• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I like Elizabeth. She was my favorite character when I used to watch Nurse Jackie in the first season. She also reminds me of my ex. (Whom I was dating during that first season) Well, during the good parts of the relationship. So much that I really hope Schmidt doesn't hurt her somehow. Else we're gonna have words.

I am so glad Fox hasn't "Fox'd" this show like they always do. It's nice to see a good Fox show that actually sticks around.

davidnic

wilsonofu2s.gif

Love this part also when Wilson said's "I will buy my own birthday cake!"

Magni

Really liking those AVC reads, but this confused me a bit at first:

DF: I had gone to, for my first anniversary with my wife, Two Bunch Palms out in Palm Springs, where The Player was shot. They do this thing called Watsu, which is a water-massage thing. It’s what we used in the episode, so what happened to Nick is what happened to me, but in a much creepier way. We were putting on our clothes, putting on our shirts and shoes, and it was very quiet between the masseuse and I, and he said, “I had you opened up like a mermaid”—and it was a really odd moment.

A masseuse is a woman, if it's a guy it's a masseur! /petpeeve

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Which episode is it that has Winston talking about Quiddich at a bar I believe it was. I love that line and scene so much. There was a GIF of it too.

Linius

If that was any other girl besides Zooey, no one would listen to it. It's reallllly bad, and I love me some zooey

That's just not true. And don't present your opinion as a fact the next time you comment on music. It makes you look pretty arrogant.

M. Ward's a good musician and Zooey's got a great voice. She & Him aren't going to blow any minds buuuuuut they're good enough.

New album seems a lot better, too.

Bladenic

M. Ward's a good musician and Zooey's got a great voice. She & Him aren't going to blow any minds buuuuuut they're good enough.

New album seems a lot better, too.

I've only heard Volume 1, I had no idea 3 was coming out until I saw it on Spotify. Will listen to it and Volume 2.

I love Zooey on New Girl and many other movies, but holy shit is that music awful. Not going to pretend that it's not subjective. If you love it, you love it. I just think its ridiculously bad, and agree that if it wasn't her, that group wouldn't get anywhere near the pub they get simply because she's in it.

big ander

idk it's hard to tell if the reactions to that song are 1) ridiculously childish put downs in presuming she only got music work because of other fame 2) simply not knowledgable of the low bar for like, making music is; she and him isn't incredibly famous or anything guys the band's level of acclaim isn't top-tier and the kind of music they make (throwback 60s pop with country/singer-songwriter influences) is not without similarly famous colleagues 3) both.

so thinking the only reason that music is well-known is previous fame either maliciously presumptuous or exemplifying ignorance and being completely out of step with culture in general or both

idk it's hard to tell if the reactions to that song are 1) ridiculously childish put downs in presuming she only got music work because of other fame 2) simply not knowledgable of the low bar for like, making music is; she and him isn't incredibly famous or anything guys the band's level of acclaim isn't top-tier and the kind of music they make (throwback 60s pop with country/singer-songwriter influences) is not without similarly famous colleagues 3) both.

so thinking the only reason that music is well-known is previous fame either maliciously presumptuous or exemplifying ignorance and being completely out of step with culture in general or both

Uh no. It gets tons of mentions/reviews in magazines like Entertainment Weekly for one reason and one reason only - Zoe. I don't have a problem with it. There's thousands of groups/duos making the same mediocre music getting zero pub,though. Can't blame them for capitalizing on her name. Ignorance would be claiming they've gotten the notoriety simply off the back of their music.

Sane_Man

Uh no. It gets tons of mentions/reviews in magazines like Entertainment Weekly for one reason and one reason only - Zoe. I don't have a problem with it. There's thousands of groups/duos making the same mediocre music getting zero pub,though. Can't blame them for capitalizing on her name. Ignorance would be claiming they've gotten the notoriety simply off the back of their music.

How are they capitalizing on her name? She & Him have been making music for years. She wasn't even well known when the first album came out. It wasn't really until New Girl that she has become well known.

Zooey and M. Ward were friends and both talented musicians and decided to make music together. Music runs in her family. It's not like she become a big famous actor and then decided to try her hand at music because she was famous.

Also, the first two albums have no reference to Zooey at all on the album sleeves. No picture. No name. If they thought they could make the band a success based purely on her fame then they weren't doing a very good job of it.

big ander

You can make the same argument the other direction and note that ew and other media also cover other twee bands (because they really do) but you only notice their she and him coverage because of zoey EDIT: and I'm not saying zoey being in the band doesn't make the group more visible, of couse it does. the assertion that she's the ONLY reason the band gets any coverage at all is ridiculously silly.

You can make the same argument the other direction and note that ew and other media also cover other twee bands (because they really do) but you only notice their she and him coverage because of zoey EDIT: and I'm not saying zoey being in the band doesn't make the group more visible, of couse it does. the assertion that she's the ONLY reason the band gets any coverage at all is ridiculously silly.

If I said it was the only reason, I apologize. It's a large reason. An unfair advantage, some would say, but I don't care about that. Use any advantage you can get, imo.

I love how's there's 3 different spellings of Zooey in the last 3 posts

Not our fault her sickly quirkiness extends to even how she spells her name. =)

And on another note: FINALE NIGHT! Whoot. Chavrang getting the boot? Shitty sitcom cliffhanger involving Jess and Nick? Wilson gets more than 5 lines?

Not our fault her sickly quirkiness extends to even how she spells her name. =)

blame her parents, Wiki says that's her birth name

Anyway, tonight's episode is going to be a cracker given how well they've handled this season. Tying those knots, son. They mean BIDNIZZ.

If Cece is going to actually marry Chavrang, they should give her character a show on a network I dont have access to. The only thing interesting about her was her roommate Nadia, and her relationship with Schmidt. If that goes away, she should too. Give the time spent on her to Wilson.

If Cece is going to actually marry Chavrang, they should give her character a show on a network I dont have access to. The only thing interesting about her was her roommate Nadia, and her relationship with Schmidt. If that goes away, she should too. Give the time spent on her to Wilson.

She's going nowhere; can't say the same for Shivrang, this whole thing seems destined to fail. They won't even bone, plus [FINALE SPECULATION]
isn't Taylor Swift playing his ex
?

Linius

Shrerang (see what I did there?) is a total waste of air time if you ask me. I never tought highly of that part of the story. Just give us some Cece and Schmidt magic please. And indeed, Nadia!

jNxuah9.gif

Nadia is wonderful. One of the biggest laughs I've had this series is her out-of-nowhere YOLO in "Models". That and her scene with "M. Night Shyamalan".

With the chances of USA picking up Happy Endings all but dead now, I wonder what the odds of Coach at least making an appearance are next season.

Nadia is wonderful. One of the biggest laughs I've had this series is her out-of-nowhere YOLO in "Models". That and her scene with "M. Night Shyamalan".

For me it's her oblivious offensiveness when it comes to Jews.

Jew in the couch! Jew in the couch!
Hello, Jew!

Should we really want Coach to make an appearance? The guy only did one episode :p

I do. As an actor he has more personality and charisma in that one episode than Lamorne displayed for much of the full 2 seasons. Part of that is just Damon being a much better comedian/actor, and the other is the fact that the showrunner and writers appear to have zero clue how to write for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom