360 Also.

- M$ wins again.
- Umm...
- Eh..
- Kingdom Hearts Portable confirmed.. ?!
- Sad Sony.
- HOLY SHIZNIT !!
- Epic + 360 = Greatness.

Rlan said:

No.

It's like HotShots with less fun (and less voices). Seriously, it's a nice attempt and fun for a little bit, but I wouldn't classify it as a "good" game.

i wish they will stop with these retarded rumours. didnt they also say resident evil 5 and dead rising 2 was coming exclusively to ps3? it just raises false fanboy hopes :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Scoot said:
Nope, I wasn't on the review. That score is getting warmer, though!

Wow, even lower!

Can I post who has the low score? I know who it is, I just don't know if that's against the rules or something.

No one upset about the Phoenix Wright scores?! I guess it was expected but come on guys, where is the PW love.

Never heard of Hotel Dusk until now, looks interesting.

LukeSmith

whatdidyousay said:
I'm guessing lower than 6.5, right? Do me a favor and tell me what you think about the game...

Just check my post history, really. I think I've said enough about it there. Donahoe gave HD a 10.

Muppet345

MiamiWesker said:
No one upset about the Phoenix Wright scores?! I guess it was expected but come on guys, where is the PW love.
Why would anyone complain about those scores? They're pretty good.

Also, the cases in the game are GBA ports, so there's nothing that uses the DS in an interesting way like Case 5 in Ace Attorney 1 did. I think a full game that used the DS would score a lot higher.

Top Bottom