• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer cover tomorrow, next gen game reveal [Up3: Definitely Thief]

Jb

But with Durango not officially unveiled why would EA announce BF4 if they have that partnership with MS?

Any chance at all this is Respawn? I only ask because he says it's a next-gen game, and BF4 and other likely suggestions are cross-gen.

Respawn's game is cross-gen as well

"Respawn intends to develop a multi-platform product that works on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC," the listing reads. "Its product will be based on new video game IP and will be funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts, one of the top publishers in the industry."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/09/24/new-game-from-respawn-is-multiplatform

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
But with Durango not officially unveiled why would EA announce BF4 if they have that partnership with MS?
It's probably just timed DLC exclusivity like PS3 had for BF3, no way is EA going exclusive. PC and PS4 versions can be talked about right now. They'll likely announce the DLC exclusivity window alongside gameplay footage at the Durango conference, if the rumors are true.

I also don't expect to see the current gen version of BF4 before the beta.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So since we've named out most of the obvious choices, is there anything that's been teased recently for reveal?

I guess there's Saints Row 4, but Deep Silver kind of implied that announcement is directly tied to PAX East.

While this was definitely true at one point, Respawn's twitter has gotten a bit cagey about this.

It'd be surprising if they dropped the current-gen versions. EA's said that they're going after CoD, but they can't hang with it if they limit their userbase. The next CoD will obviously be on all current and next-gen platforms, just like BF4.

Of course that all goes out the window if Respawn surprises us with something that isn't a FPS.

abundant

I would guess that it's an unannounced game? Better not be trolling with Watch_Dogs cover.

Because he said "revealed" and not "announced" means that its more likely to be a game we know is being made, but know nothing about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So since we've named out most of the obvious choices, is there anything that's been teased recently for reveal?

I guess there's Saints Row 4, but Deep Silver kind of implied that announcement is directly tied to PAX East.

GI cover seems like a bigger deal than PAX East though. It's why I think it's highly possible that it's announced here and they show a new trailer for PAX East? Course, I don't know how much Deep Silver is willing to spend for this stuff.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm really curious to see what Dragon Age 3 looks like given that twitter has made it apparent that a large number of Mass Effect senior staff (along with BioWare's giant bulk of staff that move between the series) is actually working on Dragon Age 3 now as well from combat designers to writers like Patrick Weekes. Then they've also been hiring a ton of people for Edmonton and Montreal as well. I think this might be one of those projects with "400+ contributors" DICE was referring to.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GI cover seems like a bigger deal than PAX East though. It's why I think it's highly possible that it's announced here and they show a new trailer for PAX East? Course, I don't know how much Deep Silver is willing to spend for this stuff.

I'm sure Deep Silver would love a Game Informer cover, I just don't know if they managed to get one.

It feels a bit odd to very heavily tease PAX ("Don't miss HUGE news!") if they're interested in a Game Informer debut, versus BioWare who just said "We might be there with Dragon Age 3."

Tucah

you speak so well
I'd love for it to be SR4 or something but that seems unlikely. DA3 or Battlefield 4 seem like the two most likely options.

Top Bottom