• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

ascii42

i1z4qcLsdktCL.jpg
About time we had an Olds in a Gran Turismo game. Thanks, Jay Leno! If I remember correctly, this thing had around 1000 hp.

Keyouta

Uh oh, do I get GT6 in Dec or wait until 7 for the PS4?

Also, if I get GT6 I should probably get a steering wheel, right?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Huh, lots of stuff delayed, including the track maker and the B spec.

But it looks amazing otherwise. So many tracks added.

Dude, if GT6 is to GT5 what GT2 was for GT1 and GT4 for GT3, then we are in for the best GT ever. Their second outing has always been vastly superior. Just a shame they are releasing this in a period when people had enough of PS3. Won't sell more than 5-6 millions.

This GT will sell way more than that you can bet on it .

Anytime you can aim for the stars and shoot for the moon you gotta do it, because... well, who knows? At least they are taking some notes. Of the 127 new cars only 5 are Nissans. That's a huge surprise. Also, lots of new racing cars and only a few econoboxes that have little importance..

The lack of Nissans is encouraging. GT7 will probably be my favorite game of all time or the last GT game I ever play. They have been pulling us along for at least 3 full title releases and even more teaser milestones if you count all the promises in between prologues etc. I like the eccentricity of PD and Kaz. It was charming and essential to the franchise's success. However, I feel like they really lost the plot this last gen, lost sight of what is really important and what made GT the king for so long.

They have the balls to the wall hardware this gen, they have the unwavering support of Sony, and they still have a very broad and passionate fan base. No more excuses. GT7 needs to be a bold new direction, not a timid iteration.

Where's the rest of my rally tracks?

Interesting. It's missing and no mention of WRC cars, other than the old ones. Don't know what's up with this.

If the physics haven't been updated from rehashed garbage GT5 physics that was present in this year's GT Academy, it's bye bye PS3 and hello R9 290.

If you are talking about the abuse of drifting to go faster, it was a pretty hardcore complain and i believe they were awere of it after the academy. Trailbraking and drifted induced corners were an issue, i'm sure they were still tweaking back then.

Had a look over the track list. None of the city tracks have day/night or weather, such a shame. Would also have been nice if Suzuka and Laguna Seca has day/night but alas. Thanks be to Kaz that Spa has day/night. Good to see Tsukuba got rain back though.

Dynamic time change on a city track is probably very taxing. So much more lighting to deal with.

Anyway, here's some info from the site:

User Interface

Starting from the My Home screen where the game begins, the user interface has been thoroughly re-designed and refined, allowing essential all features to be quickly accessible and simple to use. The time taken to switch between screens has also been significantly reduced compared to Gran Turismo 5.

Career Mode

This is the main scenario mode of this game, where you begin from the entry level and gradually acquire higher level licenses. With a new system that allows you to progress by gathering a per-requisite number of stars, progress in the game can be matched to your skill. Many types of events have been made available: later in the game there are particular events where the weather conditions change continuously. There are also events that recreate the feeling of endurance races in a much shorter period of time.

Winning events will award in-game credits that can be used to purchase cars and parts.

Coffee Break

These are mini-games that appear between events in the Career Mode. There are many challenges that can be tried over and over again, such as a cone knockdown event inside a stadium, and eco-challenges where you compete for how far you can drive on just 1 litre of petrol.

Special Events

These Events are unlocked as you progress through the game. For example, you will receive invitations to the prestigious Goodwood Festival of Speed, and you can look forward to even more events to be added in future updates.

Car Dealerships

All available cars are displayed under their respective manufacturers. There are no longer distinctions made between Premium and Standard cars as in the previous version of GT, but Standard equivalent cars will only have simplified cockpit views.

Featured

This is a dealership that specializes in cars recommended for clearing the Career Mode, cars by racing category, and cars that can participate in the online events. If you’re looking for a particular car for a particular purpose, you can find it easily here.

Garage

Organizing and managing the cars you own in your Garage is now much more straightforward. You can also try out your cars on Free runs and change racing gear directly from this location. You can also store cars you don’t normally use in a Stockyard, and transfer to your Garage when required.

Tuning Parts

Here you can purchase a variety of parts including tyres, suspension and brake kits, transmission, clutch and flywheels, exhausts, superchargers, nitrous and others using in-game credits and you can also tune engines and car bodies.

qFZY1Qz.gif

Custom Parts

Purchase aerodynamic parts and over 82 types (with 188 variations) of wheels using in-game credits. More custom parts will also be added in future updates.

Pit Service

Car wash, oil change, body reinforcement, body maintenance, and engine maintenance are all performed here.

Racing Gear

Racing gear for your in-game driver avatar can be purchased here using in-game credits. At launch there are 34 types of helmets (with 952 colour variations) and 28 types of racing suits (with 852 colour variations) as well as special racing gear sets modeled on racing gear of famous real life drivers.

Paint

In addition to car body paint supplied in the colour of the cars you have acquired, in the future there will also be special paint items that will be distributed in online events. In addition, it is also possible to paint wheels purchased in custom parts.

Stuff that will be added in future updates:

B Spec

The B spec mode is a mode where you give precision instructions to your driver as a race director. This popular feature from previous versions of GT will be added in a future update. Look forward to the new, more powerful B Spec mode.

Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

Data Logger

This feature allows you to analyse your saved replay data to show Speed, Engine RPM, Throttle Input, Gear Position, Steering Angle, etc. in a graphical format. This feature will be added in a future update.

GPS Visualizer
In a future update, we will add the GPS Visualiser. This is a feature that allows you to import Controller Area Network (CAN), used to regulate automobile systems, and GPS coordinate data from a real life car into Gran Turismo 6, and visualise the data as a replay in the game. The feature is planned to be compatible with the Toyota Motor Corporation’s CAN-Gateway ECU.

KOHIPEET

Their slogen pretty much sums it up.
This is the real driving simulator. Period.

Also the lighting is ridiculously beautiful.

no seattle and el capitan, no premium opel seat and skoda, no more distinction between premium and standard cars but simplified dashboards, please not the black cardboard boxes again. Shouldn't they 've got rid of the former standard cars?

EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS GODLY

Cidd

Polyphony Digital still king of trailers only second to Blizzard,Wow.

this is my goodbye PS3 game, can't wait.

Arcticfox

I think Project CARS also has acurate sun and stars positions based on the date and time you enter in the game. All I know is iRacing is going to be the last racing sim I play that does not have day/night transitions and weather changes. It adds so much to the experience.

I just wish all tracks in GT6 supported time change. In GT5 I spent more time driving around the 24 hour versions of the Ring and Le Mans than all other tracks combined.

JP

It's worth mentioning to anybody who is disappointed that a certain track or car is missing that they've already said they will be relying heavily on DLC this time so you may still get what you're after.

Arklite

They have the balls to the wall hardware this gen, they have the unwavering support of Sony, and they still have a very broad and passionate fan base. No more excuses. GT7 needs to be a bold new direction, not a timid iteration.

What are you expecting from them, though? To me it seems the team has a very focused vision that they've been expanding upon and improving to take further and further into a 'realistic' state, adding features and tech along the way, but keeping their focus. Are your expectations something that would change the franchise drastically? I wouldn't call their work timid, and I'd have bailed out already if I felt it stagnant. I'd bet on GT7 continuing to hone their own take on racing than flip it on its side.

Shame about the GPS course maker getting pushed to an update, as that looked pretty neat. Hopefully it finds its way out soon.

The rest looks amazing, though. Loving the car list and that moon.

boingball

Wow at those trailers. Looking forward to it.

To those port begging to PS4, I am sure there will be a GT Concept/Prologue whatever for the PS4 sometime next year, same as they did with the PS3. Perhaps even the full GT6.

But it makes no sense for Sony to bring this out on the PS4. The PS4 will sell 6 million boxes whether with or without GT6 for the fiscal year. GT6 will most likely sell also 6 million in the fiscal year, something unachievable on the PS4, at most 2 million (1 in 3 would still be a ridiculous high attach rate for a game).

kanuuna

The people cutting these trailers and manipulating the camera really know their stuff. Camera movement in all GT trailers is incredibly impressive.
Also, what's Adrian Newey up to?

IISANDERII

GT5 was my most fun game this entire generation. After a couple patches[especially the one that added the PP system] it became insanely fun to race online. God!

And it seems as though they're keeping it intact and not messing with it too much at all.

i1fx3EPmfvTaREc.png

i1cAPXuRSpktQC.png

Top Bottom