• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 6 trailers [Complete blowout: All cars/tracks/features/etc]

Gran Turismo 6 will continue the tradition and new tracks will be added after the game initial release: there will be more “first-in-the-world” events that will write new pages to the history of the game. Please look forward to reading the details when we’ll make the announcements later on.

OT : finally a premium modelded veyron!!

Emwitus

Never doubt PD's ability to dedicate an inordinate amount of resources to shit that doesn't matter while ignoring the 4 ton Flinstones style elephant vacuum cleaner in the room.

Exhibit A

Yeah, that fucking lack of astronomical simulations has really been hindering my racing sim experience with the GT franchise.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who consider the photomode aspect of the game as a big feature. Just saying. Heck, they finally made forza take the feature seriously.

beatnik11

Neo Member
All Polyphony needs to do is get rid of all those PS2 era textures and make a proper UI without all the convoluted mess and they can make a great racing game again

WTF... Photomode on the moon? WOW!

And seeing this absolutely solidifies my belief that Polyphony is going to blow people's minds with GT7.

image.php

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps / Weather Changes / Time Changes
Twin Ring Motegi / Weather Changes / Time Changes
Ascari / Weather Changes / Time Changes
Autumn Ring / Weather Changes / Time Changes
Apricot Hill Raceway / Weather Changes / Time Changes
Isle of Man / GPS

Antonio_Banderas.gif

Still need details on Course Maker, themes, tracks limits, improved creation tools, etc.

waypoetic

Banned
I think we all agree on the sound but the driving, common man.

The GT Academy demo was some time ago, yes, i might be overly negative here but i just don't see PD nailing the physics or the feel of driving; especially not when it comes to rally racing.

I hope they release a demo of GT6 (they wont) so they can prove me wrong, because believe it or not: i really want a Gran Turismo game to be addictively good in every single way!

jts

...hate me...
Kinda hoped they would have some of the newer bimmers, 2 or 4 series, but alas. Back in the day PD used to be in cahoots with BMW.

Metfanant

I did.

I'm convinced that PD only cares about graphics and "ooh, aah!"-visuals, not the driving or what the cars actually feel and sound like. I mean, i've stood right beside an Audi R8 while it was revving it's engine and that thing is loud and mean - in GT5 it sounded like my dads Volvo.

come on....whats better on consoles?...im the biggest Forza fanboy there is...but in terms of driving physics GT5 beats Forza 4's pants off...

sounds ill give you...they suck in GT games..

Are they still making a distinction between premium and standard?

Do we know it's handled in game in regards to buying?

yes, there will be standards...though hopefully a significant number have gotten the upgrade

Alchemy

Photomode and crappy youtube compression has made it so I cannot tell the difference between this and Forza 5 at all. Pure madness.

Sendou

Logitech Driving Force GT is the defacto quality entry wheel. It can be found for under $100 on sale fairly often. Same entry racing wheel people recommend on the iRacing forms. On PC it is easy to upgrade pedals seperately and keep the solid wheel. On PS3, you can't do this as easily if at all. With the PS4 wheel compatibility still in the air, I would hold off on dumping a ton of money on a new wheel if it is going to be for PS3/4 only.

I used the Driving Force GT for a while, pretty good wheel, though the pedals aren't that great.

Nice, thanks. So what's the difference between these: Logitech Driving Force GT - The official wheel of Gran Turismo(PS3) and Logitech Driving Force GT Steering Wheel (PS2 & PS3). Can I expect this to work with PS4 racing games too?

Awesome blowout. What we expected at TGS.

Great stuff and lots of things will be coming in updates.

BUT, i had to play debbie downer and look for leaderboards.

Couldn't find it. WTF PD, every racing game now has it, and even GT HD and Prologue had it.

Somewhere is this thread metalmurphy is laughing at me...

Metfanant

Kinda bummed there's no Viper GTS/R 2013 in there.

i was avoiding posting this because i thought if i ignored it long enough i might forget about it...

thanks jerk! lol

i am now moving on to hoping and praying that there is a "Racing Modification" for the SRT Viper GTS, and the GTS Launch Edition...

Pachimari

Reading that information page I were quickly reminded, I have a Logitech GT Pro I think. But then I got one more. One of them have the GT logo in the middle of the wheel, while the other has Logitech on the wheel. What's the difference between them? :/

EDIT
Oh wow, and so many features coming in a later update. 3D and GPS course maker for one, a little bummer but it's fine.

wouwie

I haven't really followed the GT6 news but i was wondering: did PD manage to come up with a better solution for the smoke/rain effect (the aliasing).

Fehyd

Banned
i was avoiding posting this because i thought if i ignored it long enough i might forget about it...

thanks jerk! lol

i am now moving on to hoping and praying that there is a "Racing Modification" for the SRT Viper GTS, and the GTS Launch Edition...

LOL.

I dunno, there might be, but PD has always been stingy with the Racing Mod.

Here's to hoping we get it in the PS4 game!

spats

I haven't really followed the GT6 news but i was wondering: did PD manage to come up with a better solution for the smoke/rain effect (the aliasing).

Yes, I believe so. There's a GT6 drifting video somewhere that shows that they fixed the smoke aliasing.

edit: Grover to the rescue. :- )

Dibbz

Had a look over the track list. None of the city tracks have day/night or weather, such a shame. Would also have been nice if Suzuka and Laguna Seca has day/night but alas. Thanks be to Kaz that Spa has day/night. Good to see Tsukuba got rain back though.

malyce

If the physics haven't been updated from rehashed garbage GT5 physics that was present in this year's GT Academy, it's bye bye PS3 and hello R9 290.

Build up unrealistic expectations, bite off more than they can chew, delay the release longer than any previous GT title, and inevitably deliver a half baked product that rehashes entirely too many faults that have plagued all of the previous titles of this slowly withering franchise?

I kid....kind of . I am actually very stoked about GT7. GT6, not so much. Feels like a update pack more than anything.

Edit: Need a Kerbal Space Program GT6 crossover.

Dude, if GT6 is to GT5 what GT2 was for GT1 and GT4 for GT3, then we are in for the best GT ever. Their second outing has always been vastly superior. Just a shame they are releasing this in a period when people had enough of PS3. Won't sell more than 5-6 millions.

Never doubt PD's ability to dedicate an inordinate amount of resources to shit that doesn't matter while ignoring the 4 ton Flinstones style elephant vacuum cleaner in the room.

Exhibit A

Yeah, that fucking lack of astronomical simulations has really been hindering my racing sim experience with the GT franchise.

Anytime you can aim for the stars and shoot for the moon you gotta do it, because... well, who knows? At least they are taking some notes. Of the 127 new cars only 5 are Nissans. That's a huge surprise. Also, lots of new racing cars and only a few econoboxes that have little importance.

Moon over the Castle please!

Otherwise, it looks pretty but... is it just me or is it the quietest GT release ever?

Yes, they are too much POP, but i guess they are saving moon over the castle for something bigger, like a trailer for the PS4 next year.

It is a quiet release, because the PS3 lasted for too long and people are eager to move on. Game will come out, we will play but it will have smaller legs.

I have to remind myself: do not let the grinding get in the way of the enjoyment of the game. Having no b-spec is a good start. Appears to be much more straight forward and the quick race online option is a GODSENT FEATURE! No more wasted nights trying to find lobbies.

Sadly though, looks like it's shipping incomplete again.

3D Compatibility
Compatibility with 3D TV’s will be added in a future update.

Course Maker
This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

Top Bottom