• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatline

Banned
Dead weight? Come on now. Winston had enough decent episodes during the second season to justify him hanging around.

Both the character and actor are not funny. It looks like the producers panicked after Wayans left and hired as fast as they could while the writers that had spent plenty of time on Coach's character didn't have time to create a new one that was interesting. Winston is the most bland unfunny character on the show (and that includes Cece).

I disliked Coach. I love Winston.

whynotboth.jpg

What was wrong with Coach? I thought he was a solid enough character especially considering it was a Pilot episode. He's probably the character with the least glaringly bad dialogue and personality considering how every character started.

valeo

Both the character and actor are not funny. It looks like the producers panicked after Wayans left and hired as fast as they could while the writers that had spent plenty of time on Coach's character didn't have time to create a new one that was interesting. Winston is the most bland unfunny character on the show (and that includes Cece).

So completely wrong. I would understand that opinion if you only watched the first season - but he's really come into his own lately.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Winston is great, I can't imagine the show being better without him.

lunchtoast

Sorry no update, but last week I went through seasons 1 & 2. Great show. Has a Community/30 rock kind of vibe. I saw it on Netflix and decided to give it a shot out of boredom, thinking it would be all about Zooey being dorky. Glad it was more about just friends living together. The whole Nick/Jess thing during season 2 got kind of annoying. Probably would have been worse if I wasn't binge watching. Schmidt is the best character. Best lines by far. Winston is good too but suffers from black character who just stands by for advice. Great chemistry from everyone, and I loved the guest spots.

I like how the episodes start right where the last one left off, and references past episodes. I'm surprised Fox let them do that.

big ander

Sorry no update, but last week I went through seasons 1 & 2. Great show. Has a Community/30 rock kind of vibe. I saw it on Netflix and decided to give it a shot out of boredom, thinking it would be all about Zooey being dorky. Glad it was more about just friends living together. The whole Nick/Jess thing during season 2 got kind of annoying. Probably would have been worse if I wasn't binge watching. Schmidt is the best character. Best lines by far. Winston is good too but suffers from black character who just stands by for advice. Great chemistry from everyone, and I loved the guest spots.

I like how the episodes start right where the last one left off, and references past episodes. I'm surprised Fox let them do that.
Nick and Jess worked better spread out, it was doled out very well.

Not sure what you mean by the last part. I don't think every episode of New Girl picks up seconds after the last one, unless I somehow missed that structural choice. It's always seemed to move in the same time frame as every other sitcom. And I'm having trouble thinking of a sitcom that doesn't have running jokes and plots, it's not like NG's are particularly dense

Hindle

Banned
I'm watching this at UK speed, and there's some inspired casting choices. Jaime Lee Curtis was pretty funny in her scenes.

The whole Nick/Jess will they won't they could be seen from miles away though. Apart from that, the shows getting better and better.

So a messed up version of the wedding outfit? Wonder what happened after she and Nick left.

But this was the best part of your link:

"There are a lot of actresses who are unhealthy-skinny -- much, much too skinny," she explained. "I’m a very small person, and if I lost 15 pounds, I’d look like them; it’s scary. For young girls, what does that say? You need to look this way to be successful? That’s not true. You do not need to look or be anorexic to be successful in Hollywood. The range of what’s acceptable is larger than what people believe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom