• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 trailer

Wthermans said:
The biggest disadvantage to SP only is it limits the replayability. Now this varies widely depending on difficulty/achievements/etc, but it's pretty basic that a game that has you playing against unpredictable human opponents will always have more replayability than the same game with just programmed AI.

Utter shash. Why do people keep playing the original Donkey Kong to this day? Or Super Mario Brothers or *insert any decent game*.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Captain_Spanky said:
Utter shash. Why do people keep playing the original Donkey Kong to this day? Or Super Mario Brothers or *insert any decent game*.

Because they haven't discovered the superiority of online co-op/multiplayer yet

Just kidding, I prefer singleplayer games over multiplayer any day

Massa

Captain_Spanky said:

Same reason I've played Uncharted 1 over 10 times and still play it. That's not a "decent" game, that's a classic. Not every good game falls under that.

hxa155

Kos Luftar said:
Aww man, I just wish PS3 had a better start so that this game could sell a whole lot more than it will actually sell. I feel like a lot of the people that bought GoW 1 & 2 on PS2 own XBOX360 and not the PS3 and I do not think they will buy a PS3 just for GoW III (even though I think they should)

The PS3 owners are not buying the awesome PS3 exclusives, like the 360 owners buy the 360 exclusives.

I kinda agree with ya about that last point but Uncharted 2 sold close to 3.5 million units.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/make-believe-from-programmer-to-naughty-dog-co-president/

Denzar

The game has gone gold:

ChristerEricson

God of War 3 has gone gold and is being manufactured! Wheee! #GoW3

Sony Santa Monica Technical Director reports this via Twitter.

Anybody know when te review embargo lifts?

Also, I'm back after a ban of a week. Was accused of being a fanboy.

Grooski

Banned
PSM3 in France gave it a perfect 20/20 and stated it is "one of the greatest games ever created." Not surprising given the mag, but still :D

There are scans doing the rounds, find em if you need to. Of particular note:

the section in the demo was completely remade

Bigger, stronger more powerful than anything you have imagined. GOW3 transecnds genres and video gamplay. A true gift from the gods, unmissable.

I feel all tingly waiting for this thing. Some of those pics look fantastic

Denzar

Grooski said:
PSM3 in France gave it a perfect 20/20 and stated it is "one of the greatest games ever created." Not surprising given the mag, but still :D

There are scans doing the rounds, find em if you need to. Of particular note:

I feel all tingly waiting for this thing. Some of those pics look fantastic

The demo for GoW II I played (not the colossus demo you got when you pre-ordered) at events was also completely different from what was in the final game. Kinda cool though. It gives you a taste, but you will not replay that section when going through the full game.

Seen the scans, and one of those screens cracked me up

Kratos' face in the screenshot in which he is holding the chalice. Avatar material for sure :lol

nib95

Banned
Well, my copy of Bayonetta just arrived. Plus I have Bioshock 2 to get through, and I should get my copy of God of War 3 next week too! Good times! :D Just a shame I don't actually have the time to play half of these games, but rest assured, GOW3 is going straight to the top of the pile.

Grooski

Banned
Deepack said:
The demo for GoW II I played (not the colossus demo you got when you pre-ordered) at events was also completely different from what was in the final game. Kinda cool though. It gives you a taste, but you will not replay that section when going through the full game.

Kratos' face in the screenshot in which he is holding the chalice. Avatar material for sure :lol

I know :lol

Love the shot of him facing down the skeletons. Look at the background ffs.

One of the blurbs says
"ou encore prouver sa virilite en chevauchant Aphrodite" - in Google Translate "or prove his manhood by riding Aphrodite"

Hype +10000!!

IGN UK from Twitter: http://twitter.com/teamIGNUK

God of War 3 code in the office. We're still scraping eyeballs off the ceiling from the first half an hour.

It looked astonishing. Actually, it looked more than astonishing but humans haven't invented words of that calibre yet.

Deepack said:

Actually, I do believe hes holding
a PSN trophy! :D

Denzar

Grooski said:
I know :lol

Love the shot of him facing down the skeletons. Look at the background ffs.

One of the blurbs says
"ou encore prouver sa virilite en chevauchant Aphrodite" - in Google Translate "or prove his manhood by riding Aphrodite"

Hype +10000!!

IGN UK from Twitter: http://twitter.com/teamIGNUK
Hyperboles from IGN!

Wish I did not read that spoiler about the blurbs. :/

It's time for the start of my media black out. Only reviews will be read! No more screens, trailers and footage for me.

klier

So is it safe to say by now that the graphics in GOW III are even better than Uncharted 2, the current king of console graphics???

nib95

Banned
klier said:
So is it safe to say by now that the graphics in GOW III are even better than Uncharted 2, the current king of console graphics???

I find that very hard to believe, but I'm all for being pleasantly surprised.

Combichristoffersen

klier said:

Reviews seem to imply so.

Just finished GoW II again. Stupid Boss Batch 3 trophy glitch made me not get that trophy :mad: Still, it's an absolutely amazing game. Can't wait to slaughter the entire Greek pantheon in less than a month's time :D

KanZolo

Captain_Spanky said:

One time, while in GameStop I heard a ten year old kid say "If it doesn't have online multi-player, it's not a real game"

I cried the rest of the day.

Deepack said:
Hyperboles from IGN!

Wish I did not read that spoiler about the blurbs. :/

It's time for the start of my media black out. Only reviews will be read! No more screens, trailers and footage for me.
Does IGN really get hyperbolic? This type of stuff usually comes from places like Destructoid. But IGN, hmm. Does anybody know if GoW3 is coming with bonus features like videos of game/boss/art development? I love those. SamBishop?

And the Medusa boss battle in GOW2 is INSANE on hard difficulty D: I dread to imagine how it will be on Titan mode.

wizword

Banned
RustyNails said:
Does IGN really get hyperbolic? This type of stuff usually comes from places like Destructoid. But IGN, hmm. Does anybody know if GoW3 is coming with bonus features like videos of game/boss/art development? I love those. SamBishop?

And the Medusa boss battle in GOW2 is INSANE on hard difficulty D: I dread to imagine how it will be on Titan mode.
I heard the game has an oscar worthy story*, and has the best graphics on consoles to date**. It is a standard for gaming journalism though

*GTA 4 review
**Call of duty 4 review

Combichristoffersen

RustyNails said:
Does anybody know if GoW3 is coming with bonus features like videos of game/boss/art development? I love those. SamBishop?

I think it does, yeah. The Ultimate Edition also includes a documentary about the GoW franchise in general.

Simo

Man, the GameStop I preordered my ultimate edition is decked out for God of War 3. I went there after work to trade in a few old games to pay off my ultimate edition and Heavy Rain and aside from the GOW3 posters blocking out the windows the store had 3D cardboard stand-ups of the boxart along with some goofy Kratos mask hanging over the register and the GoW Collection along the front. Even the employees were sporting some cool GoW3 laniards and cards.

I tried to get one of those preorder posters but the manager said they're hoarding them all for swag for the midnight release...

Simo said:
Man, the GameStop I preordered my ultimate edition is decked out for God of War 3. I went there after work to trade in a few old games to pay off my ultimate edition and Heavy Rain and aside from the GOW3 posters blocking out the windows the store had 3D cardboard stand-ups of the boxart along with some goofy Kratos mask hanging over the register and the GoW Collection along the front. Even the employees were sporting some cool GoW3 laniards and cards.

I tried to get one of those preorder posters but the manager said they're hoarding them all for swag for the midnight release...

I always ask if they are willing to sell me one of those 3d cardboards or even a poster but they wont. they should really start selling those.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
-viper- said:
Personally I thought GOW 3 (based on the demo) looked equally as good as U2.

I thought the demo was fairly uneven in terms of graphics. The opening shot of Kratos was impressive, but the environment there is kind of ugly. Then the statues and the cave entrance are really amazing looking. Then the parts where you fight the centaur and chimera are sort of unremarkable, and then the cave at the end shows off the excellent lighting.

I will not be surprised at all, however, if the final product is better looking than Uncharted 2 in several ways. I'm sure there are still people who will prefer UC2's look (seems a lot more colorful than GOW3, from what we've seen) and I wouldn't begrudge them that opinion.

Im pretty sure this isnt a spoiler but just in case for the sensitive people out there

Judging by where you leave off in GOW2, the already shown leviathan fight, and the magazine scans of Poseidon being surrounded by leviathans, 50 bucks says Poseidon is the first boss and is within 30 minutes of the game, which is where the IGN twitter post came from.

Just a though.

BeeDog

ghostofsparta said:
Im pretty sure this isnt a spoiler but just in case for the sensitive people out there

Judging by where you leave off in GOW2, the already shown leviathan fight, and the magazine scans of Poseidon being surrounded by leviathans, 50 bucks says Poseidon is the first boss and is within 30 minutes of the game, which is where the IGN twitter post came from.

Just a though.

SPOILURZ:
One of the reviews actually confirmed this, so yeah, the intro of the game is fighting on top off Gaia and eventually fighting Poseidon.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Deepack said:
Something tells me that Kratos will get thrown off mount Olympus at some point during the game.

And lose whatever power was carried over from GOW2. That's a given :lol

RustyNails said:

It was a bit hard yeah but I was really disappointed with hard mode, as that was the hardest thing for me. I beat
Zeus
very easily and only ended up dying once maybe twice on one of the QTE's at the end. So i'm really hoping the Hard mode in this game is similer to the first game.

69128933-fd2f5f3f9ad1b435f07c20079619affe.4b85c1ac-scaled.jpg

Top Bottom