• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XIII-2 Info from Interview with Isamu Kamikokuryo

Xaekid

Tetsuya Nomura handled designs for the characters' faces while the bodies and clothing were handled by other FF series art directors.

It's alive, alive!!!

But yeah... that seems a rather strange decision for me, looking forward to the game though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Nomura wasn't responsible for the zippers but for Fang's pretty face?

Hmm....

dramatis

michaeltraps said:
But anyway, I'm becoming more and more hyped for FFXIII-2. My only reservation, albeit a small one, was the fact that there would be only two playable human characters. If what he says about other new main characters is true, then that's one less thing for me to worry about.
Technically you have three playable human characters already. Lightning counts.

Unless, of course, she's actually undead. Then the number is still two human.
ULTROS said:
So Nomura wasn't responsible for the zippers but for Fang's pretty face?
He was responsible for Lightning's zippers. But Odin's zippers are someone else.

Nirolak said:
friendshipdrawing-300xyksl.png

Essentially.

Xaekid said:
It's alive, alive!!!

But yeah... that seems a rather strange decision for me, looking forward to the game though.

Its interesting because the new guy in the trailer is dressed like a fucking Kingdom Hearts character.

UberTag

edgefusion said:
So it's good to see Versus XIII is becoming the next Duke Nukem Forever.
Versus XIII will have a MetaCritic score of 49.
Who would have thought it would have been panned so harshly compared to the greatness of FF XIII.
Will this finally lead to the Final Fantasy series being killed off?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Galvanise_ said:
Its interesting because the new guy in the trailer is dressed like a fucking Kingdom Hearts character.
He does look a lot like an adult version of Sora...

The character outfits are pretty crappy. I do not have hope for alternate costumes since this is neither a Tales game nor Final Fantasy X-2. I do think it is interesting that Nomura only did the faces this time and not the body/outfit designs. Guy must be extremely busy.

I'm personally interested to see how this turns out. I hope we get more gameplay media soon. But that might take a while. They seem to be busy photoshopping different types of text on the same screenshots at the moment. Also, doing a good job at hiding the mouse pointer this time around. Time well spent.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mr. Wonderful said:
If Versus XIII is really coming in 2013, they should really just rename it to FFXV.

2012... December is what I'm expecting now. 2012 HAS to be the year of Versus... it just has to be... 2011 was supposed to be its year.

Labadal

Kagari said:
2012... December is what I'm expecting now. 2012 HAS to be the year of Versus... it just has to be... 2011 was supposed to be its year.

Vaporware. That's how I treat it. Then three months before release (2016). I can start hypping myself up. The wait wouldn't be so bothersome if they could only tell uss when Type-0 releases.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Labadal said:
Vaporware. That's how I treat it. Then three months before release (2016). I can start hypping myself up. The wait wouldn't be so bothersome if they could only tell uss when Type-0 releases.

Type-0 is likely this September considering the public can play it starting in July.

And Versus... no news in 6 months :/ Not even brought up at Square's shareholder meeting. If I were a shareholder, I'd want to know what was going on with that game.

Labadal

Kagari said:
Type-0 is likely this September considering the public can play it starting in July.

And Versus... no news in 6 months :/ Not even brought up at Square's shareholder meeting. If I were a shareholder, I'd want to know what was going on with that game.

If I was a shareholder, I'd demand to know what was going on. I want the game to be great, but it feels like such a joke at the moment. If it doesn't show up at TGS, I don't know what to expect anymore.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Labadal said:
If I was a shareholder, I'd demand to know what was going on. I want the game to be great, but it feels like such a joke at the moment. If it doesn't show up at TGS, I don't know what to expect anymore.

XIII-2 will likely be the main focus at E3. I'm not holding my breath for anything substantial as far as Versus news goes.

dramatis

Anteater said:
26 I think, that's just mid 20s!
In anime/games from Japan, he might as well be 50.
badcrumble said:
Looks exactly like the Atlas hand that's been shown in other screenshots/videos.
Looks like new creature. Doesn't have the same bulk as Atlas, and the hand is different.

Pooya

The enemies that appear in the Neo Bodham area are a new category of enemy that are neither from Cocoon nor Pulse. They're designed by lead art designer Toshitaka Matsuda.

^ that creature is one of these I think.

Alta1r

Fimbulvetr said:
That's Serah.

Ah, thanks. I'm liking the design. That bow they gave her is sexy. Now hopefully they can give Lightning some pants or even her short shorts back. It's hard to take her seriously whens he's wearing full armor and then a bikini bottom.

Fimbulvetr said:
You just called a moogle sexy. :I

No seriously, that's a moogle.

When this game gets blasted out the arse for stupid bollocks like this, I wonder if it'll be worse for SE, because this time they actually thought they were aware of the problems?

Aaaaahhhh

The more detailed artwork of Serah is somehow even more hideous than her in game render. Who has these kinds of costume designs running through their heads? This can't be the first thing that came to mind, it had to have gone though several iterations of increasing wackiness until whoever was designing it was all wackied out.

Luso from FFTA2 looked better.

Goon Boon

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:

really?

REALLY?

Well, turning moogles into weapons isn't any worse than Kingdom Hearts turning disney into bizarre fan fiction

Die Squirrel Die said:
When this game gets blasted out the arse for stupid bollocks like this, I wonder if it'll be worse for SE, because this time they actually thought they were aware of the problems?
Why would people blast the game for having moogle that turns into a weapon? They were fine with a character drawing pictures as an attack.

Tetsuya Nomura handled designs for the characters' faces while the bodies and clothing were handled by other FF series art directors.
Anyone else is hoping Akihiko Yoshida contributes a design too? He was the background art director of FFTactics and is the art director of FFXIV.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
01lu11.jpg

Oh. My. God.

Best art EVER. Hot.

I need this in high-res, anyone?

Dunan

DiipuSurotu said:
Anyone else is hoping Akihiko Yoshida contributes a design too? He was the background art director of FFTactics and is the art director of FFXIV.

<-- would love to see more Yoshida artwork. I don't think his style matches up with FF13 quite like it does for the Ivalice games, but I wouldn't mind seeing him give it a go.

Alta1r

Fimbulvetr said:

What the...

I guess we had summons that turned into motorcycles and hotrods in the first one, so this isn't completely out of character. But still. What the...

Alucrid

Banned
Lightning has sharp knees.

Serah's design looks like she's going running at the gym.

Apparently in a universe where Lightning needs armor it's also applicable for Serah to be wearing spandex and elf shoes.

Day one.

Top Bottom