• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New game/IP inspired by Uncharted, Rachet, and Zelda - possibly coming to PS4?

Since I am the "chick" in the video, ask away if you got questions.

Graphics/snimations are not finalised and cutscenes are displayed full in game. Will be high res versions.

But yeah, we are no naughty dog ;) there is only so much 10 indie devs can do.

its okay the game looks brilliant as it is. I have a couple questions:

a) have you found a partner yet?
b) I head there will be a total of 3 worlds with 9 dimensions. How many areas will be in each world? Like the bridge section in the 10 min demo, does that count as one world or is it part of a bigger world?

couldnt you just abuse the aqua dimension in the platforming? Im still watching but is there some kind of meter or does the level design change to prevent the abuse.

the levels change in appearance as well when you change dimensions so a certain platform or space may not be there in aqua mode. looks like you'll have to switch it up a bit. Also when moving around objects for puzzles you probably can't stay in aqua.

taizuke

I gotta say it looks pretty good. Loving the concept and the world. Character design could better but it looks awesome anyway.

As a fairly priced downloadable game i think it would be perfect.

Tash

They should setup a tech demo illustrating more elaborate puzzles and terrain options with this for their next showing.

The Demo is one hour long if you play through it. Unfortunately I did not have time to show the more involved aspects and went for the straight forward/easy to understand and show parts.

Has to be Wii U related, since iDÉAME is founded by Ninty.

Edit: and that must be running on Wii U

As others have noted, it's running on PC. We were the first developer to be invited without having a confirmed WiiU release (not for lack of Nintendo wanting it to be on WiiU, though ;))

Nintendo sponsors the event. I guess they already have a partner.

No, see above :)

i think wiiu is confirmed.... maybe
No, see above 2x

One of the developers is one of my best friends. I should ask ^^

Edit: unless she can't say yet.
Who are you? :D

Was that running on Wii U? The game looks great, congrats.

PC (well, notebook..)

The game looks very promising and a breath of fresh air! I was wondering if you have managed to find a publisher yet or if any platforms (console,...) have been decided upon yet?

Keep up the great work and fingers crossed that the game gets funded and released. It's nice to see this type of game being made (in the current game climate).

Thanks a lot :)
I am under NDA about specific discussions but lets just say alll the big ones we are interested in have not said "no" yet. The thing is that we still need quiet a bit of funding to polish everything up (as you guys mentioned, animation etc) and add the rest of the content. So we are not pitching it as a 3rd party game to them.

Keep it up, the game does look great :) Hope you can put it on as many platforms as possible, personally interested in PS4 though :p

Thank you! We hope so too :)

Anyway, the game is looking really good. If I had one complaint though, it's that the ledge hanging looks off and I think it's because of the animation. It just looks weird when you're hanging flat off a ledge and then suddenly jump to another ledge. Still, that's a fairly small detail and as you said, you're no Naughty Dog, so you have to work with what you can. Best of luck Tash (and your team), I hope you guys get signed and get your game out.

Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned, the animations and graphics (shaders, light, dof etc) still need polish and finalization. :)

couldnt you just abuse the aqua dimension in the platforming? Im still watching but is there some kind of meter or does the level design change to prevent the abuse.

No, there is a timed bar for running out of air. If you do not switch you drown. Later on you are able to expand that time with gadgets or through other means.

its okay the game looks brilliant as it is. I have a couple questions:

a) have you found a partner yet?
b) I head there will be a total of 3 worlds with 9 dimensions. How many areas will be in each world? Like the bridge section in the 10 min demo, does that count as one world or is it part of a bigger world?

the levels change in appearance as well when you change dimensions so a certain platform or space may not be there in aqua mode. looks like you'll have to switch it up a bit. Also when moving around objects for puzzles you probably can't stay in aqua.

a) no, in evaluation process at several studios, still
b) the bridge section is just a tiiiny part of a dimension. So it's like a 10th of a 3rd of one cluster/world. So the Dimension are all around the same size with the same overall landmarks but quite big and open world explorable. You have actual quest hubs and underground areas in the dimensions as well.

The fact that the dimension can look somewhat different is linked to the story you'll discover while playing through the game :)

Also for whoever said they hope it's not a short game: Planned game-play is around 10 to 12 hours.
And about the feedback about slow/sluggish movement/play: We agree and always have. It will be adjusted :) It's quite challenging to implement changes that supposedly seem easy to do but everything (how fast or how far you can swim, how fast you run and the physics involved) are all directly linked to the puzzles and how to solve them.

All the comments and feedback are very much appreciated.
To the ones hating the look or mechanics: well we can't please them all. Still appreciate the comments though. :)

GHG

Since I am the "chick" in the video, ask away if you got questions.

Graphics/snimations are not finalised and cutscenes are displayed full in game. Will be high res versions.

But yeah, we are no naughty dog ;) there is only so much 10 indie devs can do.

It looks great. Thanks for daring to be different during an age where every game seems to need to be shooter-centric. This is a great throwback to the classic platformer of old (Crash, Klona, Croc, Spyro, etc). Its been too long since we've had games like this release.

Don't listen to the haters who say it looks bland or slow, stay true to your original vision. I will be buying this when it hits the Ps4/ PC. Best of luck finding a publisher, but remember Steam is there and you can be profitable even if that is the first platform you relesse on.

It looks great. Thanks for daring to be different during an age where every game seems to need to be shooter-centric. This is a great throwback to the classic platformer of old (Crash, Klona, Croc, Spyro, etc). Its been too long since we've had games like this release.

Don't listen to the haters who say it looks bland or slow, stay true to your original vision. I will be buying this when it hits the Ps4/ PC. Best of luck finding a publisher, but remember Steam is there and you can be profitable even if that is the first platform you relesse on.

yeah but they still need funding to finish the game, so they're shopping around for a partner. If they release on steam beforehand it might close off some other potential funding source.

yeah but they still need funding to finish the game, so they're shopping around for a partner. If they release on steam beforehand it might close off some other potential funding source.

Think that's the problem with Sony's PubFund. They offer to reimburse costs after the game has been made rather than help support the game during development, though I'm wondering if SCEE has a similar incubation program like SCEA and thatgamecompany/Giant Sparrow. Hope this does get to a Sony system as I can't see myself picking up a WiiU and I'm on the fence about Durango.

Tash

Ahh! That's great, thanks! Do you guys have an approximate release date?

We are still about a year away even if we can sign a deal right now. While most mechanics are in place there is still a lot of content that needs to get in game (characters, story and areas).

So the faster we (hopefully) manage to convince someone that we are worth it and can pull it off the faster we can release :)

So, fingers crossed!
If everything goes to hell I still have a contingency plan..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If/When the game is in a state deemed fit for public consumption, it could be chucked up on Greenlight as an Early Access title. Obviously this doesn't completely negate the need for additional funding, but, assuming the game is greenlit, it is a way to get some cash flow while development is ongoing.

flippedb

Banned
We are still about a year away even if we can sign a deal right now. While most mechanics are in place there is still a lot of content that needs to get in game (characters, story and areas).

So the faster we (hopefully) manage to convince someone that we are worth it and can pull it off the faster we can release :)

So, fingers crossed!
If everything goes to hell I still have a contingency plan..

Good luck with that! I'm looking forward to your game.

Looks really interesting. The dimensions switch is a concept very similar to other things we've already seen but you seem to have implemented it in a good way.

Can't wait to see more and of course to know when and on which system I could buy your game :)
(Wii U version would be nice but I'll buy it on another console if I own it).

Unity engine can do pretty good things in a lot of different game genres. Good thing.

SykoTech

Title makes it sound like my dream game, especially with the Ratchet & Clank nod.

As for the game itself, looks pretty neat. Artstyle and characters don't seem that great, but it could be a pretty cool 3D platformer.

Akira_83

Banned
artistically and technically it looks like a 360 launch title

actually Kameo looks better in both aspects

but hey, if its one of those collectathon style platformers i would be interested

i miss the days of banjo kazooie and donkey kong 64

wouwie

There's a poll on their facebook page about which platform you want to see the game released. Now is the time to show interest in this game for your favourite platform(s) :)

BigDug13

You mean a game that's going to cost a few bucks doesn't have the graphics power of a $60 next gen release? You don't say.

Ashes

Banned
how does name dropping inspirations give a game credibility? What game doesn't inspire to be like the industry trendsetters/greats?

Tash

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)
Talking to lots of interested parties at the moment. So fingers crossed.
Obviously they are busy with E3 right now so we will hopefully hear back from them after the show. (Would have loved to be in LA, damnit..)

Anyway, EP Daily put up some new coverage with me from GDC if someone is interested :)

Also, the polish of the game is nowhere near finished. Also we are rendering the cut-scenes in game right now, which means they are lacking the actual high poly models and props for close-ups.

how does name dropping inspirations give a game credibility? What game doesn't inspire to be like the industry trendsetters/greats?

It doesn't, nor are we using it as such. But it works as an elevator pitch and a hook to talk about the game, obviously. We are inspired by those games for one reason or another and are not hiding it.

edit: please let me know if it's not OK to post links like this and I remove it. Don't mean to pitch :)

Top Bottom