• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New gameplay video of RAGE (The Well)

sflufan

Banned
I see actual gore now!

Does this mean that they've scrapped the incredibly stupid idea of aiming for a "T" rating?

mm04

I haven't seen footage in quite some time since all of the general outcry about downgrades etc., but I was pretty impressed with what I saw. My PC is ready!

golly the shooting looks so good. the way enemies react towards the precise location you shot them, now dat's real hit detection. beautiful, gorgeous headshots. the power of the guns. i don't even need to play it to know that it feels amazing. that's just not id's pedigree, that's pure programming talent. praise them.

TommyT

Looking good. Been trying to blackout coverage on this one in anticipation but after working out with some of their guys today and talking about it I had to bite. Still hyped and understand they need to tighten some things up, but game looks exciting and fun!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Every video makes this game look better and better. Looks great, love the art direction and the mega textures show their strength (and some of their weaknesses:p).

Looks like an Id game thats for sure, can't wait to play it.

Definitely fix those low-res textures.

Also, anyone notice the slightly rough, sketchy look around things, like some of the art is just popping off the guns, walls, etc. Love it. Borderlands had the same sort of thing going on too.

scorpscarx said:
Also, anyone notice the slightly rough, sketchy look around things, like some of the art is just popping off the guns, walls, etc. Love it. Borderlands had the same sort of thing going on to.

nuclear radiation is meta-melting the graphix

Nafai1123

Banned
Hopefully they are showing off the pc version with shitty textures so the console versions don't look like crap in comparison.

Edit: That def looks like it was either being played on a console or being played on pc with a controller. The character does not move like a m/kb player at all.

Gilgamesh

ChuckNoLuck said:
With the way he was aiming and how he pulled off perfect headshots at the end??

That was definitely a mouse.
No, it was absolutely a gamepad. You can tell by the turning speed and look sensitivity, which were horrendous. I don't know why anyone would want to play a FPS without KB/M.

It's clearly on a gamepad. You can tell from how smooth the movement speeds change (watch after the first electrobolt into the pool).

The gibbing animations were glorious, especially on the meaty sniper headshot. The combat looks interesting. I especially like the variety of off-hand weapons. The wingsticks look great, but it seems there was also an explosive that never got used.

Tip for speedrunners: to skip the ammo change reload switch guns, then switch to the ammo you want.

Grayman said:
Where does it say about the pre order bonus?

I could be wrong but I don't think that Fallout, New Vegas, or Brink had anything actually exclusive to a pre order. The Brink stuff was skins on other items and the fallout stuff was starting with it in your pack or w/e.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/rage-anarchy-edition/75619

Looks like its tied to the 'Anarchy Edition'

Check out the Rage page on Steam too. Details there...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

I hope I don't have to pre-order to get the double barrel :(

Holy fuck that looks amazing.

Day one.

The enemies, weapons, hit reactions, sounds, iron sights, ammo types etc all looked incredible. The level design concerned me a little - I'm really hoping we see some Quake style secret rooms and the like. Also the Quake Crayons sound effect almost made me jizz my pants - that's how you do a fucking gameplay demo.

Sold.

Hixx

That video has made this go from it being stuck on my Lovefilm list to probably being bought the day it comes out. Excellent!

Kibbles

What's with the call of duty style textures? Ew...

[edit] Well the video looks nice, those pics turned me off.

Grinchy

Banned
I've shit on this game before based on gameplay videos, but that one actually turned my opinion around.

Walking around the city and seeing the people act/animate in such convincing ways really adds a ton to the immersion IMO. It's kind of an ugly game, but it looks like a much more 3-dimensional and alive version of Fallout 3 to me.

Madrical

Banned
I'll definitely be picking it up for PC, gameplay looks super solid. I agree the textures are pretty low resolution, but that's not going to stop me purchasing it and enjoying the hell out of it. Definitely loving the Doom and Quake references too. It'd be pretty funny to find out at the end that it's based in the same universe as Doom, and then you get attacked by a bunch of pinkies.

Actually, that'd be incredibly lame. But anyway.

Day 1 on Steam.

Er, just went to Steam to check out the pricing, and this photo was in the gallery.

ragesteam.jpg

Comparison:

image_rage-15849-1716_0003.jpg

commissar

id said in the recent edge interview that the "tight" gameplay is mainly due to really really efficient code. Makes it far more responsive. Add bullet impacts and great sound effects for extra credit.

KingK

The animation looks pretty godly, and the graphics, from a technical perspective, look pretty damn good. But I'm just not getting excited about this game. I'm not sure if it's the gameplay or art style, but my reaction to everything released about it has been "meh."

Frankfurt

Banned
They finally uploaded this video to the Marketplace. Just queued it. I wonder if they're uploading 30fps or 60fps versions.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
IoCaster said:
Looks like fun. I've always loved the feel of id games.

single best thing about every proper id games vs epic and others of the time,the gunplay feels so much more solid.

Any good preorder discounts? I missed putting this on the futureshop 20dollars off E3 preorder but definately want to get it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe this game is nearly out! It's gonna be insane in the membrane!

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
60Dollar preorder price on Digital?
Sigh, sorry id. I love ya, bought everything you made since wolfenstein but I won't support any game at 60Dollars on PC with a Day one purchase.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Games cost 60$ now. For better or worse.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Jtwo said:
Games cost 60$ now. For better or worse.

Hmm not really ..lots of preorder discounts out there and well After release sales happen I wouldn't doubt there will be a Christmas 10bucks off type sale. I'll buy it..just not day 1.
For example.
kams6c.jpg

metalshade

I just saw the vid for the various weapons etc in RAGE, and I just realised, all games I ever play, I always use very little of my available arsenal. I only ever use headshots too.
Am I missing something? I very rarely use anything aside from the starting pistol/long range rifle.

Vire

Looks great...

Shame there is so much stuff coming out right around the same time.

This may have to wait.

metalshade said:
I just saw the vid for the various weapons etc in RAGE, and I just realised, all games I ever play, I always use very little of my available arsenal. I only ever use headshots too.
Am I missing something? I very rarely use anything aside from the starting pistol/long range rifle.
yes you are missing something, actually several things, if previous id games (or many other PC fps before this gen) are anything to go by, you have to use your arsenal by adapting them to situation/enemy/etc.

however, after seeing what happened to Duke Nukem 4 fever, I don't know how consolized it has gotten and if you'll be able to carry all your weapons at all. If not, you'll probably won't miss much.

Akainu

I think Peace Walker had the only shotgun in a game I've played that wasn't completely useless range wise. I'm sure it helped that the enemies weren't either dead or alive.

Top Bottom