• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New KH3 clip to appear at D23 (Disney) event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Some peoples in the interwebs seem to speculate that the ''clip'' mentioned isn't related to KH3 at all neccessarily and indeed could be 2.5 related. Who knows.
They seem to have an hour long KH event. Pretty sure they can show a 10-30 second KHIII clip and announce KH 2.5 at the same event.

Famassu

Guys, remember what happened with the FFXV TGS trailer?! Don't get your hopes up.
Well, they did say just before TGS that they wouldn't have anything new for FFXV at TGS. Now they are explicitly stating there will be a new clip from KHIII at this event. I mean, these events have never even had anything KH related, AFAIK. This is the first time that Disney has brought KH to be a part of this kind of "D" event, so I'd guess that warrants showing new stuff.

Now, whether the clip is 10 seconds long or 50, that can be questioned.

This is just gonna be that "Conversation with Developers" thing they were promising right? Probably with like another 2 seconds of gameplay (which I wouldn't be unhappy with, mind you)

Kassu

Banned
I don't expect to see anything meaningful from KH3, but I'm pretty sure we will see KH2.5 and probably some irrelevant social/mobile games.

Famassu

I guess there won't be any news on FFXV on the event.
It's a Disney event. What does FFXV have to do with Disney? I mean, I guess if there are some interviews of Nomura from the event, he might asked something about FFXV, but there will be nothing major. Jump Festa 2014 in December a couple of months from now could be the next time we get something from FFXV, realistically speaking.

Dark_castle

It's a Disney event. What does FFXV have to do with Disney? I mean, I guess if there are some interviews of Nomura from the event, he might asked something about FFXV, but there will be nothing major. Jump Festa 2014 in December a couple of months from now could be the next time we get something from FFXV, realistically speaking.

True dat.

Speaking of which, was there no new interview being made post/during TGS with Nomura at all other than the Conversation with Creator?

I was excited until I heard that it was a Conversations with the Creator video. I doubt that we will see any substantial new footage. It'll be as disappointing as the TGS XV trailer.

Carbonox

Will be nice but don't expect much.

However, what I truly truly truly truly hope will be there is the announcement for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD. I NEED IT. Platinuming KH1 HD has left me yearning for more KH goodness that doesn't involve fucking cards.

~~Hasan~~

q3klci6sqo.gif

WAT

omg this is so cute. where is this from ???

also. hello 2 new seconds of footage.

Twio

Some peoples in the interwebs seem to speculate that the ''clip'' mentioned isn't related to KH3 at all neccessarily and indeed could be 2.5 related. Who knows.

That does make some sense. It's not explicitly stated that the trailer is KH3 related after all. Even though the conference is for KH3 it wouldn't be the first time Square surprised us.

What are the chancs of a feature length anime or CG movie with Disney's involvement? Seems like the best of times to announce something. Would've expected it about... 5 years ago!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Why are we hyping for? We probably would get Sofia the First and Jake and the Never Land Pirates's worlds instead of deserving worlds we want to see such as Toy Story, Incredible, Princess and the Frogs, Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, etc.

Count me in. We wouldn't get it until 2015 or 2016 so I'm cautiously hyped for the game.

Seigyoku

Kinda hoping it'll be an Aqua clip in a way. A strong female lead that wasn't a crap character (Lightning?) and yet, noone looks at her. Pffft.

I named my computer after her. ^^;

Intetesting that it's at a Disney event. Seems to me that Disney has always treated the franchise with a little bit of distain. Almost like "yeah, we licensed the characters, but we don't really want anything to do with this other than that."

Actually in this last year or so, Disney has been picking up a little steam with how they handle the property here. Some good and some not.

The good: They'd sold some US KH merch, including a Mickey in Org cloak pin at the Disney Parks, SE had a booth at the US D23 event to hype the 1.5 release, they co-hosted a KH1.5 release event (though it did get moved out of Downtown Disney due to HOW MANY PEOPLE WANTED TO GO).

The bad: Those promotional events were announced EXTREMELY last minute. (Sorry sore point since in both cases I could have made plans to go despite not living in LA if I had been given time), Japanese KH merchandise went POOF from SE's store just around the time some US goods were released... Hmmm.

It's been a little while since the last mainstream game in the series, so my memory could be a little hazy, but I really don't recall any great examples of them promoting the games. They also do very little from what I've seen in the way of merchandising, which is unlike Disney, as they seem to want to merchandise the crap out of anything that seems remotely popular.

Maybe it's a licensing issue with Square, I'm not sure.

This is something that people constantly forget. KH is owned by Disney. Not SE. Disney. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, the Heartless, the Nobodies, the Keyblade etc etc? All Disney characters and properties. Full stop. When you start a game you see (c) Disney. THEN you see a listing of FF games that have contributed characters and concepts to that game and THOSE are listed as belonging to SE. But otherwise, it's all Disney.

Disney could in fact, at the end of whatever contract they have in place with SE, just take the entire franchise and go home. Give it to someone else to make games. Do nothing with it at ALL. They couldn't use Cloud et all, but otherwise it's their set of toys. Now that said, they are clearly happy with what SE has done, as Nomura has stated that Disney has given them the go ahead to use more and more properties and they went from "you can only cameo Mickey" to "Sure Mickey can even be a playable character!" And they tend to let SE handle the marketing and promotion and such. But at the end of the day it belongs to Disney.

And we're already seeing evidence that they are starting to pull the US merchandise back home.

Exentryk

Walt Disney Company CEO - Bob Iger - gave a lecture at the event with Kingdom Hearts as one of the topics. Mentions the announcement to be made on the 14th - (via @aibo_ac7)

Also, exclusive sketch of Sora drawn and autographed by Tetsuya Nomura is being auctioned off - (via @luce10wa)

Also being auctioned is this Sora model which during the production of the first work of "Kingdom Hearts", was made as a character reference for modeling. There is no paint because it was made as a reference, but it is a valuable product that has not been commercialized. BOX handwriting illustration and sign is by director Tetsuya Nomura.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I will expect nothing. That way I do not have to be disappointed. I doubt it will work.

Vire

New as in 2 seconds of new footage like the FFXV TGS Trailer?

Nah-uh, you ain't fooling me again Square.

Qvoth

hopefully they announce utada hikaru will sing another theme song
she is just so strongly attached to KH in my mind that i just can't imagine a KH without her

Mariolee

It could be a one second shot of Riku looking out on Destiny Islands and I would splooge.

This is why Nomura hurts me. Because it's so easy. :(

Ishida

Banned
Possible outcomes:

a) It's still the same clips we've seen before.

b) It's a new clip, but it will be like 3 seconds of it.

c) No matter the length, it will be CGI and nothing rendered in real-time.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Watch my hopes be dashed along the rocks....as it will probably be something like Sora standing on the clock of Twilight Town contemplating to himself or something. And nothing else.

Tagg9

Walt Disney Company CEO - Bob Iger - gave a lecture at the event with Kingdom Hearts as one of the topics. Mentions the announcement to be made on the 14th - (via @aibo_ac7)

Wow, seriously? I'm almost surprised that Iger is even aware of Kingdom Hearts at all. Hopefully this means they'll be making a serious investment into the third game (as well as SE).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom