• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican Lawmaker Who Secretly Created Reddit’s Women-Hating ‘Red Pill’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So if we don't like the person suddenly everyone supports doxxing? WTF this is lame.

Discovering that an elected official is involved in some reprehensible shit and making it known isn't "doxxing." It's fucking journalism.

SYNTAX182

Fisher must have been mentally scarred by a girl beating him at dodgeball in 1st grade and just snowballed to this thing that he is now.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
We call this move the "guilty as all hell."
Yup. "What's a Red Pill? Oh by the way, just let me delete the posts I made on those communities, which I totally haven't written!"

Naming a movement after two trans-sister's creation is the height of irony.
This too. I hate how they are ruining one of my favorite movies ever. Why couldn't they use stuff from Titanic or Pirates of the Caribbean for their shitty, misogynist communities instead?

So if we don't like the person suddenly everyone supports doxxing? WTF this is lame.
If doxxing meant exposing politicians' connections to men's rights (aka anti-women) communities instead of, you know, spreading random people's private info around, then I'm all for doxxing and wish it happened way more often. Sadly that isn't the case, and it actually means the latter.

RedHill

Banned
Red Pill is so embarrassingly cringe inducing to read. Watching a bunch of insecure men be delusional and call everyone betas is so pathetic.

I dunno my dude but Reddit is a public forum and he is a public figure as a politician. I have a lot less issue with that.

Regardless, it would be really really hard to defend the Red Pill. That subreddit is a dumpster fire.

Discovering that an elected official is involved in some reprehensible shit and making it known isn't "doxxing." It's fucking journalism.

Yeah, I think if a state rep has a secret identity as the leader and creator of a misogynist group, knowing that is in the public interest.

Kurdel

Banned

Umasking an anonymous figure on the Internet isn't doxxing.

Doxxing is dumping sensitive personal information for the whole Internet to see and attempt to steal your identity.

RinsFury

Shocked that a republican is behind a disgustingly misogynistic subreddit like Red Pill. The hateful toxicity permeates every level of the party.

Not

Banned
God that trail he left is amazing. Awesome work to the reporter.

Just imagine how many more shitheads trying to run for office have a regrettable and unchangable Internet footprint.

collige

Banned
...can you dox a public figure

Sure you can. The issue here is that his off the clock, anonymous internet behavior is relevant to his work as a public servant because r/theredpill has political implications. If this was just him posting about random shit anonymously on Reddit, I'm sure people would be much less happy about the info digging.

Juicy Bob

It’s possible that now, four-and-a-half years after Red Pill’s founding, Fisher may regret his creation. When reached for comment by phone, Fisher denied participation in the Red Pill forum, claiming not to know what The Red Pill was. Though he did say he had heard of the men’s rights movement, he said he hadn’t heard of PUA. “What is a pickup artist?” he asked.

Within hours of contacting Rep. Fisher, and after delivering by email a summary of his apparent connections to The Red Pill kingpin, his two primary Reddit usernames had been wiped, and four blogs connected to him were deleted or made private. He has not returned additional requests for comment.
AHAHAHAHAHA

jmdajr

God that trail he left is amazing. Awesome work to the reporter.

Just imagine how many more shitheads trying to run for office have a regrettable and unchangable Internet footprint.

The future of Political dirt ads is going to be amazing.

Not

Banned
This guy is actually personally responsible for the creation of a movement that fucked up the mindsets of thousands if not tens of thousands of young men.

He's among the worst of humanity.

Within hours of contacting Rep. Fisher, and after delivering by email a summary of his apparent connections to The Red Pill kingpin, his two primary Reddit usernames had been wiped, and four blogs connected to him were deleted or made private.
Slick move from a guy who claims women are the ones with "sub-par intelligence."

What a fucking dipshit.

Kas

I live in the Lakes Region.

I don't even know what to say except I'm already telling all my coworkers to go out and vote, so I'll make sure his ass gets voted out as soon as I can.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is anything happening to this guy politically?

I mean, this isn't like, some slightly off color side business. It's a staggering anti-woman misogyny mill that produces some of the worst harassment and bile on the internet.

In a post from 2012, Fisher explained that the con “…is why feminism pushes to increase alimony and child support. In the USA where feminism is completely unchecked, women can meet another man and profit from having two providers instead of one. Alimony and child support will ensure her lifestyle isn’t the one that suffers. The only risk a woman has for leaving her husband is if she’s too old and ugly to hook another guy. But even then, the amount of money she can get from her ex-husband is almost criminal.”

On The Red Pill, Fisher commonly expressed disappointment that the institutions of marriage and religion were destroyed by women’s equality. He maintained that as a result of financial independence, women were no longer compelled to remain faithful and as a result, men needed to protectively adapt their sexual strategy.

“Marriage, and yes, female oppression, slut shaming, religion, these were all a means to control hypergamy [infidelity]. Marriages might be considered loveless, and women might have been unhappy, but for men it meant marriages that lasted, commitments that continued, and protection against the fickle whims of females,” Fisher wrote on The Red Pill in November 2012.

“To give women autonomy is to take away the very thing that made marriage a realistic institution… what I dislike is the general attitude that somehow we owe [women] something for sex… Women enjoy the autonomy that feminism has afforded them… But don’t expect the relics from back in the day to continue to benefit you without the sacrifices you were making,” Fisher wrote on his blog Dating American, in 2012—just weeks before establishing The Red Pill.

According to The Red Pill, among the most egregious contradictions of feminism is the audacity of feminists to seek equality, but then take no responsibility for it.

“Understand that in the old days, women were not brought up the way they are today. Before feminism, there was less freedom, and therefore it was not necessary to teach women consequence. Consequence was strictly a man’s game. Feminism took the lid off pandora’s box, but the mothers, and the daughters of those mothers never internalized, learned, or passed down the concept of responsibility for their freedoms, only the freedom itself.” Fisher wrote in 2013.

fuck this guy

DestinyReddit is one of the best communities for Destiny on the internet.

Still, Reddit does need to jettison their 4Chan side.

But they're not going to do that. Not blaming you specifically, but don't you see how contributing content to it, giving it more eyeballs, driving up its ad revenue and subscriptions, is indirectly a way to financially support groups like Red Pill and Pickup Artist?

I'd say go ahead and read it with an ad blocker, but at the very least stop posting on it and giving people reason to browse it. I think that's a fair compromise. Reddit is contributing to the modern day toxic climate.

Ahh, I fucking KNEW they had political links. I just couldn't figure it out. To have the same bullshit spouted on /pol/ one day to become a GOP talking point the next, I KNEW it had to be a direct link.

Now we have some evidence. Nail him to a wall.

NoRéN

Within hours of contacting Rep. Fisher, and after delivering by email a summary of his apparent connections to The Red Pill kingpin, his two primary Reddit usernames had been wiped, and four blogs connected to him were deleted or made private. He has not returned additional requests for comment.

I pictured Cartman creepily walking away from the phone after Kyle figures out it's him running the Mel Gibson fan club.

“Marriage, and yes, female oppression, slut shaming, religion, these were all a means to control hypergamy [infidelity]. Marriages might be considered loveless, and women might have been unhappy, but for men it meant marriages that lasted, commitments that continued, and protection against the fickle whims of females,” Fisher wrote on The Red Pill in November 2012.

Who gives a shit if women are trapped in loveless marriages, often with physically or verbally abusive partners, as long as men can have 100% of the power.

https://twitter.com/MaximeBernier/s...xime-bernier-matrix-red-pill-_n_15205762.html

C6RdFY-VUAA2toh.jpg

Maxime Bernier (Canadian Conservative MP in the lead for the upcoming Conservative leadership) is okay having it on his Twitter page

Conservatives in a nut shell

vikki

Is anything happening to this guy politically?

I mean, this isn't like, some slightly off color side business. It's a staggering anti-woman misogyny mill that produces some of the worst harassment and bile on the internet.

Too soon to tell?

Sonicbug

The Lakes region is an interesting conundrum. Tons of liberal Massachusetts summer cottage landowners, but all are registered to vote in MA not NH. There's this insanely right-wing newspaper in that area as well.

If all the MA people suddenly decided to register as their summer homes as their voting location.... it'd be quite a thing.

cameron

Within hours of contacting Rep. Fisher, and after delivering by email a summary of his apparent connections to The Red Pill kingpin, his two primary Reddit usernames had been wiped, and four blogs connected to him were deleted or made private.
Slick move from a guy who claims women are the ones with "sub-par intelligence."

What a fucking dipshit.

Exactly my thoughts.

In a state with one representative to every 3,200 people, many of Fisher’s female constituents are likely to know him personally—whether or not they know what he’d once posted about women online. And those comments were just the start.
Here's hoping he's fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom