• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Akainu

2011 version just happens to show a shot or two of it more comparatively. This is kind of the opposite of the Jones scene during the Hunter Exam where the 1999 version doesn't really censor it at all and I think the 2011 does a bit more.
Yeah they show Jones still beating heart and Killua smashing it. It's wrapped in a shirt in the newer one and Killua just puts it in Jones' hand.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Kind of hard to say because it lasted something like 10 years since Togashi was ALWAYS on hiatus. I would say it's pretty inconsistent, but had some very high highs and an absolutely insane finale.

Think I like the auction arc a bit more though.

Agreed, the auction arc is probably my favorite storyline in HxH

Radec

I got really turned off when they introduced the Ants. We are having normal looking Nen Users and was looking forward for the Ryodan's next move, then bam! here comes the ants :/

smurfx

get some go again
I got really turned off when they introduced the Ants. We are having normal looking Nen Users and was looking forward for the Ryodan's next move, then bam! here comes the ants :/
i liked the ant arc much better the 2nd time reading it. the long ass breaks in between chapters didn't help much.

upandaway

i liked the ant arc much better the 2nd time reading it. the long ass breaks in between chapters didn't help much.
The invasion especially was great in one go. The first time reading I didn't even pay attention to the timer, the second time I really enjoyed following it around.

Diablos54

Episode 45:

Dude got a hand though his chest. What happened to the censoring this arc? Of course that's a good thing! The next few weeks are going to be good.

And why were Gon/Killua black in the Hunterpedia!?

upandaway

Was the music always this good? I really enjoyed it in the latest episode.

I'm considering watching this. Is it on par with the original or did they screw it up?
I wouldn't recommend it over the original for the first 40 or so episodes but it got pretty good after that.

I think Episode 47 deserves to be seen, a really great starting point for finally getting the main characters involved with the phantom troupe. Though Im not one for
one sided matches that end in deaths, ruthless even
so I guess thats why but the match up just didnt have many wow moments. Like my favorite part was just when Kurapika was in the air in front of the moon, which was red and looked cool, as well as just the
Healer Chain move as well as when he revealed he's a specialst and the mindblowing sensation that he is master of all nen types, wow
. Oh well, he'll still, at this point in time be my third favorite of the main crew. I still think Killua is stronger, if they are going against non spider members.

End eps spoils:
Black and white part was nice style, but why so bloody

Kaizer

Banned
This thread hasn't active in a while, but man, I'm really enjoying this much more than any other Shounen anime currently. I was reading the manga but stopped at this arc and have just been watching it week to week. Gon and Killua that close to the Phantom Troupe was hella tense.

tumblr_mbjchzQyAx1qlhqfdo1_r2_500.gif

Going back to the first version of Departure! I hope that means that next week will be a different song, though I kind of like Departure, especially the Uvo image when the song says "You can smile".

This episode was quite amazing especially off of last weeks, Gon and Killua always have such a gripping moment, and this time like last I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Both Gon statements to Killua
when they were in the room and then the one when they escaped and Gon was like its his job to be stupid and Killua's to be cool and etc
were really awesome and touching. Love their bond and friendship so much and I hope we get way more time with them.

50 episodes in and I think I enjoy this way more than most of the other long running series were at for 50 episodes. Going back I think Ive only had really minor complaints that arent really important in the grand scheme of the series. After experiencing some of YYH (up to volume 5) and now HxH, this writer for this series is really talented and consistently delivers much of what I want. Id definitely put him in my top three writers for manga, and is possibly starting to rival and dethrone Fairy Tail as my favorite longish shounen series.

upandaway

This thread hasn't active in a while, but man, I'm really enjoying this much more than any other Shounen anime currently. I was reading the manga but stopped at this arc and have just been watching it week to week. Gon and Killua that close to the Phantom Troupe was hella tense.
Was that on purpose or were you really lucky? Because that's a great place to make the switch, you skipped all the iffy episodes and it's pretty good now.

That moment where Nobunaga looked at the window after talking to Phinx on the phone, that was tense as hell.

I know this hasn't been very active but holy shit at the latest episode.

-It was fantastic and the scene with the laughing hitman whose body had been partially eaten was a genuinely creepy and unsettling scene.

-I also really liked the music that accompanied the montage of the troupe members wreaking havoc.

-It was neat that the music at the end, continued all the way through the credits rather than switching over to the typical ending theme.

I can't wait to see how the remake handles the rest of this arc.

The Hunterpedia was wayyyy too much of a whimsy overload after the last 5 mins of that episode and the credits.

Yes that was odd. I actually thought they weren't even going to do a hunterpedia segment for the latest episode.

I think I still prefer the original over the remake, but they've still been doing a good job with the auction arc.

Ultimatum

Banned
I wish more people would watch this, the series is getting insanely good. I watched the original years ago and only remember key parts, so watching this now is a hell of a ride.

bigkrev

Having never seen the original, I'm in love with this show. It started out kinda slow, but has been picking up like crazy the last dozen episodes or so.

Piecake

I love the original, so ill definitely check out this eventually. I kinda want to wait for the GI arc since that was done so poorly in the original.

ep 51
tumblr_mbvgkh863R1qenmvqo1_500.gif

Sure there was no Gon or Killua but it was still a good episode. The ending moments were so worth it and the identity of the two dudes unveiled was actually pretty exciting.
Based on what weve seen of Killua, I cant even imagine the type of skill level and power that the Silva and Zeno Goldicks may even possess. Hopefully Feitan and Shalnark arent their targets, I dont want to see either die. and speaking of Feitan, I hope he gets a good fight, easily the best Phantom Troupe member. Shalnark is alright too but I cant see how he'd fight with that ability in a one on one (also is he a Hunter?)

Chrollo is such a good antagonist, best looks, and just that personality.
Im assuming he wont die, based on that prophecy? I dont think the Phantom Troupe would disband or he can die because then that leaves Kurapika with a useless power the rest of the series...So I guess he has some ability that will make him resilient against Kurapika's epic god tier abilities

Wait, is my memory failing on the old adaptation or did they never actually show what all of the Troupe members were doing as things went down within this episode's frame?

One of the people working on it said Togashi wanted to turn this into a full time kinda thing so I'd be surprised (and mildly disappointed) if it doesn't.

Then he better get off his ass. The longer he stays on hiatus, the closer the anime gets to the current manga arc. Would be a shame for it to have the same fate as the original anime for the exact same reason.

Kyuur

Why couldn't they just end the anime where the manga has currently ended for the hiatus? Seems like a perfect spot imo. They can come back with 'Hunter x Hunter 2' or something, ala Naruto Shippuden.

AB12

Why couldn't they just end the anime where the manga has currently ended for the hiatus? Seems like a perfect spot imo. They can come back with 'Hunter x Hunter 2' or something, ala Naruto Shippuden.

Since it is going to take Togashi 5+ years to complete the arc he started in his last hiatus.
King of Hiatus and all

But I agree that the anime would cover up to the point of the lastest chapter in the manga. It has been 7 years since the last OVA to the start of the new anime. They might do OVAs again if they catch up to him.
Most likely.

Einhander

Episode 51 was good, but it's too bad
there wasn't very much fighting, besides that twisted scene at the end of Chrollo picking apart one of the assassins with his man-eating Nen fish.
Episode 52 is going to be even better. I can't wait until next week.

Oh, and Shalnark is my favorite Phantom Troupe member. (as you can tell from my avatar) I like his positive and charismatic attitude.

You don't let a property stay dormant for that long. People will lose interest and there will be little fanfare when it comes back. That's one of the reasons there hasn't been another OVA or series since G.I. Final, and that's why they're rebooting it now.

As for Shippuden, well it started directly after the original series ended. Yeah, I know you're going to point at the 2 years of filler, but it was still consistently on air.

Kazerei

Banned
Lately, the new adaptation has been a bit slower and more detailed. It started out much more fast-paced, but now they're taking their time with this arc. I don't mind 'cause it's the best arc in the series :)

But I feel like episode 51 (new adaptation) wasn't as dramatic as episode 61 (old adaptation). I think it's mainly because alot of sound effects are missing, such as
the screams of the mafia forces.

tenchir

Does anyone knows if this series will cover the ant arc?

I don't know, the ant arc is more bleak/gruesome than this arc
would they really animate children getting killed or people being eaten? How would they tone that down? There was a particularly gruesome part where one of the new hunter from the exam gets captured, then with his scalp off gets brain needle probe by one of the royal guard, and finally butchered like meat for the queen.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Finally caught up. I watched the original many years ago and it's strange how I don't remember a thing about the series, apart from recognizing the main characters (+ 1 or 2 more). I even went back to the old series just to see if it really had the same events going down (and most of the time it did, of course).
But judging from the responses in this thread, I guess it's for the best that the new version of HxH is basically like a new series for me. Anyway, I find it very enjoyable, they always manage to hook me enough with something in every episode to keep me going.

Top Bottom