• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Game Informer Cover Tomorrow [Up: Batman: Arkham Knight website semi-up]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilferk

Neo Member
I'll wait for both reviews, and tech/glitch reports from other GAF'ers.

After Origins, and the myriad of tech issues that plagued it (and continue to plague it, esp on 360)...I don't care if it's by different devs, I'm out until they prove they can make a stable, playable game.

6b2dHFX.jpg

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/b...knight_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

So Scarecrow is the main villain? I guess the Easter Eggs in Arkham City actually will tie into this game. Next gen Hush coming soon.

Albo

According to GAME's listing, Arkham Knight is the "explosive finale" to the Arkham series, and sees return to face "the ultimate threat against the city he is sworn to protect. The Scarecrow returns to unite an impressive roster of super villains, including Penguin, Two-Face and Harley Quinn, to destroy The Dark Knight forever."

The game will also introduce "Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise. The addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City."

Hype rising!

After Origins, and the myriad of tech issues that plagued it (and continue to plague it, esp on 360)...I don't care if it's by different devs, I'm out until they prove they can make a stable, playable game.

Asylum and City were glitch-free and they were developed by Rocksteady so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem with Arkham Knight.

whoa cool box and if it's open world with bat mobile unlocked from the start B^)

really surprised by no last gen version but by release I can sorta see why

Alienous

Lol at the batmobile being front and center.

"There you go. Happy now?"

Also that Batman's looking more lithe. Good news.

Endo Punk

The game takes place in Gotham? Like the whole of Gotham? And no last gen version!? Batmobile!!!!?? Oh yeeeaaaaah, now if they can just keep Joker out of the game I can't wait to get my hands on it, Arkham or not.

Bgamer90

Banned

Did you play Arkham Asylum and/or City? They were completely fine. I fully trust rocksteady.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So excited for this, especially as its not cross-gen. Something tells me that that Arkham Origins existence is probably what kept this game next-gen only

Next gen only has my interest. I was a bit burnt out after Arkham CIty, but this has my attention.

Also rather pathetic if this is the OPM cover....

bbd23

Bought both games while they were on steam sale but found it hard to get into both...Interested to what see it looks like though

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So this is their last Arkham game? Maybe they will reboot it afterwards or just go for the long rumored Justice League game

Rocksteady has proved it already. I trust them with my unborn babies

ZeroX03

Banned

They did prove they can make a stable, playable game. They made Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Scarecrow is a great villain, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of story twists to keep things fresh. No Joker will help too.

DigitalOp

Banned
I bought Arkham City but I haven't even booted the damn game. I completed Asylum and left it at that. So I am MORE than ready for some Bats on PS4

here's to hoping this game is PS4, X1, PC only. i'd love to see the Arkham art style get a new code of graphical paint. i would be very pleased if it's announced the new batman game is running in the Unreal Engine 4. seeing something close to this type of fidelity would really set the mood for a Batman Arkham game. i feel like something of this detail would be very doable on the PS4 and X1, especially after seeing what Sucker Punch has been able to pull off with Infamous Second Son on the PS4.

Batman Arkham City CGI Trailer Screenshot
news_batman_arkham_city_vga_trailer-10299.jpg

Infamous Second Son In-Game Cinematic Screenshot
455200783_640.jpg

Could not get into Arkham Origins despite loving the first two games. However that wasn't by Rocksteady so I'm pretty excited about this game, especially as it appears to be a next-gen only title - perhaps we can finally get a Gotham City done right.

Alienous

They did prove they can make a stable, playable game. They made Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

Scarecrow is a great villain, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of story twists to keep things fresh. No Joker will help too.

With Scarecrow you know some dreamy shit will go down, likely involving Joker.

It'll be cool if the explore hallucinations in gameplay.

Mugy

Man i'm getting hyped just to looking at the boxart. I need a high-res Gameinformer full cover to set as wallpaper in my PC

Blader

Is it actually next-gen only or are these just the only SKUs revealed so far?

I find it really hard to believe that they're skipping PS360, especially if it's still on UE3.

Are we going to get a gameplay trailer today?

Doubtful. Typically Game Informer has the exclusive shots, which then launch a few days later on the web to other sites / mags and then a trailer is released a sometime later.

This can be seen with Evolve, The Order, The Witcher III, South Park Ect.

Slixshot

Banned
I hope so and after 3 games the core combat needs to be greatly enhanced. I trust Rocksteady will do just that.

2 Games. Rocksteady didn't make Origins, which essentially just took the combat from City and added a couple new combos. But the transition from Asylum to City was pretty great, so I trust Rocksteady will make a similar jump, as well. Now, here's to hoping the story isn't as convoluted as City.

ZeroX03

Banned
With Scarecrow you know some dreamy shit will go down, likely involving Joker.

It'll be cool if the explore hallucinations in gameplay.

This series has a massive hard-on for hallucinations, Scarecrow in AA, Mad Hatter in AC and Copperhead/Mad Hatter/Joker in AO. They really went overboard in that one.

But yeah, fear toxin-induced Joker seems like the best fit for if they have to shoehorn him in there.

Finallly! I hope they ditch the old UE3 and use UE4 this time and try to reach the quality of Arkham City intro (which they promised they could achieve it next-gen) or the UE4 Infiltrator demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom