• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Nizz

Snipes424 said:
I thought tonight's episode of GTTV was about God of War 3? I guess I was a wrong.
I thought the same. Last night, I was doing well in MW2, saw it was 12:30 and turned off the PS3 and turned on the satellite receiver. Caught the last five minutes of MANswers :)lol) and was ready to see some GoW goodness on screen.

Then Geoff pops up on screen and says "got a 360?" then said something to the effect of we've got you covered with X10. :(

I don't own a 360, still watched the show. Halo Reach and Alan Wake are looking pretty cool. Oh, and the show needs more Amanda Mackay on screen. Gorgeous girl. I'll be tuning in next week for the GoW 3 goods.

xtheEnemy said:
same here.

And if GoWIII really tops U2, then I guess we'll see tons of Holy Shit Impressions from GAF as well right ?. :lol

You bet i'll be compiling a list of impressions just like I did for Uncharted 2. I am sure GoW3 will also be generating a lot of "Holy Shit" impressions as well!

On a side note, does anyone know yet who is making the official thread?

reKon

Banned
Man, I can't wait for round 2 of the holy shit impressions. I'm certain that this game will be insane! It will really depend on how many moments/set pieces are in God of War III. This is because as far am I'm concerned whenever I play I'm saying in my head "shit" or "daaaaaaaammnnn" everytime I pull off something insane or destroy the fuck out of a boss after beating it :lol

.GqueB.

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
I wonder if the reviews will dock points for no multiplayer....you know its gonna happen.
They'll dock points for that and no coop as well. Two of your friends should be able to play as his blades. Seems like a given to me.

Nizz

.GqueB. said:
They'll dock points for that and no coop as well. Two of your friends should be able to play as his blades. Seems like a given to me.
That's a trend I really don't get. Does every game really need multiplayer/co-op? I feel like there should always be a place for single player games.

Sometimes I like a game to just take me on a great ride. Without having to compete against someone. Or having to babysit some AI partner instead of just worrying about myself. Games like the God of War series don't need any of that whatsoever imo.

Sure, co-op is fine for some games. And a lot of people really seem to dig that feature. And I love multiplayer in some games. I play MW2 a lot, but that game/genre lends itself well to competitive online. Reviewers should take this into consideration and not be seen as a negative regarding GoW3.

It would seem really weird if reviews go "yeah, GoW3 is a great game. Great graphics, controls. Cool story. But it doesn't have multiplayer/co-op". Not having multiplayer/co-op should never be seen as a negative for a game like GoW3.

BeeDog

Khrno said:
I want to confirm that Aphrodite's
boobs have more polygons than Kratos' head.

Oh, and a first time playthrough seems to be around 9 hours long.

Where are you getting this from?

fps fanatic said:
That's a trend I really don't get. Does every game really need multiplayer/co-op? I feel like there should always be a place for single player games.

Sometimes I like a game to just take me on a great ride. Without having to compete against someone. Or having to babysit some AI partner instead of just worrying about myself. Games like the God of War series don't need any of that whatsoever imo.

Sure, co-op is fine for some games. And a lot of people really seem to dig that feature. And I love multiplayer in some games. I play MW2 a lot, but that game/genre lends itself well to competitive online. Reviewers should take this into consideration and not be seen as a negative regarding GoW3.

It would seem really weird if reviews go "yeah, GoW3 is a great game. Great graphics, controls. Cool story. But it doesn't have multiplayer/co-op". Not having multiplayer/co-op should never be seen as a negative for a game like GoW3.
What they can do is come up with something like Batman: Arkham Asylum did. Challenge maps with leaderboards.

Aww man, I just wish PS3 had a better start so that this game could sell a whole lot more than it will actually sell. I feel like a lot of the people that bought GoW 1 & 2 on PS2 own XBOX360 and not the PS3 and I do not think they will buy a PS3 just for GoW III (even though I think they should)

The PS3 owners are not buying the awesome PS3 exclusives, like the 360 owners buy the 360 exclusives.

Eliciel

I'm still finding myself watching that trailer over and over again....CHAAAAAOOOS WILL RIIIISE AGAIN! ^^

daaammmn I'm sooo sold on GOW III:lol

but I won't watch the announced GTTV Media Blowout in 25/2...no interest in getting everything spoiled again...Uncharted 2 would have been that much better without knowing e.g. train scene..

RavenFox

Banned
.GqueB. said:
:lol :lol
X-Burner said:
I hope that gametrailers special next thursday doesn't reveal that much of the story :p
If your worried that it will then don't watch it. GAF will fill you in if it has spoilers or not and then you can always watch it after.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kos Luftar said:
Aww man, I just wish PS3 had a better start so that this game could sell a whole lot more than it will actually sell. I feel like a lot of the people that bought GoW 1 & 2 on PS2 own XBOX360 and not the PS3 and I do not think they will buy a PS3 just for GoW III (even though I think they should)

The PS3 owners are not buying the awesome PS3 exclusives, like the 360 owners buy the 360 exclusives.
Get out.

Kos Luftar said:

why don't you just buy your copy, play the game and let sony and it's shareholders worry about that?
or do you have stock in SCE?

Yoboman

Kos Luftar said:

Did you do some research on this or something?:lol

LiquidMetal14 said:

:'(
Why?

kazuma_pt said:
why don't you just buy your copy, play the game and let sony and it's shareholders worry about that?
or do you have stock in SCE?

Already pre-ordered. No stock. I just want the company that makes this game to make a lot of money from it, so they can keep making more.

Yoboman said:
Did you do some research on this or something?:lol

No not really just an observation I made (might be wrong). PS2 games used to sell like crazy now 360 games sell like crazy. [joke]Obviously PS2 owners bought 360's.[/joke]

StuBurns

Banned
Kos Luftar said:

Awesome post man, just awesome.

Kos Luftar said:
:'(
Why?
Already pre-ordered. No stock. I just want the company that makes this game to make a lot of money from it, so they can keep making more.
No not really just an observation I made (might be wrong). PS2 games used to sell like crazy now 360 games sell like crazy. [joke]Obviously PS2 owners bought 360's.[/joke]

i get what you're saying but at the same time, i never cared about sales. and i think most people here don't care either.
if you want to discuss that, there are numerous threads about sales numbers on gaf.

Cyberia

IGN UK: God of War 3 code in the office. We're still scraping eyeballs off the ceiling from the first half an hour.

Ibu666@teamIGNUK so god of war 3 looks THAT good??? Can't wait!!

------

@teamIGNUK did it look like a painting... In motion? I am glad it managed 2 wow.do u think it is Uncharted 2's turn to step aside, visually?

It looked astonishing @ibu666. Actually, it looked more than astonishing but humans haven't invented words of that calibre yet.

http://twitter.com/TeamIGNUK

I don't think I've been this excited for a game release since MGS 2: Sons of Liberty. Back then, I made a calendar and did countdown everyday :D

Now a days, time usually flies faster.

It still has to make it out of format, if they find anything wrong with it, it's being kicked out of production.

Ahhh, the memories of working at the SCEA QA dept...

Firewire

Banned
black_vegeta said:
It still has to make it out of format, if they find anything wrong with it, it's being kicked out of production.

Ahhh, the memories of working at the SCEA QA dept...
This is SSM and GOW.

SamBishop

Banned
lastinline said:
I think it's next Thursday.

Eeeexcellent. We should have our copy by then, but next week there's a little presser shindig where I can only hope we'll get to actually play a near-final version. C'mon, Wednesday, you can't get here soon enough! I doubt we'll be able to say much, but I'm pretty sure we'll be getting review code right around the same time (if not a few days later?). Then it'll be the Heavy Rain waiting game all over again...

[edit] Just saw that Twitter port. Come to Butthead...

Wthermans

Banned
fps fanatic said:

The biggest disadvantage to SP only is it limits the replayability. Now this varies widely depending on difficulty/achievements/etc, but it's pretty basic that a game that has you playing against unpredictable human opponents will always have more replayability than the same game with just programmed AI.

Top Bottom