• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer cover tomorrow, next gen game reveal [Up3: Definitely Thief]

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The first two Thief games are still phenomenal in many ways, though. In terms of atmosphere, use of sound, the sprawling level design... Deadly Shadows is unfairly shat on, but it's still a fantastic game, despite massively reduced level sizes.

Edit: I'm saying this as someone who often struggles to go back to older PC titles, T1 and 2 really hold up well. Especially once you've gone through the hassle of installing the widescreen mod.

I didn't play them at launch. While I'm finding progress to be slow, Thief (haven't gotten to Thief 2 yet) on my first playthrough is one of the best video games I've ever played.

I picked up System Shock 2 in the spring of 2008--y'know, right after The Orange Box, Bioshock, Crysis, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, The Witcher, STALKER... and it was easily the second best of them (because STALKER was the best).

Oh indeed they hold up rather well, I'm just referring to the fact that someone who plays Mechwarrior 2 or Morrowind or even Pong really, for the first time in 2009 or so, won't have the same grasp on its quality as someone who played it at launch or at least in the generation it released. Regardless how well or poorly it holds up.

For instance I am playing FFVII for the first time on my Vita. And although I can pick apart its mechanics and critique the game now, my experience is different than someone who played it day one.

That doesn't mean older games can't be better than current ones, they often are. (Morrowind is my favorite RPG). But your perspective on the games is different for better or for worse because the medium evolves quickly and we don't live in a vacuum. Someone that was too young to play certain games at release can't judge them as well as someone who did IMHO.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mmmmmm next gen shadow rendering.

Izick

This is one of those series on the PC that I've always wanted to play, but just never have gotten around to. The last game that happened with was Planescape: Torment so the record so far is pretty stellar.

KingKong

I always thought it would have been weird to call this game Thi4f or Thief 4, Thief: something something would make a lot more sense

Thief Fore

You cut off people's heads in QTEs, then use the heads as balls for rooftop golf

Hot Shots Super Deformed mode is Gamestop exclusive DLC

Mifune

Mehmber
Why do people always doubt Game Informer cover stories? They often reveal cool games. Bioshock comes to mind.

Omega

Banned
Why do people always doubt Game Informer cover stories? They often reveal cool games. Bioshock comes to mind.
i don't ever get hyped. Sony hypes everything as the second coming of jesus and I learned awhile ago, if you need to generate hype beforehand its probably not that great

GI has been the same.

DocSeuss

i don't ever get hyped. Sony hypes everything as the second coming of jesus and I learned awhile ago, if you need to generate hype beforehand its probably not that great

GI has been the same.

What if you're really excited about something and want to tell everyone but can't really do it?

Wouldn't you start hyping? I know I would.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They had The Witcher 3 last month, so they can nab excellent cover stories.

Thief: Revelations?
Thief: Rising?
Thief: stealing?

THIEF UNLEASHED
unleashed.jpg

Truant

Not sure if the GI cover is Thief (it's not called Thief 4), but the game known as Thi4f will be announced this month.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What time will the cover be revealed? I really hope it is Thief.

Top Bottom