• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer cover tomorrow, next gen game reveal [Up3: Definitely Thief]

DaBuddaDa

So does anyone know much about Andy McNamara? Like, what franchises and such he likes? Something that would make him "personally thrilled?"

Well, Battlefield 4 was on press tours recently and unveiled this time of year last time, so I'll submit that as an option.

Yeah BF4 makes sense or maybe Dragon Age 3? Especially if they plan on doing anything with Dragon Age 3 at PAX this month, getting a GI cover story would be nice I'd imagine.

Ugh, Dragon Age or BF will be such a disappointment yet I know it's one of the two. GI did deliver with Witcher 3 though. It would be a funny troll if Nintendo revealed a game with GI.

Don't they usually do their cover reveals later in the week (Thursday or Friday)? Makes me think that we'll get official media for this game later in the week like we did with TW3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah BF4 makes sense or maybe Dragon Age 3? Especially if they plan on doing anything with Dragon Age 3 at PAX this month, getting a GI cover story would be nice I'd imagine.

I could definitely see Dragon Age 3, it's just that Battlefield 4 is like 100% for sure ready to be shown off since they actively are, whereas Dragon Age 3 seems like it's sort of ready, sort of not ready.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
IMHO, one between Battlefield 4 (that should be out for PS3 and 360 too, right?)and Dragon Age 3 (this seems exclusive to next gen, without PS360 SKUs).

JoshHood

Given it says "reveal" and not "announce", and there's no hype from any particular company so far aside from this, guessing its a game we know is coming but don't know much/anything about (Battlefield/Dragon Age/Destiny/The Last Guardian).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
IMHO, one between Battlefield 4 (that should be out for PS3 and 360 too, right?)and Dragon Age 3 (this seems exclusive to next gen, without PS360 SKUs).

We're pretty sure DA3 is next-gen only, but it's not totally guaranteed.

Battlefield 4 is absolutely cross-gen though. It makes no business sense for a near 20 million title to be exclusive to next-gen.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Battlefield 4 is absolutely cross-gen though. It makes no business sense for a near 20 million title to be exclusive to next-gen.
They're definitely going to be hyping up the next gen versions of BF4 though, especially if the Chinese Forum Rumors pan out. 1080p, 60fps, 64 player BF4 would be a killer launch title.

RoKKeR

Yeah, no way in hell BF4 is next-gen exclusive. The fact that BF4 already had a press tour makes me want to think that will be what we see tomorrow.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're definitely going to be hyping up the next gen versions of BF4 though, especially if the Chinese Forum Rumors pan out. 1080p, 60fps, 64 player BF4 would be a killer launch title.

Right, that's why I still feel it fits the title regardless.

Like I also expect we won't see an abundance of current gen media for Destiny going forward, since that's not the foot you really want to put forward.

DaBuddaDa

Any chance at all this is Respawn? I only ask because he says it's a next-gen game, and BF4 and other likely suggestions are cross-gen.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Right, that's why I still feel it fits the title regardless.

Like I also expect we won't see an abundance of current gen media for Destiny going forward, since that's not the foot you really want to put forward.
Agreed, especially if the current gen Destiny stuff looks like the clips in the ViDoc.

Top Bottom