• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Jigolo

1 question for the Manga readers so I can put things into perspective. No spoilers just a simple yes/no, he or he would win will suffice.

Hisoka vs King Chimera Ant, who wins?

tenchir

1 question for the Manga readers so I can put things into perspective. No spoilers just a simple yes/no, he or he would win will suffice.

Yes/No
King wins.

Read this for a bit more perspective. Bit spoilerish.
Hisoka is no where near the the King's league, I doubt Hisoka can even handle one of the royal guard.

Jigolo

Yes/No
King wins.

Read this for a bit more perspective. Bit spoilerish.
Hisoka is no where near the the King's league, I doubt Hisoka can even handle one of the royal guard.

No fucking way. LOL I'm stunned right now after reading this.

I'm now (super) hyped to see how this arc will end. I'm kind of speechless right now and don't even know what to think in terms of power levels anymore.

Radec

Without spoiling any names beyond the anime and the King..

1. King
2. Netero
3. *******
4-6. Royal Guards
7. Zeno or probably Silva
8. Kuroro
9. Hisoka

:p

OmegaX

No fucking way. LOL I'm stunned right now after reading this.

I'm now (super) hyped to see how this arc will end. I'm kind of speechless right now and don't even know what to think in terms of power levels anymore.

It's not like Hisoka is the strongest human fighter anyway. I can think of at least 4 or 5 stronger human Nen users.

bigkrev

Fucked x Fucked 84

Cat Lady seems absurdly powerful, and being the first of 3 (so probably the weakest?) bodes poorly for all humans. Was glad to see Pokkle managed to survive, only to have his brain fucked with, and his likely death next episode.

Glad to see Colt has Nen now- of course, this episode sets up all the Ants having Nen in the future, so I wonder how this is going to play out.

Also, how is this doing in Japan? This is such an unsettling tonal change, I'm wondering if its kept the audience.

Fucked x Fucked 84

Cat Lady seems absurdly powerful, and being the first of 3 (so probably the weakest?) bodes poorly for all humans. Was glad to see Pokkle managed to survive, only to have his brain fucked with, and his likely death next episode.

Glad to see Colt has Nen now- of course, this episode sets up all the Ants having Nen in the future, so I wonder how this is going to play out.

Also, how is this doing in Japan? This is such an unsettling tonal change, I'm wondering if its kept the audience.

Well the manga is quite popular in Japan so I doubt there will be much losing of audience.

Lulubop

Fucked x Fucked 84

HxH has been on and off Hiatus since around 2006, starting during this arc I believe. Dispute that volume sales still rank in the top 3.

Oh man, time for THIS episode. I'll watch it tomorrow morning.

Fucked x Fucked 84

Next episode? Haven't watched this episode yet, but pretty sure that at least in the manga
he was inmediately literally butchered the moment they finished the brain interrogation thing.

Xint

I am having horrible withdrawal. I got really hooked and watched all the episodes, and then read the manga just to satisfy my curiousity of what's coming next. I don't know why I like this show so much, but is there any recommendations for "similar" ones?

I did start with One Piece, and while good, it feels kind of silly in the beginning. Should I continue with that or is there anything better? I really like how "gritty" and shocking the Chimera Ant Arc was. It gave me the same kind of goosebump-feelings as Death Note.

Haven't seen alot of shonen except Naruto I guess.

Mendrox

I am having horrible withdrawal. I got really hooked and watched all the episodes, and then read the manga just to satisfy my curiousity of what's coming next. I don't know why I like this show so much, but is there any recommendations for "similar" ones?

I did start with One Piece, and while good, it feels kind of silly in the beginning. Should I continue with that or is there anything better? I really like how "gritty" and shocking the Chimera Ant Arc was. It gave me the same kind of goosebump-feelings as Death Note.

Have to disappoint you but there is nothing really like HxH... it's just that good.

You could try to read Magi The Labyrinth of Magic.

Or To Love-Ru Darkness. :lol:

Tizoc

One Piece gets better, but it will take a couple of arcs for you to like it.
Other than that check out Fate Zero, Zetman and FMA Brotherhood.

daniels

Well you can always get drunk and watch the musicals for a HunterxHunter fever dream mindfuck >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWS3Ew2ol2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq1Qu_KGWVU&list=PL437E986C9B994535

upandaway

I love how the water divination doesn't just tell you the type but also proficiency to a level. Just after Rammot's aura releases and he goes to do the water divination, the water flows out pretty high, compared to Gon's tiny little droplet barely pushing itself over (and Gon's the "one in a million" dude here). Pitou's leaf just instantly withered to crumbles!
It's a crazy world out there man.

Yeah I'm not sure there's anything quite like HxH out there. Yu Yu Hakusho gets the same kind of feel sometimes, I guess, and Muv Luv Alternative accomplishes an atmosphere very similar to the Ant Arc, but goes about it somewhat differently. For about the first half of it, Psyren did a lot of things similarly to Hunter x Hunter that you don't see anywhere else often (so HxH was obviously an inspiration for it). Mx0 is completely different in every way ever, but I'd still mention it since it does power usage and battle strategy a bit like HxH, but yeah it's completely different.
One Piece and HxH are together the best examples you can get to how different, yet still good, two shonen series can be. They have nothing in common.

Next episode? Haven't watched this episode yet, but pretty sure that at least in the manga
he was inmediately literally butchered the moment they finished the brain interrogation thing.

Ok, yeah, just confirmed that, this episode,
just like not showing him with his skull open, they didn't show him getting butchered.

So don't think you'll see anything related to that next week.

Jigolo

So I just got caught up with the manga up to where the anime stops. Actually episode 84 only went up to half of chapter 198. So after I finished reading 198......holy shit. HOLY SHIT. Next weeks episode is gonna be good. So good.

I decided I am going to read the chapters up to where I am on the anime since the anime does lack some details. And it shows after reading the manga; just so much more detail about things in there. Not just that but the gore in all it's glory is in the manga too.

So currently I'm stopping on chapter 199 since that is where the anime is up to. But FUCK I can't wait to see episode 85. I'll probably watch up to episode 90 before I start reading again. Just so there is more material.

Also after reading the few chapters that I have in the Chimera Ant arc I can see why you guys are excited about this being animated. The few chapters that I read didn't have the best drawings...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The interrogation scene was worse in the manga. I knew it would be censored, but it would have been awesome to see it in its glory. Too bad they skipped the butchering afterwards!

Overall great episode. Pitou is awesome.

Top Bottom