• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hampshire State Rep Who Created Reddit's 'Red Pill' Resigns

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://www.themarysue.com/update-on-the-gop-red-pill-creator/

Earlier this month, Robert Fisher, the creator of the misogynistic Red Pill cesspool who also serves in New Hampshire’s House of Representatives, faced an investigative panel, designed to look into the possibility of wrongdoing and disciplinary action. At the time I said we’d check back as updates came in, and now we have a whopper of an update.

As of Wednesday morning, Fisher has resigned from his position in the House.

That panel Fisher faced ended up voting along party lines–it was Republican-led–8 to 6 to take no action against him. When they read the decision, women in the audience began yelling “Shame! Shame! Shame!”

The committee’s task was bizarre, as they heard two very different cases, and chose rule on both as one (despite vehement from the committee vice-chair and House Minority Leader, Democrat Steve Shurtleff). The other case lumped in with Fisher is that of Democratic Rep. Sherry Frost, who posted a tweet back in March saying “The people (read: men) telling me to “calm down” & “not take it so hard” are making me homicidal. I refuse to account 4 having a conscience.” In February, she also tweeted “Oh, we have a terrorist problem, all right, and they’re usually white, Christian men.”

Volimar

Ridd goodance

1vSI3tZ.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So why did Fisher decide to resign? Well, after the high five parade had presumably been exhausted, House Minority Leader Shurtleff said he would be looking into pursuing perjury charges. As we discussed, this ruling could only be based on events from the current session, meaning this year. Fisher says he no longer moderates the Red Pill forum. The Daily Beast has the receipts to potentially prove he’s lying. So he got a big ol’ pass from his cowardly Republican colleagues, but that’s not enough to shield him in the long run.

Should've kept this part Shard, you almost make it sound like he got away scot free.

It's good that he resigned, but there's definitely some real bitter sweetness in that. This whole bit is fucking ridiculous.

That panel Fisher faced ended up voting along party lines–it was Republican-led–8 to 6 to take no action against him. When they read the decision, women in the audience began yelling “Shame! Shame! Shame!”

The committee’s task was bizarre, as they heard two very different cases, and chose rule on both as one (despite vehement from the committee vice-chair and House Minority Leader, Democrat Steve Shurtleff). The other case lumped in with Fisher is that of Democratic Rep. Sherry Frost, who posted a tweet back in March saying “The people (read: men) telling me to “calm down” & “not take it so hard” are making me homicidal. I refuse to account 4 having a conscience.” In February, she also tweeted “Oh, we have a terrorist problem, all right, and they’re usually white, Christian men.”

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad that this POS is out of politics, and I hope he never returns to it. No person like that should be doing decisions that impact people's lives.

So I know this guy, met him a couple summers ago at a friends lake house. Didn't give the impression of what eventually came out re: the forum, but I recall a few of us being like...this guy is a state rep? NH state politics are so lol sometimes. There are multiple folks facing some criminal charge or another. Good riddance, though there are worse folks that need to go as well in our state legislature.

Sunster

Republicans.... the hell is wrong with yall. 2017 has been one hell of a comeuppance so far.

They thought we were moving into a time where political correctness was going out the window and whites could run shit loud and proud again. so exciting! lol nope. get rekt. conservatism, racism, misogyny are doomed ideologies. they literally cannot win.

Hackworth

Pretty fucked up how this went down, like, he walked, he didn't get fired or arrested.

Also, how does Rep. Frost deserve to be lumped in with this?

cameron

Sucks that Rep. Sherry Frost's hearing wasn't treated separately.

As for Robert Fisher:
45ODVlK.gif

Dude's resignation saves him from a perjury investigation.
House Democratic Leader Steve Shurtleff welcomed the resignation and said he will no longer go forward with his earlier intention to ask the attorney general's office to review whether Fisher committed perjury when he told the committee under oath last week that he was no longer involved in the Red Pill forum.

”I think there was a cause and effect between my intention to go to the attorney general to ask them to look into possible perjury and him resigning," Shurtleff said.
But Smith, a self-described information technology expert, spoke in detail linking Fisher's past posts under an old username to recent posts under a new one. He said he spent 20 hours researching a possible connection between the old and new usernames and found that they were linked to Fisher's personal emails account.

Smith said he emailed 370 pages of details on his research to the committee members.

Hinch said he did not open the attachment to Smith's email because he feared it would contain a virus.

The committee chairman said he had no choice but to take Fisher at his word as an elected lawmaker that he did not make any disparaging posts about women this year.

But Shurtleff said the evidence brought up by Smith was enough to convince him that Fisher had committed perjury, and he said immediately after the meeting that he would write a letter to the attorney general's office asking for a review of whether Fisher committed perjury.

After Fisher submitted his resignation, however, Shurtleff told WMUR that he will not go forward with the letter.
http://www.wmur.com/article/nh-hous...n-against-two-controversial-lawmakers/9867162

LeksiW

Neo Member
Pretty fucked up how this went down, like, he walked, he didn't get fired or arrested.

Also, how does Rep. Frost deserve to be lumped in with this?

She doesn't deserve any kind of retribution. She speaks the truth.

"From 2002 to 2012, the number of women killed by intimate partners was 15,462, according to data from James A. Fox, a Northeastern University criminology professor who adjusted federal data for unsolved homicide cases believed to be linked to intimate partners."
"Nearly 3,000 people died in the attacks on Sept. 11, including the collapse of the Twin Towers in New York, the plane crash at the Pentagon and the fourth crash in a small field in rural Shanksville, Pa., according to a 10-year memorandum on the Sept. 11 attacks from the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism.

Specifically, the consortium counts 2,997 deaths, which shrinks if you deduct the 19 jihadists. Also, a few people have died in recent years due to complications from injuries and conditions related to 9/11. Bottom line: The figure is less than 3,000 if you count only "Americans" as Steinem said. (People from 90 different countries died in the attacks, according to the U.S. State Department.)"

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...m-more-women-killed-partners-911-deaths-atta/

Toxi

Banned
When the fucking Red Pill becomes a partisan issue is when you know the Republican Party is beyond saving.

Grug

What's the cliff's notes on this. I know nothing about it.

Googled Red Pill and found some dubious looking documentary about "men's rights' but doesn't seem to relate to the OP.

Toxi

Banned
What's the cliff's notes on this. I know nothing about it.

Googled Red Pill and found some dubious looking documentary about "men's rights' but doesn't seem to relate to the OP.
It's a subreddit for misogynists.

Toxi

Banned
Masquerading behind the veil of "men's rights" or just straight up hate?
Masquerading as "men's rights", though with plenty of straight up hate. The subject of this thread wrote some pretty vile shit on there.

Toxi

Banned
Yeah jus had a look at the reddit. Gross.

I know you probably have seen enough garbage for a lifetime, but here are some examples of what this particular fuckface was saying

Women voting was an inevitability. I do believe old social structures like religion, marriage, honor, family lines, stuff like that were all constructs to keep hypergamy in check (among other things). As we lost those, we lost monogamy...If sexual strategy is amoral, then the question I guess we should ask women is this: Are you happier now? Though I don't think we'd get a terribly insightful answer to that, because there are plenty of women from old traditional marriages that are happy despite the controls keeping their hypergamy in check. If we ask a chick from today, she'd look at the old ways and say "heck no!" to that, because it wouldn't feed her hypergamous instinct, no matter how unhappy that truly makes her.
Due to statutory rape laws, perfectly viable women under 18 are out of bounds. Fine. Evolutionarily, that was never a problem, but today we have to deal with it. So 18 is the bottom end. And for women, 30 is wall. So women have a window of 12 years.
I'm going to say it- Rape isn't an absolute bad, because the rapist I think probably likes it a lot. I think he'd say it's quite good, really.
The fact that this guy being in office was a partisan issue is revolting.

Vimes

Thanks for subverting a cool premise in the Matrix for your own sexist, neo fascist beliefs, asshole.

Probably done without the irony at that.

If you're afraid these losers might have ruined The Matrix for you, it's been pointed out in the past that the folks that "wake up" Neo are a woman and a black man.

Also the whole thing is almost certainly a metaphor for realizing you're trans.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If you're afraid these losers might have ruined The Matrix for you, it's been pointed out in the past that the folks that "wake up" Neo are a woman and a black man.

Also the whole thing is almost certainly a metaphor for realizing you're trans.

This is what I am talking about, they draw from the cub of liberal idea to attack these ideas and were probably unaware of it.

Top Bottom