• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD remastered soundtrack details (1 new song+English theme)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Indistinguishable bad Japanese pop by AKB48.

Probably the same reason why they did a launch party for XIII with Maxim lol...Bad marketing to reach a market that is not interested in their games.

The marketing for XIII was just plain bad, let's be honest. At least Type-0's has been okay so far.

wmlk

The marketing for XIII was just plain bad, let's be honest. At least Type-0's has been okay so far.

Is it okay so far? It's been a snooze.

They still haven't shown off anything of the opening cutscene in English. That was a big sell when it was marketed in Japan.

The trailers showcasing the different playable characters isn't something that gets people excited.

At least it's not some weird disconnect in demographic this time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is it okay so far? It's been a snooze.

They still haven't shown off anything of the opening cutscene in English. That was a big sell when it was marketed in Japan.

The trailers showcasing the different playable characters isn't something that gets people excited.

At least it's not some weird disconnect in demographic this time.

Well that's what I mean. They're not trying to market it toward the bro audience who won't buy the game anyway this time. They probably don't have a big marketing budget to begin with though, if I had to make a guess.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
You realize it's not AKB48, right? It's sung by seiyuu (though not ones that appear to be in the game).

It isn't? I heard that it was sang by them and I guess that got stuck to my brain. It really sounds like something they would sing. It's still bad nonetheless. It doesn't help that it's a hidden track on the soundtrack so I never personally saw who the singers were.

Zoe

It isn't? I heard that it was sang by them and I guess that got stuck to my brain. It really sounds like something they would sing. It's still bad nonetheless. It doesn't help that it's a hidden track on the soundtrack so I never personally saw who the singers were.

It was listed in some book or something.

菅谷弥生/村川梨衣/五十嵐由佳/花島彩香/荒川美穂

Durante

Since this is the Type-0 HD thread currently active I'll just ask here: do we know if this will have dual audio?I

Famassu

I want to play this game. And I want to play the XV demo. But $60...lol
It's a big JRPG which will take you dozens of hours to just complete the story and which they are releasing in the west localized for the first time with vastly upgraded graphics, remastered OST and fine-tuned/improved combat. 60$ isn't really such an outrageous price to pay for Type-0 HD, especially with dual audio and the big FFXV demo included. How is it not worth 60$? Just because it was originally a PSP game? Why does that make it worth any less? Even as a PSP game it was probably way more expensive a project than a lot of console games.

AZUMIKE

It's a big JRPG which will take you dozens of hours to just complete the story and which they are releasing in the west localized for the first time with vastly upgraded graphics, remastered OST and fine-tuned/improved combat. 60$ isn't really such an outrageous price to pay for Type-0 HD, especially with dual audio and the big FFXV demo included. How is it not worth 60$? Just because it was originally a PSP game? Why does that make it worth any less? Even as a PSP game it was probably way more expensive a project than a lot of console games.

Valid points!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I don't think it deserves any new topic, so just know PRIMA is going to publish an official guide (hardcover and without) for Type-0 HD. Up for preorder on amazon!

Speaking of which... who's handling the OT of this game once it releases?

GAMERG0D

I don't think it deserves any new topic, so just know PRIMA is going to publish an official guide (hardcover and without) for Type-0 HD. Up for preorder on amazon!

I saw the CE guide on GameStop a few days ago but I stopped buying strategy guides after GTA V. I'd buy a XV guide though.

Fraxin

Its somewhat weird that Prima is releasing the guide, since Final Fantasy guides were usually mostly from BradyGames ( from 7-12) while 13 was I guess handled by Piggyback.

Turin

Banned
Well that's what I mean. They're not trying to market it toward the bro audience who won't buy the game anyway this time. They probably don't have a big marketing budget to begin with though, if I had to make a guess.

Playing it neutral might be a better idea. It doesn't seem to me that there's any consistent demographic for people who have interest in these games.

Perfo

Ishimoto posted this on fb:

10888700_821010651278647_3762680384953153133_n.jpg

is this the recording of the new track or the english ver. of colors?

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't see any mics (other than vocals obviously). Doubt it's a recording. Probably a live event of some sort, somewhere?

Edit: Saw the post itself. It's saying it was recording. The room itself -is- a studio, complete with carpeting and acoustic treatment, etc. I guess they have someone who knows how to tidy things up for marketing shots :V

Perfo

So this could be the new "battle theme" he composed for the HD edition. Then I guess we wll have vocals in it... interesting.

edit.

I put this here...

B6s_2w2CIAIvaEw.jpg

NateDog

Cover looks beautiful, got the email from CDJapan this morning about it. Wondering where to buy it from now, any good offers?

GaussTek

ishimoto keeps posting the new HD tracks on his soundcloud profile. The Beginning of the end, Servant of the Crystal and Machina's Theme are all up:

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto/02-the-beginning-of-the-end

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto/10-servant-of-the-crystal

https://soundcloud.com/takeharu-ishimoto/18-machina-kunagiri

The tracks are just awesome. You know, I like more Ishimoto's style for a Final Fantasy game than Shimomura (but of course that her tracks are amazing too!).

NateDog

Dear me those tracks sound wonderful, especially The Beginning of the End. Very glad I held off buying the OST about a year back.

Top Bottom