• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Yeah, that's true I guess. I wish they would have done more with Winston, but I still like him.

I wonder if they can sign some wonderful guest stars for next season.

Bladenic

Yeah, that's true I guess. I wish they would have done more with Winston, but I still like him.

I wonder if they can sign some wonderful guest stars for next season.

We got some good ones this season, but I honestly think many were underused or misused.

How long until the episode now?

We got some good ones this season, but I honestly think many were underused or misused.

Giving Bill Burr and Nick Kroll nothing to do but goof off in the background for most of an episode was a crying shame. That said, this is getting to be a lot more of a "tight-knit" show, so I'm not expecting or even particularly wanting many great guest turns.

Kiiiiiinda why I'm antsy about Taylor Swift tonight. She's easily the show's biggest guest star but a) feels like there's a million more important things to focus on, and b) can she even act?

Bladenic

Giving Bill Burr and Nick Kroll nothing to do but goof off in the background for most of an episode was a crying shame. That said, this is getting to be a lot more of a "tight-knit" show, so I'm not expecting or even particularly wanting many great guest turns.

Kiiiiiinda why I'm antsy about Taylor Swift tonight. She's easily the show's biggest guest star but a) feels like there's a million more important things to focus on, and b) can she even act?

Yeah I'm curious to see what she'll do, but I imagine her role is rather large considering it's titled after her character. My guess?
She'll be the one to stand up or oppose the wedding.

Thank you. This show doesn't need celebrity guest spots. It needs more Schmidt, Nick, and Wilson.

So did anyone else think that episode was incredible? Because that might have been one of my favorite episodes of this show thus far.

And seriously, Winston was definitely the MVP tonight. Between the last few episodes, it seems him and the writers have finally found a character on par with Nick and Shmidt.

big ander

Great finale, though the Nick and Jess calling it off thing was clearly not going to stick. Emotional beats worked well, the entire thing pushed the absurdity without teetering over the edge, plenty of great jokes. Apt way to send off the season.

GQman2121

Banned
Good season. I thought the last two episodes were lacking though.

The wedding had to happen (until it didn't have to happen) because they've been building up to it for so long, but of course they were never going to go through with it.

jb1234

I found it a little boring, honestly. I barely laughed and found the resolution to the Cece/Shivrang plotline too scripted. The Nick/Jess stuff was okay but I'm not a fan of how that seemed to consume most of the episode when I was more interested in the actual wedding.

This was still my favorite season of all the comedies I watched this year.

Loved the episode. All the slapstick worked for me. Winston was the star of the episode comedically, with Schmidt's reaction faces a close second. Happy with the cliffhanger, and incredibly happy with what they didn't make a cliffhanger. Great end to a tremendous season.

big ander

What would you all have preferred for the cameo? Is your hate coming solely from the fact that it was swift? Don't really get that. the sub-1 minute gag wasn't dependent on knowing Swift or anything. And I thought she was decently funny.

Linius

Great finale guys. Winston the prank master, the more you know. Nick quoting cotton eye joe in the last scene was brilliant. And I've seen Coldplay in Rotterdam twice, I feel you Schmidt :p

6Ko.gif
igOMyJNxfKcif.gif

Need a gif of Schmidt's facial reaction to Jess when Cotton Eye Joe starts playing. Great stuff. I also love his reaction to getting smacked twice.

Salaadin

Good finale. A little cliche but I still really liked it.
I think I said it before but this whole "Winston sucks at pranks" thing is so funny. Crawl into the vents and drop a badger onto the priest? Lol.
I also loved Winstons "Hey bartender, can you call an ambulance? Im about to bleed out. *smiles* Thanks, man!"

I lost my shit when Cotton Eye Joe started blasting through the building. Amazing. Gonna be hard waiting for the third season.

Also, fuck Rob Reiner.

davidnic

Great finale guys. Winston the prank master, the more you know. Nick quoting cotton eye joe in the last scene was brilliant. And I've seen Coldplay in Rotterdam twice, I feel you Schmidt :p

6Ko.gif

Awesome Finale, Winston was great this episode we need more of him

Just caught up and watched the finale last night. Great show. Winston being able to run amok was great. Jess's reaction - the flat "oh my God" - when she learned that Winston was running the prank... priceless.

I can't remember the line that prompted it, but all the others were disgusted, yet Winston responded with "Let's hear him out." He needs better storylines, but he's definitely getting some good lines.

Jitters

I think the show would be a little over-crowded if Coach came back full time. Its got to just be a several episode story arc.

Then again, Happy Endings had more characters than New Girl and pulled it off, so I don't know. Anyway, I happy to see him back.

I think the show would be a little over-crowded if Coach came back full time. Its got to just be a several episode story arc.

Then again, Happy Endings had more characters than New Girl and pulled it off, so I don't know. Anyway, I happy to see him back.

Wherever I read about it (AV Club maybe?), they said he wasn't joining as a full-time cast member. They made it sound like a big multi-arc guesting role and then maybe a recurring guest as the show goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom