• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican Lawmaker Who Secretly Created Reddit’s Women-Hating ‘Red Pill’

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Is it possible that I'm a disgusting human being who women don't want to sleep with"
"No it's the women who are disgusting and below me"

This.

"I could improve myself and maybe lower my expectations to be reasonable?"

"Nah, time to violently FIGHT THE OPRESSIVENESS that is WOMEN'S RIGHTS AND AUTONOMY."

Ithil

I dont know how one can distill their hate to this purity over gender, it boggles my mind.

Tiny minded people who have nothing of their own so they rely on stupid abstract concepts like "being a man" or "being white" or something. Where they try to pump themselves up by claiming those things are superior so they are inherently superior, because they as an individual have no discernible talent or contributions of their own to actually point to.

"Hey many white people have been inventors and leaders you know, and I am also a white person" or "There have been many great men in history. I too am a male human".

When you really think about it it's about the most pathetic sign of no self-esteem.

Not

Banned
Religious upbringing + "smarter-than-thou" atheism, sprinkled with narcissism and the inability to take responsibility for one's own failings, created The Red Pill. Whoda thunk?

"Is it possible that I'm a disgusting human being who women don't want to sleep with"
"No it's the women who are disgusting and below me"

This is right on the money. They hate women because they don't want to face up to the fact that they're shitty human beings.

Yoritomo

I'll never understand how someone could even think like this.

TheRedPill is an insecurity trap for young men.
It creates a victim mentality for men who are rejected by women.

My favorite part is all the bellyaching over women wanting to be with men who are attractive then very specifically only ever considering a woman's looks.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think it's mostly blaming others for your own shortcomings, amplified until it becomes part of your very identify.

For example:

Guy develops a crush on a girl but either gets rejected or doesn't work up the courage to talk to her.

Guy retreats home and is angry/hurt at his inability to be with the girl.

Guy turns his anger towards the girl, blaming her for not reading his mind, not liking him for who he is, and not jumping into his arms on her own without him needing to do anything.

Guy stews in his own anger for years and years, finding more and more ways to rationalize it and blame women in general, because it absolves him of any fault in his inability to find a girlfriend.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
He's an atheist Republican lawmaker? lawl

He also really overestimates his attractiveness.

Let's watch as he gets flak for that and that alone from his party members.

Not

Banned
This too. I hate how they are ruining one of my favorite movies ever. Why couldn't they use stuff from Titanic or Pirates of the Caribbean for their shitty, misogynist communities instead?

'Cause Titanic nerds don't skew male

It's interesting to me that more journalists don't go down the social media investigative route, especially given how many younger politicians there are whose lives are painstakingly documented online.

I guess it's partially the "new technology not being understood by old faces" phenomenon, but I would think it would be more common, especially in the wake of the Anthony Weiner stuff.

And also another potentially interesting thread ruined by everyone quoting the same dumb post to get their identically-outraged licks in, jesus.

The complete fuckery of trying to delete all of the associations is the best part of this.

At best, he'll step down, and give a mealy mouthed apology about "making mistakes in his past".

At worst, he'll go full heel, and rally his followers to harass the mainstream media "cucks" who tarnished his good name.

Quick reminder that pretty much everyone in NH is a State Rep, so we get all kinds of types

The Lakes region is an interesting conundrum. Tons of liberal Massachusetts summer cottage landowners, but all are registered to vote in MA not NH. There's this insanely right-wing newspaper in that area as well.

If all the MA people suddenly decided to register as their summer homes as their voting location.... it'd be quite a thing.
Good luck with that if the NH GOP manages to push thru that new bill toughening the domicile requirements for voting

New Hampshire has a lot of women in power. We have an all-female delegation to the US Congress, and our 2 female Senators were also former governors. There's also a lot of women in the local state legislature, too. Women's issues get a large focus in the political advertisements that get played here. It makes sense that certain men would feel threatened by this and form a reaction against it. Not trying to excuse his behavior, just trying to explain where it might've come from.

Platy

New Hampshire has a lot of women in power. We have an all-female delegation to the US Congress, and our 2 female Senators were also former governors. There's also a lot of women in the local state legislature, too. Women's issues get a large focus in the political advertisements that get played here. It makes sense that certain men would feel threatened by this and form a reaction against it. Not trying to excuse his behavior, just trying to explain where it might've come from.

Not sure if this has any factor ... brazil has saudi arabia levels of women in power and we still have incredibly sexist people. The difference is that they are more open about their sexism, like the politician that said a woman "was too ugly to be raped by him"

How is this doxing?

I mean, I dunno, didn't you see the part where the journalist totally put his phone number and home address out on the internet and told everyone to harass him? Oh wait, that didn't happen.

I'm of two sides on this, on one hand, his career should totally be done. On the other hand, white women voters elected a man who bragged about sexual assault in November, so..

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So if we don't like the person suddenly everyone supports doxxing? WTF this is lame.

Totally... it's not like anyone should know the guy who tried to get rape laws changed on a state level was also running a pro-rape reddit. It's an invasion of privacy!

DB said:
As a candidate for state representative, Fisher proposed bringing concerns about the supposed plague of false rape accusations into the statehouse. Hosting a forum on Reddit under the username RobertFisherforNH, Fisher sought ideas to prevent “innocent people [from] receiving jail time.” He argued that because in rape cases “police err on the side of caution,” and show a high level of support for victims, the system was “susceptible to abuse” by women.

soco

I'm amazed how these people can read the story and then go "This was wrong, how dare they reveal this public servant created an online hate group".

I'm definitely not making that claim. I'm just pointing out that doxxing has always been against people that someone doesn't like.

The more absurd thing is the concept of doxxing, which implies that there's some tiny level of privacy/anonymity on the internet, and that it's safe to say anything. There are often multiple agencies logging requests.

Laiza

We really need more of this sort of investigative journalism. I can only hope that something comes of this. There's too much at stake for us to allow terrible human beings like this to continue their sordid work.

But they're not going to do that. Not blaming you specifically, but don't you see how contributing content to it, giving it more eyeballs, driving up its ad revenue and subscriptions, is indirectly a way to financially support groups like Red Pill and Pickup Artist?

I'd say go ahead and read it with an ad blocker, but at the very least stop posting on it and giving people reason to browse it. I think that's a fair compromise. Reddit is contributing to the modern day toxic climate.
Asking for too much from me.

I spend too much time browsing subreddits like /r/gamerghazi, /r/futurology, /r/latestagecapitalism, and the various franchise-specific subreddits hanging around to completely remove myself from the site. As bad as TRP is, I'm not entirely convinced that excising their home on reddit would even do much to harm their ability to congregate at this point.

Hell, I wish I could somehow tone down the massive amounts of sexism present on subreddits like /r/anime, but that'd take a bloody miracle to accomplish. There are just some fights that I'm not interested in fighting. Even moreso when a lot of the perpetrators are people who never really leave their homes.

Completely removing myself from a site as big as reddit to fight a single subreddit feels like bringing a ballistic missile to a knife fight. There's too many other, more positive communities on the site that such a move equally hurts. I'd prefer a more targeted attack specifically at the source of evil so that other communities aren't harmed in the process.

Armaros

I'm definitely not making that claim. I'm just pointing out that doxxing has always been against people that someone doesn't like.

The more absurd thing is the concept of doxxing, which implies that there's some tiny level of privacy/anonymity on the internet, and that it's safe to say anything. There are often multiple agencies logging requests.

This is a public servant, who holds these values and running a hate group.

Someone who is suppose to server ALL people from his state. Including women. This isn't doxxing, this is journalistic oversight.

The Kree

Banned

Do you think the reasons that people don't like other people matters at all? Is hating someone for being born with the vagina equal to hating someone because they encourage others to engage in bigoted behavior?

soco

This is a public servant, who holds these values and running a hate group.

Someone who is suppose to server ALL people from his state. Including women. This isn't doxxing, this is journalistic oversight.

again, i didn't say anything to the contrary.

soco

Do you think the reasons that people don't like other people matters at all? Is hating someone for being born with the vagina equal to hating someone because they encourage others to engage in bigoted behavior?

I'm not making a claim about any of those thing. it's simply a response to another person in the thread who implied that you could just 'dox' anyone you didn't like. I just pointed out that's what doxing has always been.

The Kree

Banned
I'm not making a claim about any of those thing. it's simply a response to another person in the thread who implied that you could just 'dox' anyone you didn't like. I just pointed out that's what doxing has always been.

I'm asking you to make a claim.

Not

Banned
I'm of two sides on this, on one hand, his career should totally be done. On the other hand, white women voters elected a man who bragged about sexual assault in November, so..

...All women globally and until the end of time deserve to suffer

soco

I'm asking you to make a claim.

Could it matter? Yes. Is there a difference? Yes, there's always a difference.

FWIW, I don't consider this doxing, and as I stated, I think the concept of 'doxing' is odd as it assumes you have some level of anonymity and write to say anything you want or that people shouldn't dig into this. This has never really been the case, and it especially isn't now.

Gattsu25

Banned
User StrictScrutiny over on Reddit compiled these quotes from Robert Fisher. This guy is trash and his followers are trash as well:
When I'm out with friends, including girls, you know EXACTLY what the conversation will entail, it's gossip or fashion, pop culture, trendiness, personal experiences. Nothing abstract. They do not chat in the abstract...when I told myself I thought they were smart, I really had the footnote in the back of my head... smart.. for a woman...But you know what two-way conversation I'm never going to have with a woman is? About how interesting special relativity is. How I consider the free-will argument to be moot because time travel causes paradoxes that render the concept nonsensical. Oh, sure, they'll be interested, or at least act like they are. But there will be no two way conversation...I don't hate women. I just understand what use they are to me.​

-----

I find women's personalities in general to be lackluster and boring, serving little purpose in my day to day life.​

-----

Would you believe that religion and shaming of divorce was put into place to control female hypergamy? What you see today, with the decline of the control the church has on our society: divorce rates going up. Men getting screwed. Men inventing game to counteract the changes feminism brought to our society.​

-----

women will gladly see to it that you do, in fact, die alone...Women will do what they want. They will do what ever fits their fancy. They just plainly do not give a shit!...But you have to be awake to the reality that in the woman's mind- her emotions are the only thing that matters to her. She will be fickle and can easily up and leave with literally no regrets...​

-----

Religion and Marriage were constructed to keep female hypergamy in check. Unfortunately, infidelity is no longer looked down upon and excommunication from the church doesn't matter. Since women can make money themselves, there's literally no reason for them to stay married.​

-----

Women voting was an inevitability. I do believe old social structures like religion, marriage, honor, family lines, stuff like that were all constructs to keep hypergamy in check (among other things). As we lost those, we lost monogamy...If sexual strategy is amoral, then the question I guess we should ask women is this: Are you happier now? Though I don't think we'd get a terribly insightful answer to that, because there are plenty of women from old traditional marriages that are happy despite the controls keeping their hypergamy in check. If we ask a chick from today, she'd look at the old ways and say "heck no!" to that, because it wouldn't feed her hypergamous instinct, no matter how unhappy that truly makes her.​

-----

Feminism is a sexual strategy. It puts women into the best position they can find, to select mates, to determine when they want to switch mates, to locate the best dna possible, and to garner the most resources they can individually achieve...Yes, game got a bad reputation from girls who demonize manipulation. This is because game is an effective strategy against their own sexual strategy. I believe women's opposition to game can be attributed to the unconscious factors in women's sexual strategy​

-----

Today's women are trained the following way: 1. Following your emotions will make you happy. 2.If something makes you unhappy, you must not have been following your emotions. 3. Therefore, if something makes them unhappy, it goes to show that they did not opt for that decision, because following their emotions will make them happy, and therefore they follow their emotions...nobody taught women that their decisions could possibly have a negative or less than perfect consequence...Standing strong as a man means pushing forward. We do not concern ourselves with our current emotional state. Instead, we put objectives in our head and work towards them. If something makes us unhappy, we make objectives to rectify the situation. Our current emotional state is something we work in spite of, not as slaves to. Women, however, have no such inclination...​

-----

Sometimes people call me an asshole. They say what I do is wrong or evil towards women. You know what I always say back? "Well if they stopped rewarding my behavior with sex, I probably wouldnt do it!"​

-----

I feel zero regret or shame pumping and dumping.

-----

Due to statutory rape laws, perfectly viable women under 18 are out of bounds. Fine. Evolutionarily, that was never a problem, but today we have to deal with it. So 18 is the bottom end. And for women, 30 is wall. So women have a window of 12 years.​

-----

I spin a soft harem.​

-----

I live in an area unaffected by racism...nd my life is untouched by sexism...trust me- it's not popular to just say to a woman "Stop being a bitch." Not because she wasn't, but because she justifies her emotions by having emotions...​

-----

This particular brand of woman is entitled and thinks bringing a pair of boobs grants her equal footing with somebody bringing intelligence or a personality. The least she could do is approach dating with some humility. Not everybody is going to pay your meal ticket because of your tits.​

-----

The only problem I've had with seddit is the growing culture of betatude that's cropping up in the comments on all posts there. Things like "no don't do that, it's creepy" which really steers the conversation in the wrong way.​

-----

Well for instance, the increased awareness of rape- through feminism- has enlisted white knights to start doing the mental gymnastics for them. Guys start looking at other guys as rapists, anybody exhibiting what's considered "creepy" behavior is now on watch.​

-----

We not paranoid, in fact we're just realists!...We're becoming strangely good at a sexual strategy, and we're using evolutionary theory to lead the way...It can easily be seen when I describe an incredibly erotic night with a women I just met and get accusations of being creepy or rapey from everybody except the woman who enjoyed the fuck out of herself that night.​

-----

There is literally no legal protection I can think of that could eliminate the risk of a previous sexual partner of mine falsely accusing me of rape, no matter what the circumstances. I now have a video recorder in my room.

-----

Also if she feels insulted, your incidence of false rape accusations or pregnancy scares go waaaaaaaaay up. You might think I'm paranoid, but statistically, I'm overdue for a false rape allegation.

-----

I'm going to say it- Rape isn't an absolute bad, because the rapist I think probably likes it a lot. I think he'd say it's quite good, really.​

-----

15 year old girls have boobs. Puberty doesnt strike at 18 overnight. Secondly, not creepy- 15 year old girls and guys are commonly sexually active. Its just illegal.​

-----

(in response to someone saying that the Rep's point was "one should not have sex with underage girls because one might go to jail, not because there is anything actually wrong with it."): That is precisely my point. Biologically having kids that early was pretty normal. In fact, a lot of cultures on our planet still do this. It's only our culture and a handful of other recent cultures that started protecting the young adults- and get this, it used to be only women protected with age of consent laws...In my opinion, since these are no longer factors due to birth control, it should no longer be a consideration.

-----

(in response to a video leak where Stuebenville High Schoolers are joking about raping a teenager 'deader than Trayvon Martin'): So a bunch of guys made rape jokes... lacking class for sure, but.. not wtf nor news worthy.​

When I'm out with friends, including girls, you know EXACTLY what the conversation will entail, it's gossip or fashion, pop culture, trendiness, personal experiences. Nothing abstract. They do not chat in the abstract...when I told myself I thought they were smart, I really had the footnote in the back of my head... smart.. for a woman...But you know what two-way conversation I'm never going to have with a woman is? About how interesting special relativity is. How I consider the free-will argument to be moot because time travel causes paradoxes that render the concept nonsensical. Oh, sure, they'll be interested, or at least act like they are. But there will be no two way conversation...I don't hate women. I just understand what use they are to me.​

I've only read this quote so far, but who the hell talks about special relativity in casual conversation?

Posting the online accounts and activity of a public (political) figure is not a doxxing. The person is presumably already openly accessible to the public by phone and email. Even the personal conversations, phone messages, and emails of public figures can be argued to be news, if their exposure serves the public good. Where a news organization draws that line will very often delineate between a respectable news source and a tabloid.

On the other hand, exposing the true identity of an anonymous internet user, or private personal contact information of a normal social media user or celebrity, is doxxing. The intent is not exposure of wrongdoing or gain of information, but harassment or punishment. For example, Gawker doxxed Donald Trump during the election by revealing his private phone number. The Washington Post revealing excerpts of President Trump's conversations with the Mexican president or posting a picture of his Twitter account is not a doxxing.

I've only read this quote so far, but who the hell talks about special relativity in casual conversation?

The kind of person who rages that women don't understand how deep he is and how much he has to offer, despite placing models and bartenders at the top of his food chain.

You want to talk nerdy, date nerds.

Toxi

Banned
I am going to take a wild guess that Robert Fischer doesn't actually talk about special relativity at more than a high school level.

lol at that free will bit of the quote and being discredited by time travel paradoxes.

Yeah, using scifi to discredit religious doctrine is really deep and super smart. Maybe the women aren't biting on that one because it was a stupid argument.

riotous

Banned
lol at that free will bit of the quote and being discredited by time travel paradoxes.

Yeah, using scifi to discredit religious doctrine is really deep and super smart. Maybe the women aren't biting on that one because it was a stupid argument.

LOL; it's the most idiotic "Trying to sound smart" thing I've ever read.

How I consider the free-will argument to be moot because time travel causes paradoxes that render the concept nonsensical.

Like seriously.. in a paragraph about how women are allegedly all unintelligent..

rucury

Banned
I once had a friend (once as in he is no longer my friend) that talked to me about the red pill and how he thought it was a cool idea... guy had failed miserably to get dates with girls recently as was just looking for any excuse to not blame himself. i could barely believe the shit he was trying to convince me of, and more than likely trying to convince himself of.

piece of trash place that spews hate and preys on the self conscious.

Gattsu25

Banned
I once had a friend (once as in he is no longer my friend) that talked to me about the red pill and how he thought it was a cool idea... guy had failed miserably to get dates with girls recently as was just looking for any excuse to not blame himself. i could barely believe the shit he was trying to convince me of, and more than likely trying to convince himself of.

piece of trash place that spews hate and preys on the self conscious.

Yeah, I can't even imagine how off putting and disconcerting that conversation was :(

Kasumin

They sound like beta cucks.

That's the thing that gets me. The guys shouting the whole alpha male rhetoric loudest are often, upon further investigation, the biggest cucks of all (by their definition of the word). Their levels of projections onto other men who don't give a shit about such stupid ideas is staggering. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

As to the people pointing out that this guy is a Republican, the Daily Beast article says he initially ran as a Democrat and lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom