• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn, the moon, and the rest of it too. This is why my PS3, unlike other consoles that have been moved to shelves, will continue to sit under my TV and next to his bigger brother when he arrives, I know we aren't to beg but it is such a shame they didn't at least throw together a PS4 version of this.

But anyway, the moon, that is going to be awesome, part of me hopes we can drive the luna car on a normal track, and part of me wants to drive a Veyron around the moon, will probably be pretty limited though. Its nice to see them sorting out modes and a lot of other stuff that was a bit sparse or not very well done in GT5, but I really hope regardless of what PD has said that we aren't waiting 4-5 years for GT7, or at least a port of this one.

Can't wait to get some more nice relaxed Nurgburgring night drives on with some new cars, I wish we had a Citroen C1 though, it is the car we have here, not exactly great but would be nice to drive our own car around some of these tracks.

malyce

Glad they brought Apricot Hill back, and although I'm not really a fan of fictional tracks, they should bring back Midfield too.

Hockenheim
Interlagos
CoTA
Imola
Watkins Glenn/Road America/Brands Hatch

We need these within the first 3 months of release Kaz. You hear me?

And why no love for Okayama?

elohel

so basically none of the new features are going to be available at launch other than cars and tracks?

did they announce that all this stuff would be added later? forgot

commedieu

Banned
http://www.gtplanet.net/new-corvette-stingray-concept-revealed-for-gt6-at-sema/

Chevy Is Making A Real Version Of Its Gran Turismo Corvette
Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo® concept
A special-edition Corvette Stingray concept is revving to go in the new Sony PlayStation® 3 game Gran Turismo 6 commemorating the game's 15th anniversary – and Chevrolet has built a real version of the virtual racing winner. Its distinctive exterior and interior elements include:

ku-bigpic.jpg

Another thing I noticed looking at the car list is that they've renamed the RM cars. And yeah, the WRC cars and the Ferrari F1 cars are gone :(

I also noticed this:

Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37

Which wasn't in GT5, but was in GT4:

4o9bRf1.jpg

Can anyone else spot any GT4 "standard" cars there weren't in GT5 on the list? Or is this the only one?

NotSaladin

Neo Member
There was me thinking I'd be able to give this a miss or wait on a potential PS4 version....I don't think I'll be able to hold off. This looks fantastic!

GT5 was a bit of a let down, but having played the demo of this at Gamescom and seeing the features and trailers for this, I just cannot resist!

Ark

Glad they brought Apricot Hill back, and although I'm not really a fan of fictional tracks, they should bring back Midfield too.

Hockenheim
Interlagos
CoTA
Imola
Watkins Glenn/Road America/Brands Hatch

We need these within the first 3 months of release Kaz. You hear me?

And why no love for Okayama?

Already in!

I agree with everything though, as long as Melbourne and Montreal make it into there as well ;)

Metfanant

There was me thinking I'd be able to give this a miss or wait on a potential PS4 version....I don't think I'll be able to hold off. This looks fantastic!

GT5 was a bit of a let down, but having played the demo of this at Gamescom and seeing the features and trailers for this, I just cannot resist!

its going to be at least a year before we see a PS4 version...

sant

The car list still isn't that great, but its better than GT5 at least. Will hold out for a PS4 version.

Gunharp

Opened up the full car list and immediately searched for Porsche.

Still no Porsche. Damn.

The atmospheric effects look gorgeous, can't wait. I ended up getting my preorder at Gamestop awhile back, the incentives/bonuses seemed to be the best overall. Kinda bummed that there is no special/collectors edition. Appreciated getting the Nissan GTR model by Kyosho with GT5.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?
LLShC.gif

The plot thickens

Sounds like they lost the license. For the WRC cars I thought they could just create a new livery for them and drop the "WRC" name (eg Ford Focus RS WRC '08 would become Ford Focus RS Rally Car '08) but it must be more complicated than that.

dakun

so did they beef up their roster of European and American cars??

it looks like they still have way too many Japanese cars that nobody wants (and i'm talking about the ones with 20 different cars for one model. Just cut all the fat (many of them were standard anyway) and give us a smaller but more robust car list.

Other than that i'm stoked for this game.

This GT will sell way more than that you can bet on it .

I have a bunch of theories and i'm confident it will sell a lot less. GT2 and 4 sold less than the first on each platform, and you can make the case that 6 is coming way later on the lifecycle of each console. Also, PS3 is on the block since 2006. It won't have the same legs as PS1 and PS2. GT6 is not gonna keep selling gangbusters in 2015 or 2016. Shorter life on the shelf + aging console = less sales. If William Hill is taking it, i'm willing to bet on it.

no seattle and el capitan, no premium opel seat and skoda, no more distinction between premium and standard cars but simplified dashboards, please not the black cardboard boxes again. Shouldn't they 've got rid of the former standard cars?

EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKS GODLY

Both tracks seem in old trailers, so DLC might be the answer to this one.

Went to look for the Scooby WRC '08 and the Focus WRC and you're right wax, they are gone. Only the old rally cars are still in. Bummer. four casualties because of this.

muteki

Still going through the car list...the Super GT lineup is a bit out of date (still running '08 GT300 models but you can get 2013 Nascar included? bonkers.) but there are some nice additions. GT5 really lacked purely racing vehicles so hopefully they have improved on that. Any way to tell if the model listed is Premium or Standard (assuming all the cars new to 6 are premium...)

I wish some more of the original tracks would come back, really feel that is lacking. It's beating a dead horse at this point but SSR11, Red Rock Valley, Midfield, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seattle are still no-shows which is aggravating. Would love to see Sepang, Sports Sugo and others too.

Of course, if they would just put GT2 on PSN or do GT4 for Vita I would be happy too.

Shame about the F1 cars.

But at least there is still the Formula Gran Turismo (Which I expect will be premium now, since it's the only F1 car)

benzy

Where's the new Honda NSX concept in the car list? It's shown in the trailer.

And the amount of tracks with time change and weather.

Antoniooooo

I have a bunch of theories and i'm confident it will sell a lot less. GT2 and 4 sold less than the first on each platform, and you can make the case that 6 is coming way later on the lifecycle of each console. Also, PS3 is on the block since 2006. It won't have the same legs as PS1 and PS2. GT6 is not gonna keep selling gangbusters in 2015 or 2016. Shorter life on the shelf + aging console = less sales. If William Hill is taking it, i'm willing to bet on it.

A GT game selling 5 million would be half of it's normal sales .
So i willing to bet on it .

malyce

Both tracks seem in old trailers, so DLC might be the answer to this one.

Went to look for the Scooby WRC '08 and the Focus WRC and you're right wax, they are gone. Only the old rally cars are still in. Bummer. four casualties because of this.

The PS3 will outsell the PS1. It's at 80m and gonna be supported for the next 2 years at least and it has yet to hit $199.

GT6 will do just fine. Somewhere in the realm of 7-9mln units.

Metfanant

Still going through the car list...the Super GT lineup is a bit out of date but there are some nice additions. GT5 really lacked purely racing vehicles so hopefully they have improved on that. Any way to tell if the model listed is Premium or Standard (assuming all the cars new to 6 are premium...)

I wish some more of the original tracks would come back, really feel that is lacking. It's beating a dead horse at this point but SSR11, Red Rock Valley, Midfield, Seoul, Hong Kong, Seattle are still no-shows which is aggravating. Would love to see Sepang, Sports Sugo and others too.

Of course, if they would just put GT2 on PSN or do GT4 for Vita I would be happy too.

if they could include PROPER Racing Modifications with different levels of said modification such as GT3, GT2, GT1 (just to keep it simple) i think that would be a best of both worlds solution....

couple that with even the most basic of livery editors and you've got a situation that cant be beat...

Opened up the full car list and immediately searched for Porsche.

Still no Porsche. Damn.

The atmospheric effects look gorgeous, can't wait. I ended up getting my preorder at Gamestop awhile back, the incentives/bonuses seemed to be the best overall. Kinda bummed that there is no special/collectors edition. Appreciated getting the Nissan GTR model by Kyosho with GT5.

About time i guess. I know it's expensive, but this is fucking Gran Turismo, a franchise that has made Sony millions. Surely they could go after EA and FIA to secure a few other licenses like DTM, WTCC, FIA GT, and so on. How much are we talking about? It's all about the $$$.

Without any new RUFs i think they are still hoping on that Porsche license, because if it's a sure thing that you can't, then why the hell aren't you getting more RUFs in the game?

iceatcs

Real star mapping, nice. They seem seriously into the space. Someone in the studio must be a big space fan.
I cannot wait to drive with my G25 again. It got to be a nice year ahead with the number of racing titles.

Pachimari

I have tried to figure this out for a long while now, but I got these 2 wheels and they look identical besides the brand (Logitech and GT) but what are the differences?

lUHZIIH.jpg
fYoz1UA.jpg

335707206_700.gif

You can't beat PD with trailers. The game looks insane. I can't even imagine what Pd will be able to do on the PS4.

So hyped! PS4 can wait, I'll be playing this well into 2014.

GT arena looks fun as hell and Lunar vehicle lol. Never change PD.

commedieu

Banned
I have tried to figure this out for a long while now, but I got these 2 wheels and they look identical besides the brand (Logitech and GT) but what are the differences?

lUHZIIH.jpg
fYoz1UA.jpg

i thought they were both DFPro's...

I have the GT one from gt3iirc.. . still works pretty good. One was an official/licensed GT wheel..?

Real star mapping, nice. They seem seriously into the space. Someone in the studio must be a big space fan.
I cannot wait to drive with my G25 again. It got to be a nice year ahead with the number of racing titles.

Hope the G25/G27 receive PlayStation4 support.

muteki

if they could include PROPER Racing Modifications with different levels of said modification such as GT3, GT2, GT1 (just to keep it simple) i think that would be a best of both worlds solution....

couple that with even the most basic of livery editors and you've got a situation that cant be beat...
Of course, the event organization so far has been quite crap as well. Even if they added a healthy amount of racing cars they still would have half the field from one class/series racing with half a field of completely unrelated cars, on a track neither of which would actually be racing on.

Really if they could fix one thing it would be the event lineup. If I pick a DTM championship I should expect to see only those cars there on tracks they would actually be racing on or at least fictional ones that make sense.

Loakum

Banned
wow....I'm not buying this game until I get a new LED tv! That video is beyond amazing! GT6 is looking VERY next gen on current gen!

Top Bottom