• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

I'm pretty sure they're getting Thief 4 out before the end of the fiscal year because they're basically writing off fiscal 2014. We really shouldn't expect XV to come out until 2015.
Eh, they need to have big releases regularly (from studios on both sides of the pond). They can't really operate by just not releasing anything for as long a time as a year. Releasing Thief 4 in Q1 2014 and not having much in the way of big games for (over) a year just isn't likely to happen. If Square Enix was ready to (re-)reveal FFXV at E3 this year, a release ~1,5 years later isn't anything unheard of (but would kind of be expected from the way SQEX usually operates nowadays). Not to even mention it would mean that SQEX Japan doesn't put out anything newly created (not counting late localizations like Drakengard 3 or Bravely Default or HD remasters like FFX | X-2 or KH2.5) after Lightning Returns for almost 1,5 years. I'd personally like to remain optimistic enough to think that FFXV's development is quite far along and is advancing so smoothly that a release a year from now isn't completely unrealistic.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eh, they need to have big releases regularly (from studios on both sides of the pond). They can't really operate by just not releasing anything for as long a time as a year. Releasing Thief 4 in Q1 2014 and not having much in the way of big games for (over) a year just isn't likely to happen. If Square Enix was ready to (re-)reveal FFXV at E3 this year, a release ~1,5 years later isn't anything unheard of (but would kind of be expected from the way SQEX usually operates nowadays). Not to even mention it would mean that SQEX Japan doesn't put out anything newly created (not counting late localizations like Drakengard 3 or Bravely Default or HD remasters like FFX | X-2 or KH2.5) after Lightning Returns for almost 1,5 years. I'd personally like to remain optimistic enough to think that FFXV's development is quite far along and is advancing so smoothly that a release a year from now isn't completely unrealistic.

I'm sure they need to have big releases. But considering they probably can't get XV out in time for fiscal 2014, which I'm sure they've thought up as well, then might as well shove everything to make 2013 look good and just write off 2014. Hence the point, "write off."

Exentryk

t1381816800z4.png

Silky

Banned
Are we making fun of FF15 in 2015 because of marketing potential or is really gonna be that late, oh man that would suck :(

More time they take with Final Fantasy the better, really. Don't mind the wait at all. Hopefully they'll adjust those awful character designs.

And yes, people: BBS is the goddamn truth.

Soriku

More time they take with Final Fantasy the better, really. Don't mind the wait at all. Hopefully they'll adjust those awful character designs.

And yes, people: BBS is the goddamn truth.

More time? The game was announced 7 years ago...you must have the patience of a saint.

Also they've changed the character designs more than once but I don't see them changing them again. And they're not going to entirely redesign the characters.

Silky

Banned
More time? The game was announced 7 years ago...you must have the patience of a saint.

I waited on Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and now KI for the span of 10+ years. Ain't no thang. Especially considering SE and Final Fantasy right now...

Squire

Banned
Different teams, son.

Nomura having co-directors is what's really relevant, to me.

Also they've changed the character designs more than once but I don't see them changing them again. And they're not going to entirely redesign the characters.

Yeah, it seems when they went back to the drawing board last time they really went HAM on the Roen connection. I wonder if there's a sizable pay-off there or something.

Different teams, son.
Okay bad wording on my part, but still splitting his mindshare a tad at least.

In the end I obviously just want both of them to be good, I don't claim to know anything about development but appears on the surface that FF13V/FF15 has been in the cooker for far too long to not be further along... but I'm probably wrong.

Motwera

Banned
Seen some small video thumbnails via the youtube thumbnail image trick, yes.. it indeed is accurate to the impressions posted by the OP (As edited)
Get ready!

Skilletor

In an Ideal world, FFXV wouldn't come out until 2017, at best. That game needs to be their mangum opus.

Your ideal world and my ideal world are not the same.

2015 would be perfect and would fall in line with the timing of FF10's release on ps2, I believe.

Get your shit together, SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom