• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous, fantastic episode. That ending was great. I was expecting this to be a bit of a throwaway episode, but nope, it finally happened.

Hold on. If Schmidt only left Elizabeth after he got skinny... then why was fat Schmidt trying to hit on Cece at the bar?

Jess's storytelling skills are BULLSHIT

Teenage Nick and Winston in the hotel with the hookers was my favorite part. Also loved Winston complaining about white people when college Nick was talking about being a DMB fan.

Concept17

Teenage Nick and Winston in the hotel with the hookers was my favorite part. Also loved Winston complaining about white people when college Nick was talking about being a DMB fan.

Yup, quite possibly Winston's best episode so far. Braces Nick was pretty awesome too.

Having them reacts to the flashbacks as they were happening was an inspired move. I loved them all booing to Jess and guitar dude's song.

jb1234

Wonderful episode. I felt so bad for Nick when Jess' dad reamed him but it seemed to work out in the end...

Tonight wasn't the finale I presume? I thought it was going into the episode.

Next week is the finale I believe.

Another good episode tonight, curious to see how they end the season next week. I remember not being a fan of the narrative choices for the finale last season, we'll see how this season fairs.

Another really great episode. My favorite lines:

"I don't know how you get a podcast, but you should do it."

"This is my birthday cake and you all aint havin' none!"

"Should you be eating that with a body like yours?"

Linius

inbKmqwyjvnET.gif
ibhPKAmvMjp2E0.gif

ibtCcnMNxCnhSL.gif

One without the text.

ib67rGYwPVgAF.gif

Oh and I must say that Winston had a great part in this episode despite he hadn't had many lines. He really delivered.

Salaadin

Oh and I must say that Winston had a great part in this episode despite he hadn't had many lines. He really delivered.

Definitely. Hes been good this late rhalf the season but especially good in these past 2 episodes. I think young Winston fixing his afro is one of my favorite moments.

I loved the interactions between Nick and Jess' dad too. He sounded so confident when he told him that Yolanda was really Jess...and then his scream when her dad threatened to kill him. Lol.

Bladenic

Poor Winston :(

I feel like the writers did it on purpose to poke fun of how Winston is more of a satellite character that is often forgotten about.

Interview with Liz Meriwether and the other show runners about putting together season 2.

Great stuff in there about abandoned story ideas and how things changed through production. And also notes from the network about the acceptable amount of jiggling body parts.

Most interesting bit is how the impetus to go way more into Nick's character came from their boss at the network. That was felt like such a natural development for what was kind of a corporate push- or maybe it just shows how much the higher-ups understand the show.

Most interesting bit is how the impetus to go way more into Nick's character came from their boss at the network. That was felt like such a natural development for what was kind of a corporate push- or maybe it just shows how much the higher-ups understand the show.

And how good the showrunning staff is that they handled it so well.

And how good the showrunning staff is that they handled it so well.

It all seems like the behind-the-scenes stuff is this really good symbiotic process that clearly works a treat. Reading this piece now, it's clear they're very smart people.

I love it when the A.V. Club does these features- I adored their Community S2 (S3?) breakdown, similarly.

It all seems like the behind-the-scenes stuff is this really good symbiotic process that clearly works a treat. Reading this piece now, it's clear they're very smart people.

I love it when the A.V. Club does these features- I adored their Community S2 (S3?) breakdown, similarly.

I can't wait until they start talking about the latter half of the season.

I'm glad they admitted "Neighbors" was a bit shit. The ending with Winston in the bathroom with the ski was hilarious, but the rest, ehhhhhhhhh...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to them taking about Cooler, given it seemed to have gone through like a billion different iterations.

I didn't know people hated Neighbors. When did this happen?

The prank stuff is hilarious, both with Nick and Winston, but the A-plot is let down by being centred around a bunch of stereotype guest character. I never felt they went anywhere with the whole "Schmidt's gettin' old" story and it seems they concede as much in the AV Club piece.

It's a B- episode in a A season.

Is "Neighbors" the episode with the douchebags down the hall whose mothers still did their laundry? If so, I'll agree that it was an awful episode. The only part I enjoyed was when they all showed up to the neighbors apartment and Nick did a quick circle and said something like, "Yeahhh I'm not doing this" and Winston followed him out.

Linius

That's the one. And mainly because those kids were so fake cool it was just dumb. Schmidt is too awesome for them anyways.

Schmidt dating that girl is just ridiculous. I can't suspend my disbelief for it. Whenever I see the two of them together I'm reminded I'm watching a TV show.

Elizabeth is a very good character to bring to the show. That stark contrast between her and Cece is massively important to Schmidt's development.

I can see her simply being the wake-up call Schmidt needs to finally not disappoint Cece, but I hope she isn't. She better stick around.

Bladenic

Elizabeth is a very good character to bring to the show. That stark contrast between her and Cece is massively important to Schmidt's development.

I can see her simply being the wake-up call Schmidt needs to finally not disappoint Cece, but I hope she isn't. She better stick around.

I like Elizabeth but Schmidt/Cece forever.

Hindle

Banned
I'm watching this at UK speed, 7 episodes in so far. The show justs keep getting better, Carla Guigno was smoking in her cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom