• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

616Gpf9yKUL._SS400_.jpg

51x5JPA2uKL._SS400_.jpg

Whoa hold up
Sunsoft is doing a Galaxy Fight/Waku Waku 7 collection and Hudson is doing a PSP re-release of one of the most sought after PC-Engine CD games?

Crazy!

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Whoa hold up
Sunsoft is doing a Galaxy Fight/Waku Waku 7 collection and Hudson is doing a PSP re-release of one of the most sought after PC-Engine CD games?

Crazy!
Pretty awesome on both counts. I mean, Sapphire isn't relevant at all anymore (prerendered flat-shaded polys, lolz), but it's still pretty cool.

jiji said:
Pretty awesome on both counts. I mean, Sapphire isn't relevant at all anymore (prerendered flat-shaded polys, lolz), but it's still pretty cool.

Indeed. I'm getting a copy mainly for the novelty of it all(Sapphire also has a really good soundtrack..reminds me of Lords of Thunder)

Anyway here's a Play-Asia link to it:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-if-49-en-70-2qi4.html

Also it looks like Tengai Makyou: The Apocalypse is getting a re-release...though unless you don't own a Saturn I don't see much of a value in it since this version costs $30+ while the Saturn version can be had for $10.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-if-49-en-70-2qi5.html

There's another Tengai release that covers a few of the PC-Engine games and the fighter(!?) which was released on NeoGeo hardware. Interesting stuff.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
LRB1983 said:
2u7qddd.jpg

i think it's new

meh , one of worst japanese box arts this year .

anyway xbox360 J-box

Vampire's_Rain_.jpg

PS3 = D , X360 = Z , so PS3 port got a lower Cero's age rating , did artoon censored some stuff in the supposed to be extended version or something ?

Out of interest, where do you get all these from? I'm writing something about boxart at the moment, and would like to get some decent quality examples of recent Japanese artwork.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Infernal Monkey said:

Every episode name is a horrible innuendo:

"Doing It for the First Time?"
"Are We Becoming One?"
"Eat Deliciously?"
"Should We Enter Together?"
"Won't You Warm Me Up?"
"Can You Feel It?"
"Shall I Show Restraint?"
"I`m Getting Wet Already?"

Aru

McBacon said:
Every episode name is a horrible innuendo:

"Doing It for the First Time?"
"Are We Becoming One?"
"Eat Deliciously?"
"Should We Enter Together?"
"Won't You Warm Me Up?"
"Can You Feel It?"
"Shall I Show Restraint?"
"I`m Getting Wet Already?"

I love this series. So funny :D

LRB1983 said:

I often wonder what was going through the minds of the devs when they thought a light saber would simply clash with a metal sword despite being able to effortlessly hack off limbs and melt through inches of solid metal

hirokazu

Zoramon089 said:
I often wonder what was going through the minds of the devs when they thought a light saber would simply clash with a metal sword despite being able to effortlessly hack off limbs and melt through inches of solid metal
The millions of nerds who will complain, I'm sure ;)

minus_273

Banned
HyperZone<3 said:
B000JLCL7A.09._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50022843_.jpg
Professor Layton is Wi-Fi? Wow, can this game get any cooler?

And Rain, judging by the trailer, seems to be a supernatural tactical game. Splinter Cell mixed with Darkwatch, so to speak.

layton has daily DLC

minus_273 said:
layton has daily DLC
You do know that post was, like, a year ago right?

The swords are magic. In case you haven't noticed, Soul Calibur isn't exactly a realistic fighter.

minus_273

Banned
Death_Born said:
You do know that post was, like, a year ago right?

The swords are magic. In case you haven't noticed, Soul Calibur isn't exactly a realistic fighter.

aaand i just saw the date on the post. I was wondering why layton would come out so late in japan and not only that no one mentions the DLC.

yeah that and GTA 3 coming out after GTA 4...

Zoramon089 said:

It's definitly not a developer's choice to include the Star Wars franchise, it was decided by the publisher and the devs had to make it work, no other choice.

Kuran

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/086/86351/c20080616_26_sta_01_cs1w1_640x581.jpg

origstafi.jpg

I have discovered the original source image from which the talented Nintendo artists traced the picture.. no wonder the animals are so happy, they're swimming in liquid sugar!

Top Bottom