• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Japanese Boxarts

Persona86

Banned
61MAj1k%2BjbL.jpg

Sogood.gif

What is this? Some sort of music dating game?

Takao

Banned
That looks like something that would work so much better with some kind of stylus.

Is there one for the Vita?

I don't see how that would work better with a stylus (it's a conversion of an arcade game where you use your hands to do what you see in the video) ... Anyways, there isn't an official one, or really any third party ones designed for Vita, but any stylus designed for an iPad or other modern tablet/smartphone would work.

For anyone curious about AKB48, go to youtube and search for Heavy Rotation. That video was all over Japan last year, and it's where their uniforms on the box cover come from. That said, while it's a popular song with schoolkids of both genders and grandmothers alike, it definitely rides the edge of NSFW by some definitions, and good taste vs creepiness by many.

Curufinwe

Two young women in lingerie and bunny ears eating the same doughnut from either end isn't creepy or suggestive at all.

Hah, now they're basically scissoring in a tiny bathtub. Wholesome fun for the whole family.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't see how that would work better with a stylus (it's a conversion of an arcade game where you use your hands to do what you see in the video) ... Anyways, there isn't an official one, or really any third party ones designed for Vita, but any stylus designed for an iPad or other modern tablet/smartphone would work.

From the video I get the impression that his hands get in the way of half the screen all the time. With a stylus that wouldn't happen. And I'm guessing the Arcade's screen size is a hundred times larger than the Vita's, too.

It looks like a pretty cool game, though.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
A question

61KgeKc3rIL.jpg

What does it say on it? Just a curiosity. I recognise the Famitsu logo.

Onesimos

What I like about Japanese boxarts is how colorful and attractive to the eyes they are. I just wish that more attractive ones are used in Western releases.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
It looks very energetic. or hyperactive. or some other redundant but totally appropriate synonym.

it's very japan-y.

For anyone curious about AKB48, go to youtube and search for Heavy Rotation. That video was all over Japan last year, and it's where their uniforms on the box cover come from. That said, while it's a popular song with schoolkids of both genders and grandmothers alike, it definitely rides the edge of NSFW by some definitions, and good taste vs creepiness by many.

Things like that make me appreciate K-Pop all the way more. God, this is Mount Everest of creepy...

Sagitario

Mutsumi Inomata's name is still on this box, I thought they brought on a new character designer?

Or is that just there for returning characters?

All new characters are done by Daigo Okumura.
He used to design secondary and other non-playable characters (for example, the God Generals from Abyss were done by him).
This is his second time as the main artist/designer. First time was with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (which is why Ludger is getting an Emil costume).

Top Bottom