• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Info: Trump's Ties to Sergei Millian, Russian Intelligence (& Detailed Timeline)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take your "evidence" from 2008 as an example:

I'm not sure what the point is to any of this. Wealthy Russians were putting their money prime real estate all around the globe at this point. Take this article from The Guardian in 2007 for example:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2007/apr/13/2

There's about a million other articles around this period and documenting the same thing.

There's nothing remotely relevant or interesting about anything you've put together. Lots of investors in Trump property were Russians. So what? That's pretty much what you'd expect. And Chinese and Arabs - anywhere where there was a whole lot of new wealth, the wealthy were buying prime real estate abroad. Trump probably looked at investing in all those countries as well, as if those people were buying prime real estate abroad, it probably meant there was enough wealth in those countries to support domestic investments.

Basically it's just a whole lot of Russian bashing. Some guy called Dmitry Rybolovlev buying a house off Trump means he gets named in your fake news as well.

Stop being a contrarian tool in every thread and spouting "fake news" when the dude has all his sources well documented and has a clear line of logic. And now the WSJ is reporting on it as well, and they are owned by fucking Rupert Murdoch. I'm seeing you do this shit in every thread. Cut it out.

Polari

He said the OP is just posting fake news and now the WSJ is actually reporting pretty much the same stuff.

They're not though - they're reporting that he was a source for the dossier. The only real source claiming he has close ties to Trump is still just the guy himself, beyond that photo. Trump Org, Cohen all deny he had anything to do with him: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-r...ce-key-trump-dossier-claims/story?id=45019603

And I maintain 90% of the facts "reported" in the OP are irrelevant, as you can see in the example I provided. That's not journalism, that's implying conclusions can be drawn from facts that don't back it up.

If concrete evidence of a close relationship between Trump and this guy turns up, I'll gladly take a walk though.

ZOONAMI

They're not though - they're reporting that he was a source for the dossier. The only real source claiming he has close ties to Trump is still just the guy himself, beyond that photo. Trump Org, Cohen all deny he had anything to do with him: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-r...ce-key-trump-dossier-claims/story?id=45019603

And I maintain 90% of the facts "reported" in the OP are irrelevant, as you can see in the example I provided. That's not journalism, that's implying conclusions can be drawn from facts that don't back it up.

If concrete evidence of a close relationship between Trump and this guy turns up, I'll gladly take a walk though.

So, you are just going to take the word of Michael Cohen over the well put together and sourced paper trail of connections and sources listed in the OP?

Do you think he spoke favorably of Trump with the Russian press and press elsewhere out of the kindness of his own heart?

Why would he be at the black tie inauguration event if Cohen and the Trump org seem to be hostile with him as they themselves claim since the summer of this year? Here is on stage on Jan 20.

Seems to have some ties to me.

f24235ea-d367-4b90-b19a-48af9c02f7a0-original.jpeg

Polari

So, you are just going to take the word of Michael Cohen over the well put together and sourced paper trail of connections and sources listed in the OP?

Do you think he spoke favorably of Trump with the Russian press and press elsewhere out of the kindness of his own heart?

Why would he be at the black tie inauguration event if Cohen and the Trump org seem to be hostile with him as they themselves claim since the summer of this year? Here is on stage on Jan 20.

Seems to have some ties to me.

f24235ea-d367-4b90-b19a-48af9c02f7a0-original.jpeg

I don't know how you get tickets for something like that - I assume some are just for sale? As for why he keeps blabbing Trump's name (he even gave an interview to ABC News back in July), I'm guessing he wants publicity. If he's colluding with Trump or a Russian intelligence agent he's doing a pretty shit job flying under the radar. Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is also the most probable.

Guy.brush

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228363285&postcount=12831

Ex Mi-6 agent Chris Steele's 35 page long opposition research dossier on Trump is dated October 18th and has this bombshell in it:
Russian State Oil Company CEO Sechin (who is part of Putin's inner circle) offered Trump/Page associates 19% stake in Rosneft if personal and state sanctions were lifted.
SOURCE: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf

On November 7th, Russia signed the deal to sell 19.5% of its stake in Rosneft - which amounts to $11 billion - to Glencore Plc and Qatar sovereign wealth fund.
Commodity trader Glencore Plc and Qatar’s sovereign wealth fund agreed to buy a 10.2-billion euro ($11 billion) stake in Russia’s largest oil producer from the state in a triumph for President Vladimir Putin over sanctions imposed by the West.
SOURCE:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...for-11-billion

ZOONAMI

I don't know how you get tickets for something like that - I assume some are just for sale? As for why he keeps blabbing Trump's name (he even gave an interview to ABC News back in July), I'm guessing he wants publicity. If he's colluding with Trump or a Russian intelligence agent he's doing a pretty shit job flying under the radar. Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is also the most probable.

You can use Occam's razor to support a connection here too. Does press interviews for Trump, says he has worked with trump, had a broker deal with trump, has met trump, is at trumps inauguration.

Probably connected to Trump.

Your argument is that he isn't connected to Trump. The simplest answer is that he is.

He has 82 twitter followers, and he has largely been off the radar since late summer, when rumblings about russian interference started to surface. By his own admission he distanced himself because of Russian connections. He may not actually be a spy, but may genuinely have connections to Russians who knew of the Kompromat. He may very well just inadvertently be a source for intel, and that might explain his relative stupidity in posting a picture of himself on stage at a Trump event. My guess is he will completely disappear after this story has broke (he is already not responding to the press).

Either way, you can't just openly dismiss OP as fake news. There are sources, interviews, and photos that establish facts. You coming in here saying it's a bunch of BS without any other sourcing than Cohen should be met with more scrutiny than OP's post. Legitimate news organizations, you may have noticed, are not calling this fake news. They are reporting on it and asking Cohen about it. Cohen's word should be met with extreme scrutiny given he is implicated in the very dossier that may have been sourced by Millian (and Millian's intel is corroborated by other sources according to WSJ).

Syncytia

Oh yeah, Cohen and Trumps people deny they are involved with Russia. They would definitely just admit if they were colluding with them.

ZOONAMI

Oh yeah, Cohen and Trumps people deny they are involved with Russia. They would definitely just admit if they were colluding with them.

Right, lol.

Cohen: Dammit, you've got us. Yeah we are very close with Sergei and he definitely could be one of the sources for that dossier. I guess some of it might not be fake.

By saying they do have strong ties to him it would legitimize the dossier and strengthen evidence of Russian collusion, so obviously cohen is going to distance himself and trump from him.

Polari

Same thing he does in all these threads: defends Trump to the last breath while denying that he's a Trump supporter to the last breath.

I don't really care if you guys think I'm a Trump supporter (I've made plenty of posts that would indicate I'm not), but it seems like it would be better for the discussion if you attacked the content of my posts rather than me though. It's fine if people want to debate whether or not I'm right in calling it fake news for example.

I don't really care if you guys think I'm a Trump supporter (I've made plenty of posts that would indicate I'm not), but it seems like it would be better for the discussion if you attacked the content of my posts rather than me though. It's fine if people want to debate whether or not I'm right in calling it fake news for example.

The content of your posts attacks itself.

Like.

It can't be "fake news".

The points are sourced.

You can argue about whether the individual pieces add up to a true narrative, or if the links are just convenient.

But "fake news" is, e.g., saying "Sergei Millian is in the White House right now making Trump lick his face in exchange for Putin's blessing."

In that it's something I just made up. I have nothing to substantiate it. It's a fabrication spun to muddy the waters of reality.

Saying "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence" is not that because there are facts that substantiate a relationship right in front of us.

C'mon.

Ketch

I sometimes wonder if these theories sound as crazy to conservatives as the birther movement was to liberals.

I want to believe, but it's just so out there.

To me it seems more similar to the conspiracy about Obama being a Muslim or having ties to the Muslim brotherhood. I seem to remember a lot of "proof" about who Obama associated with. And a lot of conclusion people drawn from that.

Polari

Like.

It can't be "fake news".

The points are sourced.

You can argue about whether the individual pieces add up to a true narrative, or if the links are just convenient.

But "fake news" is, e.g., saying "Sergei Millian is in the White House right now making Trump lick his face in exchange for Putin's blessing."

In that it's something I just made up. I have nothing to substantiate it. It's a fabrication spun to muddy the waters of reality.

Saying "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence" is not that because there are facts that substantiate a relationship right in front of us.

C'mon.

Yeah I mean I'm not disputing the facts, but I think saying "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence" is disingenuous considering the only evidence beyond the word of Millian is a photo from eight years ago, and I'm sure Trump has taken photos with tens of thousands of people in that timeframe. The other material (like I outlined from the 2008) seems designed to further obfuscate the fact no real evidence of ties has been established, beyond Millian's word. That meets my definition of "fake news", but clearly not everyone's.

The difference between this post and the WSJ article is that the WSJ story is that this guy who has been claiming he has links to Trump (which the article clearly states have never been verified and are denied by Trump Org and Cohen) is the source for the dossier (which has been widely reported to the extent that anything related to it is a news story in itself). The story isn't "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence".

BowieZ

Banned
Yeah I mean I'm not disputing the facts, but I think saying "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence" is disingenuous...
Firstly, I understand "Trump has ties" is a loaded phrase. You're assuming I meant to impart the most negative connotation. I didn't. (I even updated the OP to reflect this.) Once again, I apologise if it was misleading in any way. However, technically speaking he *does* have ties. Now, they may be tenuous. I'm not disputing that.

But secondly, you're being disingenuous. It would indeed have been disingenuous of me to position the thread as something biased and conspiratorial like "Newly discovered links prove deeply entrenched ties between Trump and known Russian intelligence operative," and write a vague flowery hit piece with poor sourcing. Instead, I did the complete opposite. I simply presented all the facts I could find relevant to a potentially incriminating connection, and let the reader judge for themselves. The reason for me doing this is that there's the potential for the U.S. President to be a traitor. It's not an accusation. But that potential deserves investigation and as much clear information as possible.

BowieZ

Banned
^ Guy.brush linked to his post in another thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228363285&postcount=12831) above. I'm not sure if he broke the info on GAF though.

Holy shit, GAF works at Reuters now too. I remember a post of compiled sources with the outline of this article.
Yeah, that 19.5% story another GAFer worked on is also an extremely important "tie" to investigate. Possibly even more important.

It's hard to say which clues are important until all the pieces are assembled to create the full picture (which is why I decided to make this thread; it may turn out to be nothing at all, or unequivocally crucial).

Yeah I mean I'm not disputing the facts, but I think saying "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence" is disingenuous considering the only evidence beyond the word of Millian is a photo from eight years ago,
The difference between this post and the WSJ article is that the WSJ story is that this guy who has been claiming he has links to Trump (which the article clearly states have never been verified and are denied by Trump Org and Cohen) is the source for the dossier (which has been widely reported to the extent that anything related to it is a news story in itself). The story isn't "Trump has ties to Sergei Millian and Russian intelligence".
You're downplaying this so fucking hard.

Of course trump and cohen would deny. Is this your first day on earth? Why do you think they would not deny? Someone accused of high treason will of course deny the accusation. It means absolutely nothing. Their word has zero standing, and you should not quote it.

Second, Millian was at Trump inauguration in a VIP event. Meaning, he has enough sway over Trump to get that access.

Third, you are doing fake news shtick over fucking WSJ. If you didn't know, WSJ is Rupert Murdoch owned right-leaning paper that hates Democrats and Hillary's guts.

RCSI

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228363285&postcount=12831

Ex Mi-6 agent Chris Steele's 35 page long opposition research dossier on Trump is dated October 18th and has this bombshell in it:
Russian State Oil Company CEO Sechin (who is part of Putin's inner circle) offered Trump/Page associates 19% stake in Rosneft if personal and state sanctions were lifted.
SOURCE: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf

On November 7th, Russia signed the deal to sell 19.5% of its stake in Rosneft - which amounts to $11 billion - to Glencore Plc and Qatar sovereign wealth fund.
Commodity trader Glencore Plc and Qatar's sovereign wealth fund agreed to buy a 10.2-billion euro ($11 billion) stake in Russia's largest oil producer from the state in a triumph for President Vladimir Putin over sanctions imposed by the West.
SOURCE:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...for-11-billion

Interesting tidbit from this article:

According to a source close to Rosneft's management board, the deal came as a surprise to Rosneft's shareholders, including Britain's BP (BP.L), which itself owns 19.75 percent of Rosneft and is represented on its board.

The Rosneft board learned about the sale from Sechin himself only on Dec. 7, several hours after Sechin recorded his televised meeting with Putin announcing it, the source said.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

http://www.wsj.com/articles/key-claims-in-trump-dossier-came-from-head-of-russian-american-business-group-source-1485253804"]http://www.wsj.com/articles/key-claims-in-trump-dossier-came-from-head-of-russian-american-business-group-source-1485253804[/URL]

Wall Street Journal said:
Mr. Millian, who posted photos of himself at several VIP events at the Trump inauguration last week, said in an email that the information in the dossier was ”fake news (created by sick minds)," and was ”an attempt to distract the future president from real work."

Mr. Millian didn't respond to a long list of other questions, including whether he was a source for the dossier.

Michael Cohen, a Trump Organization executive vice president who is resigning to become Mr. Trump's personal attorney, said he was baffled by the idea that Mr. Millian could have been a source for claims in the dossier about events, such as a 2013 Moscow hotel stay, that he had nothing to do with.

Mr. Cohen said ”there is not an ounce of truth" to Mr. Millian's claims to have had a relationship with Mr. Trump or the Trump Organization. Mr. Millian had met Mr. Trump once, at a photo op, Mr. Cohen said.

Cohen is showing his ass.

And so are you

BowieZ

Banned

I wonder if the bank Intesa SanPaolo has something to do with this.

Italian bank Intesa to help fund Rosneft deal for Glencore and Qatar: sources

Wikipedia - Intesa SanPaolo

Intesa Sanpaolo Activities in Russia

Note that Michael Cohen, the implicated Trump lawyer, spent his infamous "holiday" in Italy last June-July.

EDIT:
Did some digging.

Intesa SanPaolo (a merger with Russian bank Bank Intesa)'s two top staff are:
- Chairman Gian Maria Gros-Pietro
- Deputy chairperson Paolo Andrea Colombo
- Both of them have worked in the past at Eni - an Italian multinational oil and gas company headquartered in Rome.
- Eni was involved in the Central Energy Italian Gas Holding scandal of 2005 (see below).
- Central Energy Italian Gas Holding (CEIGH) is a gas distribution and trade company. It is a part of the Centrex Group, a company related to Gazprom. A deal between Italian Eni and Gazprom picked CEIGH as a partner delivering gas to Italy.
- Gazprom is a large Russian company, founded in 1989, which carries on the business of extraction, production, transport, and sale of natural gas.

The scandal:

A deal between Italian Eni and Gazprom picked CEIGH as a partner delivering gas to Italy.

Investigations by members of the Italian parliament revealed that Bruno Mentasti-Granelli, who is known as a close friend of Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, owns 33 percent of CEIGH through two companies, Hexagon Prima and Hexagon Seconda.

The deal was denounced due to the spreading scandal. Italian parliament blocked the contract, accusing Berlusconi of having a personal interest in the contract.

Robert Nowikovsky, an Austrian lawyer linked to Russian operations, was one of the company's directors.

The 2008 article "Berlusconi, Centrex, Hexagon 1 and 2 and Gazprom" suggested:

This subterfuge suggests that the Italian Prime Minister is deeply indebted to Moscow and will play the role of a loyal puppet, similar to that played by former German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder and former EU Commissioner Romano Prodi, who have been promoting the Kremlin's energy, and possibly other, interests in their home countries and in the EU in any which way they can.

And other scandals:

In 2009, the European Commission filed formal antitrust charges against Eni. The commission believes that Eni has conspired to keep competitors from using its gas pipelines.

In 2009 again, according to the WikiLeaks cables, US ambassador Lanier told Washington that bribery allegations were made in Uganda by Eni which at the time was in competition for oil assets in the country against Tullow Oil. The bribes were taken by the newly appointed Ugandan prime minister, Amama Mbabane.

After corruption charges against the subsidiary Saipem, Eni's CFO Alessandro Bernini had to resign and the new CFO Massimo Mondazzi took over in December 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom