• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

Drencrom

Anyone knows if if you have to grind/play to unlock cars like in GT5? I just want to drive all the nice cars from the start yo.

Which wheel do you think I should get for this game that has the highest probability of playstation 4 support? I really want to pick up a g27 but not if it will not work for PS4.

They added 3 new E92 M3s but no E30 or E46 :(

Also they seem to be counting standard to premium conversions as "new".

Gutted at the lack of E30 BMW's but fuck me that trailer gave me chills. I do wish it was on another PlayStation console, but I can't wait for this :)

waypoetic

Banned
Fool me once with the physics, fool me twice - i think NOT. Sure it's a pretty game but oh boy, the driving in GT5 was just not at all "immersive".

This isn't necessarily impressive, but i've always loved the look of this car

ibwYhPwIrnfOPo.gif

Build up unrealistic expectations, bite off more than they can chew, delay the release longer than any previous GT title, and inevitably deliver a half baked product that rehashes entirely too many faults that have plagued all of the previous titles of this slowly withering franchise?

I kid....kind of . I am actually very stoked about GT7. GT6, not so much. Feels like a update pack more than anything.

Edit: Need a Kerbal Space Program GT6 crossover.

I don't see any of that happening with PS4 .
PS3 was bitch to use and now they have something that easy to make games on i see smoothing sailing from here .

Gestault

127 new cars, with a total of 1197? Hell yes. Do we have info if they're all modeled to roughly the same level of detail?

Real edit: Also I say GODDAMN at that track list. That's incredible.

Fool me once with the physics, fool me twice - i think NOT. Sure it's a pretty game but oh boy, the driving in GT5 was just not at all "immersive".

Did you play GT Academy?

Anyone knows if if you have to grind/play to unlock cars like in GT5? I just want to drive all the nice cars from the start yo.

Level system is gone, and it seems they didn't add any other system.

----

More variety for SuperGT <3

They must also hate Smokey Mountain :( One day it will come back! And that RAD one from GT4 with the HUUUUUGE cliff face in it. And and and the tight rally city track from GT4 too :( Oh well!!! :)

weevles

Even though there are a lot of standard to premiums, at least they aren't charging us for the extra cars...cough...

I don't see any of that happening with PS4 .
PS3 was bitch to use and now they have something that easy to make games on i see smoothing sailing from here .

Never doubt PD's ability to dedicate an inordinate amount of resources to shit that doesn't matter while ignoring the 4 ton Flinstones style elephant vacuum cleaner in the room.

Exhibit A
An environmental simulation based on the longitude/latitude position of the track is performed for real life tracks. For example, the Le Mans 24 hour race in the game will actually simulate the rise/setting hours of the sun and night-time constellations in the sky from the event in 2013.

Yeah, that fucking lack of astronomical simulations has really been hindering my racing sim experience with the GT franchise.

I'm noticing that a bunch of race cars have "base models" that are counted separately, including ones from GT5. I wonder why? Example:

Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Peugeot Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10

Also there seem to be 2 Pagani Huayras:

Pagani Huayra '11
Pagani Huayra '13

PD gonna PD. We've also got the 2013 NASCARs which is cool I guess. A lot of cars I was hoping would be in are missing though :(

127 new cars, with a total of 1197? Hell yes. Do we have info if they're all modeled to roughly the same level of detail?

We've known since they announced the game that there are still standard cars (But not how many).

It would be very unrealistic to expect them to fully premium about 900 cars in three years.

Although, going from that trailer, they have picked the best to switch to premium :D

Sendou

So Gran Turismo -GAF: what kind of (affordable) racing wheel is generally recommended? I just have one for 360 (the official wireless one) but I'm imaging that one won't work.

I guess it wasn't delayed after all.

Sendou said:
So Gran Turismo -GAF: what kind of (affordable) racing wheel is generally recommended? I just have one for 360 (the official wireless one) but I'm imaging that one won't work.

Depends on your budget. I think the Logitech Driving Force GT is a great wheel for the price (it's the one I personally used when I had my PS3). But you don't a clutch, a sequential shifter, and it has worse pedal feel than the more expensive wheels.

For a bit higher-up, you can go with the G27 which is a definitely nicer wheel IMO.

Logitech Driving Force GT is the defacto quality entry wheel. It can be found for under $100 on sale fairly often. Same entry racing wheel people recommend on the iRacing forms. On PC it is easy to upgrade pedals seperately and keep the solid wheel. On PS3, you can't do this as easily if at all. With the PS4 wheel compatibility still in the air, I would hold off on dumping a ton of money on a new wheel if it is going to be for PS3/4 only.

Risgroo

I used the Driving Force GT for a while, pretty good wheel, though the pedals aren't that great.

Piggus

Please tell me we can drive the moon buggy on the moon....

EDIT omg yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

spats

Exhibit A

Yeah, that fucking lack of astronomical simulations has really been hindering my racing sim experience with the GT franchise.

I'm thrilled they're devoting resources to shit like that. Nobody else in their right mind would do something like complex fireworks simulation systems and I'll love them forever for that.

waypoetic

Banned
Did you play GT Academy?

I did.

I'm convinced that PD only cares about graphics and "ooh, aah!"-visuals, not the driving or what the cars actually feel and sound like. I mean, i've stood right beside an Audi R8 while it was revving it's engine and that thing is loud and mean - in GT5 it sounded like my dads Volvo.

RaijinFY

Moon over the Castle please!

Otherwise, it looks pretty but... is it just me or is it the quietest GT release ever?

I did.

I'm convinced that PD only cares about graphics and "ooh, aah!"-visuals, not the driving or what the cars actually feel and sound like. I mean, i've stood right beside an Audi R8 while it was revving it's engine and that thing is loud and mean - in GT5 it sounded like my dads Volvo.

I think we all agree on the sound but the driving, common man.

Moon over the Castle please!

Otherwise, it looks pretty but... is it just me or is it the quietest GT release ever?

Possibly, but the marketing might ramp up by mid November.

_machine

No F12 or Sesto Elemento makes me sad panda and for me the overall track list of GT could still be a lot better for me, but some of the car additions are really fantastic and I hope the physics really have been improved, even though IMHO GT already had a slight edge against FM4 (which FM5 has no doubt improved upon as seen in the latest videos). Anywho, it'll be my first game in series that I own and I'm mildly excited.

Are they still making a distinction between premium and standard?

Do we know it's how handled in game in regards to buying?

_machine

My only conserm is the Carrer mode, the GT5 one was meh.
Oh yeah. I haven't played that much of GT5 career, but I couldn't really get in at all aside from the fact I do enjoy the leveling mechanics and progression (though they did take too far for me). We haven't heard much about the career mode though, so it's hard to be very optimistic about them improving the career drastically.

I did.

The sound still the same but driving change by a good amount .

Top Bottom